Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Roadblock

Little bits and pieces that I could continue on. Critique, please, and recommend which one would best work for a story line.

Chapter 5 - The Roadblock

Chapter 5 - The Roadblock


I never understood what the language barrier really meant to us. Different language, different beliefs. I know his family wanted to kill me, and mine his, but it was...strange.

We were three houses away from each other. Between the three spread the fence. As high as the second story of the flat complex, and twice as menacing, the barrier spread sixty miles, between the middle of town and beyond. And with the physical barrier that seperated us come the mental one.

The mental roadblock that I don't think my people nor his people would ever get across.

Each night, I'd pull myself away from the family, saying I had to go do homework, and would sneak up the stairs, up all three horrendously steep flights of stairs, tip-toe to the roof door, and slowly open it, entering the world of darkness and, three houses away, the world of hate.

He'd be up there to, prowling to and fro like a pissed off cat or something. We never brought guns up there to shoot each other with...just our glares. I, quite frankly, was amazed we had never killed each other with just the looks. My mother said I had the habit of being able to crack stones.

So I'd sit there. And he'd prowl, and we'd stare at each other with this hate I don't think either of us could define.

And that's how it went, for six, seven months.

But then finally, one of us spoke.

And changed everything.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Orlando_Hamar on June 29, 2006, 3:33:39 AM

Orlando_Hamar on
Orlando_HamarThis is a good one. No problems at all. Not my type of thing, but good all the same.

Reminds me of Romeo and Juliette...