Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Today Was a Normal Day or So I Thought

When sixteen year old Jade''s parents are killed. She finds out the truth of who she really is and falls for the boy named Harry Potter and soon finds out that he will be her enemy.

Chapter 1 - Today Was a Normal Day or So I Thought

Chapter 1 - Today Was a Normal Day or So I Thought
It was like any other day for me waking up in the city of New York. Getting up to the sound of birds singing in the trees and feeding their young. And the trees had a beautiful shade of pink blossom on their branches. But what was so great about today was it was the last day of school before summer break. So I got up, showered and dressed into my usual jeans, sneakers and t-shirt and tied up my long platinum blonde hair into a ponytail and headed downstairs to the kitchen. When I got there I noticed my mom was cooking her famous blueberry pancakes for breakfast this morning by using her wand to have the wooden spoon stir the mixture while she added the blueberries and my dad reading his paper Magic Weekly while drinking his coffee.
“Morning Mom” I said as I hopped up and sat on the counter.
“Morning sunshine, what has got you so happy this morning that has made you get up so early today, I would be shouting up the stairs to get you up” my mom asked as she pulled out a frying pan and added some oil turned on the heat and flicked her wand to the bowl and spoon to float over to the pan so she could start spooning out the mixture and start cooking the pancakes.
"Well today is the last day of school before we break up for summer and we finish early today and I'm going to be going to a sleepover round Kelly's with a few friends before they go away for the whole summer" I said happily then I noticed a confused yet worried look on my mom's face.
"Me and your father don't remember saying yes to you about going to a sleepover Jade, isn't that right Bob?" she looked at my dad waiting for a reply.
"Yes your mother is right we didn't say you could and you can't anyway things have got bad the past few weeks and it is not safe out there right now" he said looking at me and then my mom then taking a sip of his coffee and getting back to his paper.
"But what has this got to do with me going to a sleepover?" I said angrily as I got off the counter and took my pancakes that mom handed to me and sat down at the table.
"This has plenty of things to do with that the fact is that you're not going" she said as she finished doing her and my dad's pancakes flicked her wand to do the washing up and bought over their pancakes and the syrup and sat down.
"But mom this is the last chance I will see them again before they go away" I said in a foul mood grabbing the syrup before my dad and pouring loads on then stabbing my fork into my pancake forcefully and taking a big bite.
"I know how much you want to be with your friends on the last day of school but it is just not safe at the moment, here have a looked at the paper and you will see what I mean" said my dad passing me the paper but my mom gave my dad a look are-you-sure-you-should-let-her-read-that.
As I looked at the paper and saw the big headline on the front MASS MUDERING WIZARD STILL AT LARGE IN NEW YORK and I read the story below it that there had murders over the past few weeks involving wizarding families in the city nobody knows why they are doing it but they say we have to be careful who we trust as they say that the wizard can disguise themselves as a member of your family and kill them when they're back is turned. After finished reading it I gave it back to my dad.
"So do you see why you can't go to Kelly's sleepover tonight because of the mad man running around?" said dad putting the paper in his briefcase and closing it.
"But come on I know your concerned about my safety but come on it is not like I'm not going to come back tomorrow morning and find police tape in front of the house and being told that your dead, come on please I'll go straight to Kelly's after school and come back early in the morning, I promise please" I said giving them the best puppy dog face I could give them.
"Oh come on Bob she's right and you know it's only happened to a few random families in the city who says he's going to come and kill us we are not a well know family, come on honey let her be with her friends before they go away?" my mom placed her hand on my dad's and gave him a pleading look.
"All right Penny she can go, but with one exception be back home by 8am sharp and I mean it young lady" said my dad firmly pointing his finger at me.
"Yes, sir” giving my dad military salute.
"That's my girl, now I got to get off to work" he grabbed his briefcase gave my mom a kiss and turned on the spot and disappeared in an instant.
"You better hurry up to Jade sweetie the floo network for your school is only open for an hour and you only have a good 20 minutes before it is cut off, so you better hurry up" said my mom tapping her watch.
So I went to grab all my books from my room put them in my bag and took my wand out of my desk draw and went back downstairs and put it in the pocket of my jeans “Right mom I'm off ” I said giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and a hug.
“OK sweetie see you tomorrow morning when you get back and remember what you agreed with your father and I be back from Kelly's by 8am sharp, and be careful!” my mom shouted.
“Yes mom!” I shouted back as I grabbed the floo powder stood in the fire place in the living room and then shouted the name of my school "Dandelions School for Young Witches and Wizards!" and then my living room whooshed out of site and for all knowing that I lied to them it would be the last time I ever saw my parents alive again.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

frecklez on April 26, 2010, 12:28:08 PM

frecklez on
Comment Deleted

stargirl234 on April 27, 2010, 8:10:19 AM

stargirl234 on
stargirl234Oh My God that is so wierd that I named the chrater Jade and did not relise that Tom's girlfriend was called that until you told me! :)