Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Unity

This is an original story I''ve been working on for a while. I like it so far, but I''d like to know what other people think of it. Hopefully, you''ll like it.

Chapter 1 - Unity

Chapter 1 - Unity
Chapter 1: Unity

-Scene: There’s a short slightly skinny guy with blonde medium length hair. He has green eyes and looks to be 19. When he bends over, a large birthmark shows on his back. He’s in his PJs and sits in his chair thinking and staring up at the ceiling. It's a tiny apartment.-

*I can't believe I start tomorrow!* He stands up making fists and says: “Yosh! It will be a nice fresh start!”

*I'm not sure if I can sleep...* He thinks as he sits back down.

Brring! Brrring! He picks up the phone on his desk.

“Oh, hi! Yeah, I got here at about 6.... It's kind of lonely in the apartment, but maybe I'll make more friends an-....Yeah, they are demons, so, it makes them more int-..... No, don't worry they won't eat or curse me.... Yeah, yeah, talk to you tomorrow.” Hangs up phone, walks over to bed. Lies down and starts to think again.

*Hopefully they won't eat me. I can't think of that, I have to stay positive!* He drifts off to sleep.

-Scene: It's morning and the alarm clock is going off loudly. The boy is drooling and sprawled across the bed. He slowly wakes up, rubs his eyes, and turns off the alarm. He sits up in bed. -

*OK! It's the big day! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!*

-Scene: In front of Unity campus. There's a clock tower, lots of buildings, cemetery in the background, some fields next to it. All sorts of demons are walking around. The boy is standing in awe.-

“Whoa! I've got to figure out where orientation is! Ummm... Excuse me, where's the auditorium?” He asks a female neko demon walking by. Who’s at a normal height, has silver straight medium length hair. Appears to be 20, and has golden cat eyes. She has cat ears with blue tips, the rest being silver. Has a tail that’s silver with a blue ribbon at the end. Skin is white and has a tinge of blue to it. She’s wearing a dark brown long skirt that goes down to midway of her lower leg, a long blue loose fitting t- shirt, and black Mary Jane shoes. She also looks a bit athletic.

“Oh, that's straight after the clock tower to your left. You don't look like a normal demon?”

“Hehehe... I'm not. My name's Shadow. Nice to meet you. I'm actually human.”

“Oh, nice to meet you Shadow, I'm Junko or Jun for short. I don't think I've ever actually met a human.”

“Well, first time for everything! Oh, shoot! I've got like 10 minutes to get to Orientation!”

“You should get going then! Maybe we'll talk afterwards!” Shadow runs to where she told him and gets there just as they were about to close the doors.

“Ah! I made it!” He slides in and takes a seat in the back row.

“So, welcome to Orientation at Unity University! We have such a huge new student body this year! Before we get into more of this, I'm going to give you a bit of history.”

*Oh, great. Sounds boring. Maybe I'll sleep if it gets to be too boring.*

“Unity is over 200 years old. Actually quite new in the demon world. Up until this year we were an all demon school. This year we're making history and allowing for humans to join. There isn't any actual dorms for them right now, but we're still working on construction. A lot of them are getting discounts at local apartment complexes for the time being. As you well know all schools are either for demons or for humans. We seem to be segregating people in our society. The new mission of this university is to 'unite' the humans and demons in peace. And, to give both a high quality education. Although, we haven't had any human professors join yet, our demon professors are more than happy to help the humans. We want you to succeed and have the same opportunities as your demon classmates so don't hesitate to use our services. Join clubs, get counseling, use our hospital, ask the TA's about anything you need help on, buy things at our school stores, and use plenty of our other resources. Hopefully you got the manual in the mail a couple of weeks ago where it talks about this in detail. The school mascot is the tiger. A lot of you are new to the area, even new to the country, so I strongly suggest you tour around the city. It's a beautiful place to live. As you have probably already realized this is quite a big university. It's the largest in the country, so we have lots of maps all over campus. Also, you should ask the returning students if you really get lost. After a while it will be really easy to navigate. Our school colors are crimson and black, refer to the manual on why. Again I welcome all of you to this splendid university!” The president of the school Lancelot Wesson finishes.

