Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Another Day

Slade comes back, and with a vengance. Robin gets hurt very bad, and both him and Starfire have found their love for eachother. Will Robin live, or will Starfire be left in anguish?

Chapter 1 - Another Day

Chapter 1 - Another Day


Chapter 1

Beep, Beep, Beep… Robin's alarm clock sounded. He got up with a groan, not bothering to put on his uniform. He walked into the living room to find the other 3 titans in a mad frenzy over a piece of pizza. He saw Starfire sitting on the couch looking primarily disgusted. “Again?” Robin asked tiredly.

“Again.” Starfire said with a scowl. All the sudden, Robin and Starfire and the other 3 titans heard a rumbling downtown.

“I'm gonna go get dressed.” Robin said grimly. While he was getting dressed, the rumbling grew closer to the tower.

“Robin? The rumbling is closer!” Starfire yelled down the hall. Thinking he was dressed already, she walked into his room. She heard movement in the bathroom and decided to go talk to Robin. When Starfire walked into the bathroom, she gasped in surprise. In all of the years that she had known him, Starfire had never seen him without his mask.

“Starfire?! Go…go… just go…” Robin yelled.

“But… oh but Robin…” Starfire went over to him and touched his face. He had the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen. “Why? Why must you cover your eyes? They… they're so beautiful…” They both stared into each other's eyes with a feeling for each other that they had never felt before. Robin put his hand on her cheek as they drew closer, and Starfire felt her eyes close as soft lips touched hers. As he pulled away from her, she opened her eyes. Starfire got a much closer look at Robin's perfect eyes for the first, and possibly last time. The two Titans smiled at each other passionately as the other three Titans yelled for them to hurry up. “Robin, I am very glad I have gotten to see your true face.” Starfire said very softly.



Chapter 2

The Teen Titans charged at a skinny girl who had S marks all over her body.

“I have a message for Robin, that is all,” The girl said with a cruel grin. “I didn't intend on hurting people to get through, but I sure didn't care if I had to.”

“Who are you?” Robin snarled. “And why are you delivering a message?”

“Me? Well, I am Chana. And the message is…” The girl paused. In an instant, the Titans saw a blinding flash erupt from the S on Chana's forehead. A tall man with an orange and black mask on appeared from the flash.

“NO!” Robin screamed in horror.

“Hello Robin. Long time it's been, hasn't it.” The man said coolly.

“How… how could you have survived…” Robin stammered.

“The message is actually for the other Titans. The message is… No more Robin.”

Robin looked up at the man, surprised by his statement. The man, Slade, pulled his hand up as razors stuck up from the joints. Starfire looked up at Slade in horror as Slade threw his hand as hard as he could at Robin.

“ROBIN!!!” Starfire screamed. The masked boy fell to the ground in a heap of blood and ripped clothing. The alien girl flew over to him in anguish, trying to keep him from dying. “Robin… my Robin…” Starfire whispered, feeling the tears fall from her emerald eyes.

“Star…I'm…I'm sorry…” Robin said faintly.

“No… you can't die… You can't… You are Robin…” Starfire sobbed. Realizing that she should bring him back to their home, the girl scooped him up and flew at lightning speed to the T shaped tower.



Chapter 3

“Will he live?” Starfire asked quietly, feeling the tears come once again. Robin, bloody and pain-stricken, seemed like he was dead, for he was barely moving.

“It's not looking really good… he has lost a lot of blood, and he might not get enough oxygen into his body if nothing improves,” Raven answered sadly. “I could close his wound, but I could not make up for the blood that he lost. He… he is probably not going to live Starfire. I'm sorry…” Raven seemed on the verge of tears as well.

“Please… there is not anything that anyone can do?” Starfire pleaded. Raven shook her head no. “I… I just want to be alone with him…” The alien girl sobbed. As Raven walked out of the room, the door closed with a soft swish. “Robin… my Robin…” Starfire felt the tears fall freely once again. “Why… why you? I can not lose you… my best friend…” Without her knowing it, the masked boy started to stir.

“Star…” Robin whispered faintly. The red-haired girl gasped in surprise at seeing her critically injured friend come alive.

“Robin? You are… alive!” When he tried to sit upright, he gasped in pain that he experienced from the injuries on his lower chest. As the girl helped him lay down again, she said softly, “Just rest, for you are in pain. I do not want to see you experience even more pain.” She hated to see him in pain. It caused her to have more pain than Robin already had.

“Starfire… what… what happened… are you ok? What about the others-“

“Slade… he hurt you very badly on your lower chest. We weren't sure if you… would die or not. And the other Titans are fine. Just fine.” The alien girl smiled at him, taking in the fact that her best friend was going to be okay.

