Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Forgive me, Father...

Little bits and pieces that I could continue on. Critique, please, and recommend which one would best work for a story line.

Chapter 9 - Forgive me, Father...

Chapter 9 - Forgive me, Father...


"The choir...they sing beautifully, don't they?"

Frank glanced over at the woman sitting next to him in the pews. He gave a slight smile, hands still clasped in prayer.

"Yes," he said quietly. "Yes, they do."

The woman, such an interesting face, gave him a happy smile before turning her gaze back to the choir, their soft voices drifting through the cathedral as they practiced solemnly.

"I used to be in choir," she said dreamily. Now Frank knew that she was no longer paying attention to prayer, "But I quite after...well, after many things. But I still love choir," she said softly. "They sing so well. Makes all my troubles go away."

Frank gave a patient smile to the woman before glancing around him. The guilt gnawed at him like a pirahna to a cow carcass. He needed to confess. He wanted to confess.

He quickly unfolded himself from prayer and stood up quickly, giving the woman another curteous grin. "Excuse me for a moment," he said quietly. The woman nodded absent-mindedly before turning her attention back to the front.

Weaving his way through the rows of benches and people, heads bowed in prayer, Frank finally reached the aisle and walked rapidly to one of the booths. It was open. Checking once, twice, three times, Frank stepped forward and moved the curtain aside, stepping in and sitting down. He was surprised to find himself sweating. Was it from fear?

There was a long silent. Then, on the other side of the booth, the screen shifted and the blurred and distorted face of the father appeared.

Frank bowed his head.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."

More silence. God, the tension was killing him. The Father cleared his throat quietly, then spoke.

"What is it, my child?"

Frank opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, trying to grasp the words he was searching for. When they finally came to him, he uttered them almost inaudibly.

"I have murdered, father." Frank said. He felt his body shudder in revulsion at what he uttered next, "I have killed my own child...."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment