Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - An Icy Return

The Fire Continent is covered in snow, and Sierra, Marth, and Roy think that the Water Continent is responsible. Can they get through this escapade? And Ariella's distant cousin? Find out in SMR 2!

Chapter 1 - An Icy Return

Chapter 1 - An Icy Return
Chapter 1: An Icy Return

The sun rose over the kingdom of Jarus. Princess Sierra had just been up, training with her sword, as always. Suddenly, the open window let in a cold wind. Just when Sierra was about to close the glass, she saw the outside. Snow covered the entire landscape. “Boy, was the Jarusian weather sage wrong....” Sierra muttered under her breath. The weather sage, much like a weatherman in today’s society, had said that the forecast for the whole week was ninety degrees, possibly higher. “This is insane!” Sierra said again, to herself, “Why would it snow in the summertime?” She bolted down stairs, for a commotion was heard at the front door.

~

“We’re here to see Sierra!” Roy pleaded, trying to make himself sound urgent. “I’m sorry, but she’s in her room. As in, not open to public. And it’s princess to you!” said Albert, the servant that was currently on morning guard duty. “But sir, we’re of royal blood,” Marth reasoned, “plus we’re friends of the princess. Please, can we at least come in? It’s freezing!” “Sorry, but no. And as for freezing, I agree. Strange how weather suddenly changes!” Albert replied. Roy chuckled sarcastically. “Yeah...” he said with a glare. ~ Lina, who was Sierra’s head maid and the wife of Albert, bolted up to the princess suite. “Princess! Noble heiress!” she panted, almost collapsing at the doorway. “What is it, Lina?” Sierra asked, putting down her sword. “Dress warmly, dear. Two visitors are here to see you. One’s red-haired, and the other is dressed like an Altean. I think it’s prince Marth and lord Roy...” At Lina’s words, Sierra bolted out the doorway, dressed in her usual garb, but instead of the cape, she had a long coat with fur trim.

~

“Pleeeeease?” Roy begged, “The princess is our friend!” Albert shook his head. “Sorry, but I can’t--” “MARTH! ROY!” Sierra shoved Albert aside, and hugged-tackled Marth and Roy simultaneously. “You came! You guys actually accepted my invite!” “There was an invitation?” Albert asked. “Yeah. You held them up?” Sierra suddenly barked. “Um....I....yes?” Albert said, sheepishly, “If they had brought their card--” “I called them by magic....Albert, you’re so hopeless....” Sierra said with a sigh. Lina bolted to the entrance just in time. “Why, hello there! Do come in!” she said with a smile, and motioning for Albert to get back inside. Imeddiately they all bolted into the main foyer.

Sierra took off her long coat, and hung it by the fire to dry. Although the snow wasn’t melting, she could tell that the usual heat was trying to break through. It was if the ice was trying to fight back. She instantly thought that something was up. Roy sat on the couch, and so did Marth. Sierra settled for a couch across from them. “What’s up?” she asked. “Nothing much...” Roy said, “but guess what happened? You remember the super-slide that opens in Pharae every summer? Well, I had to cut the ribbon today. It was frozen solid, not even the sword I use for cutting stuff like that couldn’t even cut it halfway. So the council declared no super-slide until the snow goes away. Plus, I even tried the slide, bundled up of course, and I couldn’t even slide down, the ice was that dense!” “Well, the ice I went through was MUCH worse!” Marth replied, “I’m still learning about my ice powers, you see. I had to get Roy to melt the ice because I got stuck....twice!” Sierra laughed at her two best friends’ escapades. “You guys rock!” she said. Roy and Marth grinned. “Would anyone like hot tea?” Lina asked, bringing in a wood tray. “Yes, please,” Marth said, taking a mug. Sierra and Roy followed, taking mugs from the tray. Lina left the room, and left the SMR alone.

Sierra decided to start the conversation with “Something is definitely up. Look at my coat!” The coat she had worn earlier was being fought over by some sort of force. Ice was spreading, but the heat it was next to was trying to have an upper hand. Five minutes had passed, and the heat won out. The ice had melted completely. “Wierdness...” Marth said. Roy was astonished as well. “What’s up with the ice? It was all protective of what it had...” “I think that’s what’s happening,” Sierra said. Marth and Roy looked at her, interested. “See, we’re the guardians of the continents, trying to keep the elements balanced, right?” Sierra began. Marth and Roy nodded. “Well, I have a feeling that what’s causing this snow isn’t an ordinary source, like the frozen clouds. In fact, the clouds look fine. I think that the cause of this crazy weather.....” Sierra said, “.....is magic.” “Magic?” Roy asked, “how?” “Simple. One must have to be able to switch their weather with ours, so that the spellcaster can live,” Sierra continued, “Since the whole continent is covered in snow and ice....I bet that there’s another continent that has our perfect weather.” “Water continent,” Marth said, taking a sip of tea, “I’ve heard stories about it. They have snow and ice year-round.” “That’s it, then!” Roy said, “since we’re the element guardians or whatever, it’s OUR job to keep balance! So, we’re gonna march right over to that Water continent and take our weather back!” “How?” Marth asked, “The water continent is across the sea!” “We go to Port Sarim,” Sierra said, “but first, we have to go to Ebyon. They are the only ones who have the key to the doors of the harbor gate of the ship we need.” “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s do it!” Roy said.

They spent the night in the Jarusian palace. The next morning, snow kept falling, yet there wasn’t any more snow on the ground than there was the day before. Bundled up in warm capes provided by Lina, and carrying their original clothes in a satchel, the SMR set out for Ebyon.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fan-artluver on February 24, 2006, 10:56:27 PM

Fan-artluver on
Fan-artluverWAHHHHHHH! kikyo_lovers_59 beat me to the first comment! Anyhwo, this was good!

kikyo_lovers_59 on February 20, 2006, 5:17:17 AM

kikyo_lovers_59 on
kikyo_lovers_59LOVE THE STORY *cries*

Kikyo:she is just crying no problem