“Could you… get me some water?” Robin asked, obviously very thirsty.

“Of course!” Starfire answered cheerfully. When she walked out of the room, she noticed the other Titans sitting uncomfortably on the couch. They looked at her like she had eight heads, wondering why on earth she was smiling at a time like this. “Robin is… thirsty!” She said happily.

“Starfire, how could Robin be thirsty if he is almost…dead?” Cyborg whispered.

“Because he is talking and asking how we beat Slade. He has asked me to bring him a glass of water. He cannot be “almost dead” if he is moving and speaking, now can he?” Starfire retorted playfully. After she stated that their leader would live, they started to act normal again, as if nothing had happened. As she walked back into his room, Robin kept his eyes on the alien girl as she handed him his glass of water.

“Thanks Star.” The boy gulped down the water within seconds of the glass touching his lips. “Sorry…guess I was kinda thirsty.” He said apologetically. “How long? I mean, how long did it take for me to wake up?”

“Just a couple of hours. What was it like? Did you feel the pain while you were unconscious?” Starfire asked.

“It seemed like a long time. I didn't really feel anything. All I remember is seeing you carry me to the tower, feeling Raven heal me, and then waking up. There wasn't much to it. It was pretty much just darkness.” Robin answered. The two Titans looked at each other for a moment before Starfire reached over to hug Robin in a tight embrace.



Chapter 4

Over the next couple of days, Robin's health improved noticeably. Soon, he was able to start to train again.

“Robin, do you want anymore tomato soup?” Starfire asked, bringing another bowl of the steaming liquid.

“Sure Star. I really like it I guess.” The alien girl smiled at the compliment for her cooking. As she set the bowl on Robin's lap tray, he thanked her with a smile. “Starfire, could you get me my bag over there?”

“Sure.” The girl answered. After she handed him his bag, he dug through it, looking for something. As he looked for it, he told Starfire to sit down for a moment.

“Here it is.” When he found the item he was searching for, he pulled it out of the bag. It was a little black box that said Antonia's on the top of it. “Star, I want you to have this.” The girl gasped when she opened the box. It was a silver necklace that held a tiny star with an orange flame on it. A silver heart outlined the star and flame.

“Oh Robin… it's beautiful…” Starfire sighed in delight. “Thank you so very much!” The masked boy smiled at her passionately, thinking of just a few weeks ago, when Starfire saw him without his mask. Both of them leaned in for a deep kiss, feeling that same love for each other they had felt that day that Robin got hurt.

“Star… I love you… I love you so much…” He whispered. He saw her almond-shaped eyes fill with tears.

“Robin… my Robin… I love you too…” They both leaned in closer to kiss once more, but this time, they were both sure of the love they were feeling. When Robin awoke the next morning, he saw a sleeping Starfire holding his hand lightly. As he stared at her face with its perfect features, he saw her emerald eyes open slowly, taking in the light of day. “Good morning, Robin.”

It was another day.




Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

little_romy_fan on April 13, 2006, 6:06:39 AM

little_romy_fan on
little_romy_fanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!

CrystalZoa on April 7, 2006, 10:42:24 AM

CrystalZoa on
CrystalZoaIt was o.K. I liked it but I'm gong to say this. t was kindda Crappy. sad, but crappy.

Phoenix_of_the_Illuminati on December 22, 2005, 3:11:59 AM

Phoenix_of_the_Illuminati on
Phoenix_of_the_IlluminatiIt's a great concept. Nicely done.

TeenAvaGo_1 on November 15, 2005, 3:57:39 AM

TeenAvaGo_1 on
TeenAvaGo_1That story is so awesome! PLease make many more!

i'm a Robin fan so I naturally enjoyed it!

Desuca on July 5, 2005, 1:12:14 PM

Desuca on
DesucaLiked it I...I....loved it*cries*it was so beautiful...because....because robin...and...star...just...beautiful!

terraforever920 on March 22, 2005, 1:51:35 AM

terraforever920 on
terraforever920I am very glad you liked it. I have another story, but I don't think I did a very good job on the other one. This one took me a while to write though, cuz I had to feel inspired to write it. I am very pleased that you like it though! :)

StarXRobin4ever12 on March 20, 2005, 8:09:34 AM

StarXRobin4ever12 on
StarXRobin4ever12*sniff sniff*It was sooo beautiful *sniff**sniff trying to hold in the tears..oh what the heck wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!* it was truly nice

StarXRobin4ever12 on March 20, 2005, 8:09:31 AM

StarXRobin4ever12 on
StarXRobin4ever12*sniff sniff*It was sooo beautiful *sniff**sniff trying to hold in the tears..oh what the heck wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!* it was truly nice