“There's an all campus picnic at the main field. It's only a couple of minutes from here. If you'd like to we'll start that shortly. It's a perfect opportunity for students to make friends. Enjoy!” People start moving towards the doors.

-Scene: At the picnic where all sorts of demons show up. Since some demons can't eat certain things, there's different stations for them. The only problem is there isn't a place marked for human type food.-

“Ummm.... Where are the humans supposed to get food?” Shadow looks around nervously.

“Oh, get in the vampire line. For some reason there aren't many of you so we had to have you guys share a line. There should be, what you call, 'hamburgers, beans, and some salad'. Sorry, I don't know much about human food.” A demon helping to serve the others says.

“A- a- are you sure, in the vampire line?” Shadow asks shakily.

“Yeah, is there a problem?”

“They might eat me!”

“Oh don't worry, they're getting blood anyways. It shouldn't be a problem if the food’s being provided. If they give you a problem, tell security. If you can't tell them, press this button, and it will alert them.” He points to a blue button on the counter.

“If you say so.” Shadow gets in the vampire line. It's going smoothly, and Shadow tells the vampire who's working there for the human meal. The vampire takes a while trying to look for it.

“Come on! What's taking so long! I'm hungry!” Someone right behind Shadow shouts.

“I'm sorry for the wait. Here you go. Enjoy! Tell me if it's any good, because we can't eat it, we don't know what is suitable for humans.” She grins as she hands it over to Shadow.

“Thank you so much!” *Maybe it's not really so bad. It looks good actually.*

“Finally! You humans should just go back home! Taking up my time like that!” Shouted a vampire behind him. He’s tall. Has messy medium length dark brown hair. Eyes are dark brown with a tinge of red. Looks to be about 20. Has very pale skin. He’s wearing a white muscle shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and sneakers. He’s pretty skinny.

“Sir, be nice. He's new, and you're making it worse for him. Leave him alone.”

“uh, yeah, ok. Just give me something!”

*Wow! He's mean! I'll steer clear of him!* He thinks as he goes off and finds a spot to sit and eat on the field.

*Huh... it's actually not bad! Although, there's no dressing or condiments. It's still good!*

“Hey! Weren't you on the mall earlier?” Jun asks surprising him.

“Oh, yeah! Hi Jun! How's it going?”

“It's going pretty well. I just came back from my classes and decided to try and meet the new students.”

“Cool! What are you studying?”

“I'm majoring in Animal Science. I love animals!”

“Animals are cool! What type of food did you get?”

“Oh, they have a special mouse sandwich and some candy that apparently humans don't like. It looks like this.” She holds it up and it looks like something toxic. Shadow turns pale as soon as he sees it.

“uh... hehehe.... mouse huh? That candy looks creepy.”

“Well, their mouse isn't as good as my mom makes but it's good. What do you have?” She asks enthusiastically.

“It's just a hamburger, a salad, and some beans. It's not bad. Although, the burger's kind of dry.”

“What's a burger?” She asks sniffing it.

“You don't know what a burger is? It's beef made into a patty and grilled, and then put in between a bun.”

“Sounds interesting. Humans have weird things, but I want to learn more!”

“OK, I'll tell you some things.” They end up talking for a while about differences between humans and nekos.

“Well, got to go! See you around!” She gets up and runs off somewhere.

“Don't try to make nice with us! You don't belong!” The same vampire from before says.

“What do you want from me?! If you hate me so much just go off somewhere else.”

“Don't worry about him he's always been that way towards even other demons. He thinks vampires are superior, and thinks humans shouldn't exist.” A voice says next to him. The vampire struts off somewhere. He turns around to see where the voice came from. It’s someone who’s slightly taller than Shadow. Has long straight green hair tied up with a white ribbon in a pony tail, and has long side bangs. Eyes are deep jade. He appears to be 19. Skin has a bit of a jade tinge. He’s wearing a white silk Kung Fu shirt which has a gold dragon print on it, black slacks, and black sneakers. Also, seems to be pretty athletic.

“Thanks!”

“Don't mention it. I don't despise humans but I don't like them either.” He says coolly.

“What's your name?”

“The name's Gun. I'm of the dragon race. I’m mostly Chinese dragon, but have some European in my ancestry too. There aren't too many of us.”

“Oh, it's nice to meet you, I'm Shadow. Cool, dragons! I didn't think they existed.”

“Yep, we certainly do. What are you planning to study?”

“Demonology. I love learning about demons.” Everyone goes quiet after he says this.

“That's an interesting major. I have a feeling you'll meet a lot of demons that will hate you just because of that.”

“Why? I can't be curious about them?”

“Just be careful.” He walks away.

After eating, Shadow stands up.

*OK, next is to find my advisor! I hope he isn’t scary like that vamp was!*

-Next scene: At the school’s counseling office standing in line.-

“Yuki, Yuki Yamamoto!”

“Here!” He sees someone go to who called them.

*I’m nervous for some reason! OK, pull yourself together! They’ll be calling me soon!*

“Oh, I guess he’s not here. Go to the ne-”

“Who’s name was called?” He asks startled.

“Ah… Shadow Delaney. Is that you? You better listen more clearly.”

“Yes, ma’am. Thanks!”

Walks into a room where a seemingly normal (human) looking man is sitting in a large chair at his desk in the middle of the room. He has white long hair. Eyes are blue and he wears thin framed glasses. Appears to be 35 years old. He seems just a bit pale. He’s wearing a business suit; white dress shirt, blue tie, grey jacket, khakis, and brown dress shoes. It’s so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

“Uh… Hi! Are you Mr. Morrison?” Shadow asks as calmly as he can.

“Yes, I am. Hello!” He nods to Shadow, and ushers him to sit down.

“So you’re originally from Maple University. It says here you had straight A’s, why the move?”

“Oh, I was interested in Demonology, and thought the best way to learn about them was to meet them. I waited a year and went to a humans only college until one of the demon schools opened up its doors to humans. And that was Unity. I jumped at the chance and surprisingly they accepted my request only a week later.”

“Oh, I see. That’s good then, we’ll be proud to have such a great student. Especially one that’s human sets a high bar if others want to join.”

“Thanks, I guess. Sorry if this is rude, but you look human to me. Are you?”

“You’re welcome. It’s not rude, you’ll just have to keep in mind not everything is as it seems. To answer the question I’m sort of human I guess you can say. I’ll show you. Pick up the paper and try to hand it to me.”

“OK, here you go.” As soon as Shadow lets go of it, it falls right through the advisor’s hands. He suddenly realizes that up close, Mr. Morrison looks transparent.

“Wow! What are you?!”

“Well, I’m a ghost. That’s why I said ‘sort of’ human. They gave me you to advise, because I’m the closest person on staff to being a human. I can pick things up, but it takes a great deal more effort than what humans use. So, if I’m tired when you see me next time, you’ll probably have to show me your records. Simply because I won’t be able to pick it up. You might have to help me a bit with other things. Don’t worry it won’t be heavy lifting for you.”

“Whoa! I thought ghosts weren’t real! This is creepy.”

“Well, we’re just as real as you are! We’re not creepy really. The ones you have to watch out for are the wraiths and poltergeists. We’re usually pretty gentle, since we aren’t so filled with hate and revenge.”

“OK, that’s cool! I guess I can relate to you more.”

“So, what classes were you planning on taking? We have to put you into the system.”

“I thought I did that already.”

“You did, but advisors are supposed to give the ok.” Shadow hands the class list over to him and he ok’s it.

“Well, enjoy your new university! If you have any problems academic or otherwise come and see me.”

“What do you mean otherwise?”

“Just in case the demons get out of hand, you need therapy, or anything. I’m a therapist during the summer for students. I’m head of the Psychology department.”

“Oh great, just what I need.” He rolls his eyes.

“Seriously, you might. If anything you might be homesick, have culture shock, etc. and I can help.”

“Thanks, bye.” He quickly walks out.

-Scene: In his apartment, about to go to bed.-

*Wahoo! Tomorrow’s the first day! Let’s see what classes are going to be like!* Goes to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment