Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Closer together over a bowl of ramen

Eighteen years ago, the village was attacked by two mighty tailed canine demons; a nine tailed male fox and his mate, a seven-tailed female wolf. FULL SUMMARY INSIDE!!!

Chapter 5 - Closer together over a bowl of ramen

Chapter 5 - Closer together over a bowl of ramen
Hello! If you’re reading this and have read the first 4 chapters and loved it: THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT ON THE READING AND PERHAPHS WITH THE REVIEWS!! If you didn’t like it, I’m so sorry you have to put up with my lame story! ( sits depressingly in the corner of her room with tears coming out) Wahhhh!! (splits into her two personalities: Silent Minako and Insane Minako)
Insane Minako: (her arms crossed over chest) But you’re going to have to deal with it! And if you can’t stand anymore of this fic-
Silent Minako: - then don’t read it. As for the rest of you-
(both Minakos bow)
SM&IM: Continue with your regularly programmed fanfic.
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any related characters of the manga/anime. If I did, I’ll probably end up messing up the whole plot of the manga/anime, causing millions of fans to burn Shonen Jump magazines, Naruto manga/anime/video games/and anything Naruto related.
Close but never together
Rating: PG-13 for now…..I’ll change the rating as the story progresses.
Summary: Eighteen years ago, the village was attacked by two mighty tailed canine demons; a nine tailed male fox and his mate, a seven-tailed female wolf. Nevertheless, the fourth Hokage seals them in two human babies. 18 years later, Kyuubi who’s inside Naruto Uzumaki is now looking for his mate, and unless Naruto can find the girl that contains Kyuubi’ s mate Minako, Naruto will die! But who can the girl be?
“….” Talking
‘……’ Thought
‘….’ Kyuubi
‘….’ Minako
Chapter 5: Closer together over a bowl of Ramen
After a very long and detailed explanation by Tsunade with the interruptions of Naruto’s constant apologies to Hinata. (When Naruto and Hinata were being controlled by the demons) Hinata was informed of what happened.
“So, Naruto. Isn’t there something you want to tell Miss Hinata?”
The said ninja could only glare at the woman. She was enjoying this, and he knew it. Taking a deep breath, he spoke to the pale-eyed girl in a gentle tone.
“Hinata-chan. As you know, we have at least have two years to save our and the demon companions lives. In a normal situation that doesn’t risk my life, I would object to this but…it seems I don’t have much of a choice and neither do you…. ummm Hinata-chan…. will…you go out -
Hinata faintly blushed, as she knew where this is going.
“O-okay..”
Naruto looked at her startled, with Tsunade gasped while placing her hands on her two cheeks dramatically.
Well that went well.’
‘Shut it Kyuubi!’
What? She agreed, I don’t see what’s the big deal.’
‘She’s not agreeing in her own freewill. She knows what will happen if we don’t do this.’
Oh…but you still got her!’
‘Will you shut up!?’
“N-Naruto-kun?”
The blonde blinked as he heard his name being called. He looked up to see a worried Hinata and an amused Tsunade.
“Yes Hinata-chan?”
“Are you a-alri-alright?”
He tilted his head to a side and blinked.
“Why do you ask?”
Tsunade answered.
“Because, you idiot, I was just telling both of you that it’s agreed. And that you two must be careful in controlling your ‘roommates’ while you two are going out.”
Hinata blushed harder making Naruto slightly smile.
“Yes, Tsunade-sama.”
The Lady Hokage nodded before gesturing toward the door.
“Now if you don’t mind…I have things to catch up on.”
Naruto smirked knowing full well that she had meant sleep. As he was about to leave, he remembered something that happened earlier. Turning around, he gave the woman a icy stare.
“Tsunade baa-chan-“
He was given a death glare but he ignored it and continued.
“I thought you excused me from training….”
The Hokage placed a hand on a hip.
“ I did.”
“Then why in the world did Kakashi send Sasuke to look for me?”
She smacked her forehead and groaned making the boy and girl sweatdrop.
“shoot. I forgot to mention it to your sensei…”
And for twenty minutes, the boy and the woman were throwing insults at each other as the pale eyed girl watched from the sidelines.
--
It was an awkward silent walk to the Hyuuga compound. Naruto had his arms around his head, keeping a small distance from the blushing quiet girl, and ignoring the constant ramblings of Kyuubi in his head. Hinata, on the other hand, was having a small conversation with her demon companion.
‘ Minako-san…I’m n-nervous….’
About the arrangement of ‘dating’ with Naruto?’
‘Y-yes…I don’t th-think I c-can go thro-through with it…’
The girl heard a soft ‘Ah’, before the wolf replied gently.
‘Pup, do not worry. I can sense how nervous you are, but I assure you that I am here to help you when you need it.’
Her words seemed to have relaxed the girl.
‘Domo-arigato Minako-san…’
No need to thank or be formal with me, young pup.’
For the first time, since the craziness began, Hinata faintly smiled as her eyes became warm. This did not go unnoticed by the blonde as he gave her a quick glance.
“You look much prettier when you smile…”
Her eyes widen and her blush grew as she stared at the boy in surprised.
“Y-you th-think I l-look prettier…?”
“..when you smile…It shows your true self…it looks good on you..”
The fox whiskered boy grinned as the Hyuuga’ s face was completely red with these words. Then he got an idea.
“Hinata-chan, do you mind joining me for a bowl of Ramen?”
The girl blinked for a moment then gave him a small smile.
“O-okay…there’s n-no n-need for me to be ho-home rig-right now…”
Her heart skipped as the boy took one of her hands and began to lead her to Ichiraku's.
She couldn’t believe it.
He was holding her hand.
His grip was firm yet gentle.
‘Naruto-kun…..’
-- -- --
Meanwhile…..
Our most loved silver haired mask wearing jounin had just left the Hokage’s office after being told of Naruto’s excuse off training. For some apparent reason she didn’t told him the reason of the excuse which cause him to suspect something was up with his knucklehead of a student.
‘Maybe it has to do with Kyuubi…but then again Tsunade would have inform me just in case anything happened.’
The man shrugged, the thoughts faded away as he placed his attention to his beloved book.
-- --
At Ichiraku’s:
Naruto was finished with his fifth bowl while Hinata was still with her first. There was only one other person in the stand, but he was too busy chatting with the waitress that was working there.
She was halfaway into bring the noodles to her lips when the blonde spoke, his hands fidgeting on his lap.
“Hinata-chan….why did you agree to out with me?”
The noodles slipped out of her chopsticks as she turn to face him.
“Uh-um….w-well……..”
She blushed.
“Was it because our lives were at stake?”
‘…Naruto-kun….no…is that what you think …?’
Blue eyes widen as she grabbed both his hands and faced him completely, a look of determination shone through her blush.
“N-no! T-that’s not it! I agreed because I like you! I’d liked you since we were kids, I know you probably didn’t notice because I was so shy and was always nervous to even hold a conversation with you…”
The words hit him, no one has ever told him something like that. It’s as though someone else lifted the dark veil that surrounded his being. Even though she too had a demon inside her, she had never once was cruel to him in their childhood like some other people were. The boy knew she was completely sincere in her words.
“Why?”
His breath left him as her pale eyes became warm with emotion and another smile emitted from her lips.
“Because you were the who taught me to be a better and stronger person…I was happy when you watched me fight Neji, because you were cheering for me not to give up….remember…I said this exact same thing the day you faced Neji in the chunnin exams…you even said you used to think of me as a dark, plain and timid weirdo…but then you said you like ‘folks like me’…I admired you even more….”
She slowly released his hands, turning her face away to turn her attention to her ramen bowl.
She said how she felt. She even spoke without stuttering that much, it even surprised her.
The girl waited patiently as Naruto got over the shock.
“Hinata-chan…”
She looked at him, smiling a little as she saw the smile on the boy’s face.
“…thank you….”
- - -
Once again they walked to the Hyuuga compound, Naruto with a lighter heart and Hinata with some courage. As they got closer to the property, Naruto took the girl’s hand once more. This time, he walked beside her, not dragging her like earlier.
“N-Naruto-kun?”
He turned his head to her direction, a mischievous look in his sky blue eyes.
“Uzumaki, what are you doing holding Hinata-san’s hand?”
Both youngsters turned to the source of the voice.
It was Hyuuga Neji.
‘Oh crap!’ thought Naruto, his grip on Hinata’s hand did not loosen at the other boy’s intensive angry stare.
“Neji-nissan!” Hinata said, moving herself behind the blonde to avoid any scolding her cousin may give her.
“Hinata-san, why are you with this blonde?” the long haired youth asked as he walked toward them, the atmosphere around him filled with anger at the moment.
“Uh….well…w-“
“I was just bringing her back from ‘our’ date.”
Neji coldly narrowed his eyes at the word ‘date’.
“Is this true, Hinata-san?”
The poor girl could only nod; our beloved Naruto, who was now having a glaring contest with the Hyuuga genius, blocked part of her face.
Suddenly a figure appeared in front of them wearing a green spandex outfit. (Minako shudders while writing this)
It was Rock Lee.
“Now, now Neji. Let them off, they’re in their prime years of youth. Stop being so protective of Hinata. Let her have some fun will you? What are you? Her Babysitter?”
‘Bushy-brows is helping us? Wow, good luck Lee.’
Fortunate enough the taijutsu ninja didn’t need the blonde’s luck since Neji now appeared to be calmed by his teammate’s words.
“Okay.”
“N-Neji-nissan…are you a-angry?”
Naruto could feel the girl’s hand held his tighter as she awaited the response.
Her cousin looked at her and sighed.
“I’ll let you go with him…but what will your father say?”
Hinata gasped. It was true. What will her dad say?
“He’ll have to talk to Tsunade-san.”
While Naruto said this, he knew the Old Hag will help them in anyway she can.
“Very well. I’ll see you later, Hinata-san.”
And with that, both Neji and Lee left to who knows where, leaving the demon vessels to blink.
“Well that was easy.”
Naruto turned to face Hinata when he felt her let go of his hand.
“Hinata-chan? Is there something wrong?”
“I-I’m a-afraid…of what my father w-will do….”
The girl now felt like she had lost all courage she had gained and hope.
‘Oh Minako-san…how will I face my Otousan?’
Just then as the demoness was going to reply, one of Hinata’s hands was grasped by the boy who gently brought to his lips.
“Hinata-chan, don’t worry. I’ll make sure your father won’t do anything harsh…”
She looked deep into his eyes, fascinated by how deep the color was in his words. She was at lost of words. Speechless, she nodded in understandment.
“I trust you…Naruto-kun…..”
End of Chapter 5
Heh, bet a lot of you guys didn’t see this coming. This chapter is soo horrible! Come on, you tell me. You don’t have to lie! I tried my best on updating. It’s come to my attention that Chapter 3 was incomplete, so I’ve already replace it with the complete version that way you guys don’t miss the information on it that leads to Chapter 4. Ummmm, what else? Oh yeah, I’ll try to add a song for the next chapter. (listening to She Wants Revenge’s ‘Tear you apart)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on April 22, 2008, 2:15:12 AM

hflp on
hflpThat was cute. Definately worth the long wait.