Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Arrows of Light

Her name is Aurelia.
She is the princess of Angel Land, destined to become the Orchid Angel of Peace. She hates sitting around doing nothing, and so she trains in the art of war against her mother's wishes. She's a skilled archer, and is also part of a s

Chapter 2 - Arrows of Light

Chapter 2 - Arrows of Light
They finally stopped flying at about the very south of the Sky Kingdom itself. The sand spread for miles, but as angels, they both could withstand a lot of heat due to the fact that their feathered wings could act as fans and could also filter the sun. “So......why exactly are we here, Aurelia?” Pit asked. “Well.......I have a confession to make.....can we set camp here?” Aurelia requested. “Sure....I didn’t bring any supplies, though....or provisions,” he replied. “That’s okay,” Aurelia said, “there are plenty of animals out here.....plus, I have these.” She pulled out two sacks of bread, cheese, and fruit, and two everlasting canteens of water. “Thank you,” Pit said, and had some water. “But won’t they run out?” “Don’t tell me you’ve never used these? These canteens will refill themselves when 3/4 of the water is consumed,” Aurelia explained. “So, what was that confession you wanted to make, Aurelia?” asked Pit, tearing off a piece of bread. “Oh yeah!” Aurelia said, and began her tale.

“You know I mentioned something about my mother calling these lands the Beyond Worlds? See.......my mother is the queen of Angel Land. I am the missing princess everyone was talking about. No, don’t worry. I left for a good reason.
“A long time ago, earthers and angels co-existed in peace. Humans could see angels, and angels could visit anywhere they wanted beyond the Sky Kingdom. Then, one day, that all changed. A group of dark angels by the name of Shadow’s Wing began terrorizing humans, and they wanted nothing to do with us. So we became invisible to those who once held us dear as their guardian angels. Lots of people don’t believe in angels, and that’s the reason. Anyways, the Shadow’s Wing were through with humans, so they started giving us, the good angels, a hard time. They began destroying cities, and they ended up killing my father. They want to kill me too, because I was given the abilities at a young age to be able to stop the Shadow’s Wing. So, that’s why I fled.
“Another thing is that I don’t fight alone. I’m part of a secret charter of female angel warriors that one of my relatives started. I’ve been in it ever since my father died. My mother hates wars, one one hand, and she never wanted me to fight in them either. My father, on the other hand, wanted me to fight ever since they knew I was an orchid angel; angels destined to use the Lavender Bow. I was given this--my bow--the day of my father’s passing. I see you have one too. Uh....Pit?”

Pit was off in his own world. He zoned out after Aurelia only mentioned her bow. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. I have a bow, yes,” he said, pulling out the gold and sapphire bow. “Okay, I’m assuming you don’t have these?” Aurelia pulled off a set of two gold bangles that once glowed on both her arms. Now only her left arm had glowing bangles. “Actually, no,” Pit said, taking the rings and putting them on his own left arm. They were now rings of light that encircled his wrist. “Okay, now that you have those,” Aurelia said, “I’m going to show you what they do.” She pulled out her bow. “Now, although that bow has no string, act as if you’re actually drawing an arrow.” Pit did just that, and the gold rings slipped off his wrist and formed an arrow of crystal light. “Woah!” he cried. “Yeah, that’s exactly what I said!” Aurelia chuckled, “Now, take your drawn arrow, and release. The rings will come back to you.” Pit followed the instructions, and sure enough, the arrow didn’t go in just a single strike. It shot like a comet, leaving a trail of light towards a target he didn’t even aim for: a lone desert chicken. The rings slipped back onto his wrist. “Hey, I didn’t know they had chickens in this desert!” Pit said. “Neither did I!” Aurelia said, and they both laughed.

That night, the moon shone the brightest it ever had in the Sky Kingdom. Aurelia had fallen fast asleep, her wings--having collected the desert heat--being used as a blanket to envelop her in the comforts of all things warm. Pit decided to try it, and it worked. The two of them had the best night’s sleep they’d had in days.

The next morning, Pit awoke to a sizzling noise. Aurelia had already cracked a couple of eggs in her satchel and they instantly fried on the dry, hard, sandy earth because is was already so hot. “Sorry if they have a little sand on them,” Aurelia said, “I don’t know any runes to clean them up.” “Runes?” Pit asked, taking an egg off the ground. “I’m not sure what they are,” Aurelia said, “but they are talked of a lot by the great sages back home. They have a mysterious aura, and only certain few can use them.” Pit was already enjoying his egg, gritty or not.

Suddenly, black smoke began to surround the two angels. “WHAT’S HAPPENING??” Aurelia cried. Pit was too afraid to speak, but on impulse, the two grasped hands to keep from being separated. “Angels........good angels......I despise them....” A voice whispered. “WHO ARE YOU?!” Pit cried, still taking hold of Aurelia’s gloved hand. “I......” the black smoke cleared, revealing a blonde-haired girl in a black dress and a black scarf around her nose and mouth. Her eyes were icy blue, and she had wings: one was black, and the other was as icy as her stare. “I....am Cordelia.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment