Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The good news and the bad news

Eighteen years ago, the village was attacked by two mighty tailed canine demons; a nine tailed male fox and his mate, a seven-tailed female wolf. FULL SUMMARY INSIDE!!!

Chapter 2 - The good news and the bad news

Chapter 2 - The good news and the bad news
Hello and welcome to Chapter 2 of Close but never together! Id like to thank you for joining me in this ridiculous fanfic of mine, since I still think it stinks and isnt worthy of being on this site. Anyhow, this chapter will revolve around our beloved 18 year old Naruto! Woo-hoo! On with the story!



Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any related characters of the manga/anime. If I did, Naruto-kun and I would have been married along time ago.

Close but never together



Rating: PG-13 for now&..Ill change the rating as the story progresses.


Summary: Eighteen years ago, the village was attacked by two mighty tailed canine demons; a nine tailed male fox and his mate, a seven-tailed female wolf. Nevertheless, the fourth Hokage seals them in two human babies. 18 years later, Kyuubi whos inside Naruto Uzumaki is now looking for his mate, and unless Naruto can find the girl that contains Kyuubi s mate Minako, Naruto will die! But who can the girl be?



&. Talking

&& Thought

&. Kyuubi

&. Minako



Chapter2: The good news and the bad news


It was another beautiful peaceful day in the village of Konoha; well if you consider having ninjas jumping/traveling rooftops and training killer moves/Jutsus then it was another normal day for Cell 7 as they stood on the bridge waiting for their usually tardy sensei.

I swear, weve been in this team for nearly 6 years and Kaka-sensei is still late! I mean, it seems like he enjoys us yelling at him said a very annoyed Sakura, as she paced back in forth.

True, but his excuses are always funny to laugh at for later& replied Naruto, who was walking on the rails bored. I hope todays training is more interesting than yesterdays. I mean, I easily managed to pass the training this time. He ran a hand through his longer and spiked blonde hair, his dark sapphire eyes showed mischief as always.

I agree, hes going easy on us&. the raven haired Uchiha added as he leaned against the other rail of the bridge. Looking at his watch, he shook his head.  Hes 4 hours and 34 minutes late-

Suddenly a puff of smoke appeared announcing their teachers arrival. As the smoke cleared, the three students can only glare at the silver haired man who was reading yet again, one of his books as always. Without looking up, he began to speak.

Im sorry Im late, you see-

Oh stuff it Kaka-sensei! said Naruto, getting in his stance with Sakura for their usual posture.

YOUR LATE AGAIN! they yelled, giving their sensei the accusing fingers of shame. Sasuke could only sigh at his teammates attempts to make their teacher feel guilty for his tardiness.

Okay! Okay! Im sorry for being late. Anyhow, we have a simple D-rank mission for today. Kakashi said as he slowly backed away from the menacing blonde boy and pink haired girl who happened to have death looks on their eyes.

So&whats the mission? asked Sasuke pushing himself off the rail to stand straight, an annoyed look on his face. It was obvious he wanted at least a B-ranked mission instead.

All we have to do is go visit the retirement home and socialize with the elders there. The young adults groaned, with Naruto and Sasuke the loudest. Who would want to be with fossils anyway?

Okay& was their reply before they headed toward the village.

In the village:

This mission bites&why would I wanna hang out with old people? thought Naruto, as they were a few feet from their destination.



Kit, be patient. Maybe youll learn something from this&


The blonde stiffened but relaxed as he realized it was only Kyuubi. 6 years ago, while still in Ninja Academy, he had learned that he was the vessel/container of the nine tailed demon fox by the evil sensei Mizuki, who used Naruto by tricking him into stealing a forbidden village scroll that contain dangerous Jutsus that could have endangered everyone if not for Iruka who managed to give Naruto determination and courage to defeat Mizuki with a Jutsu he had learned from the scroll. After that, he graduated into Genin.

What can I learn from a bunch of living stiffs? the boy asked in his head.

The fox chuckled before answering.

Remember, theyre not all stiffs. Some are retired ninja, maybe you can learn a skill or two if you behave yourself&

Both Naruto and Kyuubi were silent for three seconds before cracking up in laughter, both knowing that Naruto would never behave well, earning Naruto several glances from the villagers and his teammates.

Okay, Ill behave. But only because its a mission, plus I need to gain respect from others as well.

Good, now go&


And with that, the blue eyed boy nodded, entering the building that they had now reached.

4 hours later&

Cell 7 exited the village, having the mission satisfyingly complete. What was surprising is Narutos well behavior as he listened to several old shinobis tales of their lives as ninja.

But secretly, as they told their stories, they also have given him some pointers, so he learned to improve his sex-changing Jutsu by making it last longer, and to use his chakra to make shuriken and kunai knives from water. Before he left, the retired ninjas had given him a couple of scrolls to study from, then requesting for him to come to visit again which Naruto quickly agreed with a nod and a grin.

Sakura, on the other hand, was knitting with an old widow who was also named Sakura, who spoke to her about her children and recipes, which the pink-haired girl memorized, in case she wanted to surprise the senior Sakura with them in her next volunteered visit.

Sasuke in the meanwhile was playing chess with the villages oldest game champion. He lost 14 times and only managed to win 5 games. He had continued to play because the old man was laughing at his skill, which the Uchiha boy did not take lightly. Nevertheless, all in the same time, he did manage to enjoy himself.

Last but not least, Kakashi was not with his students on this mission. He was too busy trying to flirt with the young woman at the front desk of the building. Sadly, he was rejected, so he went outside to the garden of the property and read his book in the comforts of a tree branch to soothe his broken pride.

Okay team, we did well today. began the silver haired masked man. So go home and rest. Well meet up tomorrow at 7 a.m. sharp at the bridge. Then he was gone before Naruto and Sakura could threaten him to come on time.
Well&later&. said the raven boy before walking off.

Sakura shouted her goodbye at Sasuke then politely said her farewell at the blonde before heading toward her house, leaving Naruto to only nod before heading off to the nearest Ramen stand to order a To-Go meal.

Narutos apartment later that day:

Naruto was resting on his bed, exhausted from training his chakra, and studying the scrolls that were given to him, then ate his ramen before he laid on his bed.

Closing his eyes, he tried to catch some zs for tomorrows training, but then thats when Kyuubi began to talk to him.

Kit, I have a important issue to discuss with you&


Not now, cant you tell I want to sleep? the blonde responded annoyed.

Hmph, and you do not care if this issue has your life in the line?


Okay, spill. Whats so important that you have me wondering if my life is in jeopardy or not.

Do you know the reason I attacked the village?



Yes. No. Wait. No, I dont know. Whyd you attack the village? Did they do something to make you upset?



Aye, but do you know Im not the only demon that attacked the village and was sealed by the Fourth Hokage&..



WHAT!? Naruto said out loud, sitting up from his bed.



That night, I came to this village with my mate&.Minako&..the most beautiful creature you would ever seen&.she was a wolf though&but still I loved her&.she was kind and wise&..never truly judgmental and very fair&.we had 2 young pups who was barely able to leave our cave when they turned three years old, which we assume will keep us hidden&&we lived so happily&.


That must nice&..to had have such a family to make you happy&.

But then the fox gave a small growl as he continued.

Then one day as we were patrolling my territory&.a human from your village had come and killed our pups&..and our demon laws state that when a human kills the offspring of our race, we must follow the humans scent and destroy the whole village&.it was to prevent the human from telling others how to find us&&



So you came here for revenge? Because not only had they killed your children, but because it was your laws as well? That must have been terrible&.I dont blame you for attacking the village for that& the blue eyed boy thought as he laid on his bed again, sorrow filling his heart as the fox continued.


 We had heard our pups cries and as we were running to our cave&we caught the scent of their blood&..and when we arrived&..I was blinded by rage of seeing my pups lifeless bodies&..my mate was stricken with grief that she agreed to go with me to this village&.we found the human who had just entered the gates of Konoha&.we killed him instantly&&that night I had faced your Hokage&..he was very brave and foolish to dare tell me what to do&.


It sounds that you have at least some respect for the Fourth Hokage, Kyuubi&

The demon chuckled.

Yes, I do have respect for that man&.but&. but I do hate your Hokage&&.


Because he sealed you in me?

Yes&but he separated me from my mate&.I do not know what he has done with her&.I know he had to seal her in another body&.we demons can easily break from cells without a fresh vessel to keep us in bay&.so he had to seal in her inside another newborn human&..and thats what I need to discuss with you&.I need you to find that human&..if you do not&.in 2 years you will die&..



But why would I die?

Because a demon cannot be separated from their living mate longer that 20 years& and if they do not mate within those 20 years&.they would die&.so if I die&you will too&.



But that sucks! Plus totally unfair! I mean, it could be any girl! And I have to have sex with her to save your/my life!? Whyd you wait to tell me this now!?

Several reasons&.one youre just turn the current age of a human adult&.two, you needed to be this age in order for my chakra to change your body to become more demonic and strong&to help protect our mate&.your senses will heighten&.so you will be able to catch my mates scent easily&not to mention her chakra&& three you have to&&what do you humans call it? Ah, yes. You have to marry the girl&&..and last but not least, my mates seal will break soon&.it could be today, tomorrow or the next. Her scent will start to appear, so itll be easy to find her&



But this sucks! It sounds like a lot of work!



Kit&.you owe me&&I had saved your skin more that enough times to earn me a favor from you&.



Kyuubi had a point, whenever Naruto was in fatal danger, the fox will always take over and save the blondes and the others lives. And of course heal Narutos wounds with the help of his chakra.



Fine&.but I still dont like it&.I find this very disturbing&.especially the marriage part& 



Good, starting tomorrow we will go and start looking&.after your training of course&..now rest Kit&..for your body will need its rest after my chakra is through with it&..



Yes&.MOTHER&.. Naruto thought smirking.



Kit, go to sleep and shut up&.



End of Chapter 2&&.



Well, thats the end for this chapter, which I still think isnt good enough. But Ill let you readers decide on that. Poor Naruto-kun, he has to find this mysterious girl before his 20th birthday! I wont reveal her identity yet, but I will give you guys the girls point of view on the next chapter. Well&see you soon!

- silent-insaneminako


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

musicismylife on November 11, 2007, 8:10:53 PM

musicismylife on
musicismylifethis was really good !!!!!!:P Lol keep it up!!!