Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chronological Testing

Little bits and pieces that I could continue on. Critique, please, and recommend which one would best work for a story line.

Chapter 6 - Chronological Testing

Chapter 6 - Chronological Testing


"Mr. Bensworth," the congressman asked, staring severely over his glasses at the old man in front of him, "Are you telling me that the CIA did not release Nazi war criminals?"

Bensworth said nothing, instead sitting down in his chair and sitting straight ahead. The congressman continued.

"For years the FBI and Interpol tried without luck to catch those who commited horrendous acts upon society during WWII, and it is just now that I find out the CIA helped them escape? Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people?"

Bensworth continued to say nothing. The congressman leaned back in his chair and stared over the bridge of his nose at Bensworth angrily.

"You're lucky I'm not bringing this to the entire council, Bensworth."

Silence, then, slowly, Bensworth cleared his throat.

"You won't say anything, Congressman, because it's your daughter's life that's on the line," He said, grinning triumphantly.

The man froze entirely, gaze deadly.

"I beg your pardon?"

Bensworth's grin became wider; more a macabre grimace than anything else. He reached into a side pocket and came out with a hypodermic. Holding it up to the dim light of the office, he gently released the plunger, and a tiny droplet fell out. He then glanced over at the Congressman.

"Danica isn't going to live much longer, Bill," he crooned softly. "We're going to start testing soon, maybe even sooner, if you even speak a word of this."

Bensworth idly stood up and walked forward. Bill tensed in his seat, but instead of attacking, Bensworth merely reached forward and sat the needle on the desk with a quiet thud. He grinned at Bill.

"Goodbye, Congressman."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Orlando_Hamar on June 29, 2006, 3:40:24 AM

Orlando_Hamar on
Orlando_HamarThis is pretty good...
Not much to say except some of the dialogue is slightly off. And needs rewording, but that's about it.
Oh, and people stare down the bridges of their noses - not over them.