Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Ichi

The Digital World is endangered yet again. Five of the original six warriors return, with a new human warrior and two new Digimon friends. But can they stand up to seven Demon Lords acting as servants to a great evil? Takumi from ch 2, OCxKouichi

Chapter 1 - Ichi

Chapter 1 - Ichi
Hey everyone, this is my first Digimon fanfic. Prepare for 3 OCs, only one of which is human, JP being left out, a reformed Lucemon, a new form of spirit evolution, and the best part… lots of KOUICHI! Enjoy!

___________________________________

Deep within the core of the Digital World, there was a pulse of light blue energy. All three Celestial Digimon sensed the sudden flare, as did a fourth Digimon, one slumbering deep beneath the sea. For the first time in eons, as the Celestial Digimon raced to gather their heroes to prevent the disaster it might bring, Leviamon opened his eyes.

------Meanwhile, in the human world------

“When will everyone else get here? I’m bored,” Koji complained. He was laying on his back on a bench, one arm dangling carelessly over the edge and the other folded across his chest. Kouichi frowned.

“Koji, how can you be bored? It’s a lovely day, the sun is shining, and you’re with your brother waiting for your best friends. I know I’m not bored,” then older twin said, leaning against a tree next to Koji’s bench. A girl with curly brown hair wearing a blue turtleneck and white pants stood next to him, a small dry-erase board clutched in her hands and glasses perched on her nose.

“That’s because you’re a weirdo, brother,” Koji said, yawning to exaggerate his point. The girl watched the twins for a minute, then looked around. They were waiting at the edge of a park for Kouichi and Koji’s friends to arrive. She tugged on Kouichi’s sleeve and pointed.

“Kagami, what- Oh! Hi, Takuya and Zoe, what’s up?” Kouichi said, noticing the two running over.

“Hey there, Kouichi! What’s the big news you wanted to share with all of us?” Takuya asked. Zoe looked at Kagami and blinked.

“And who’s your friend there?” the blond asked, tilting her head. Kagami turned her head to look at Kouichi.

“Well,” Kouichi said, smiling, “this is my friend Kagami. She can’t speak, but she’s a really nice person. I wanted to introduce her to everyone.” While he was speaking, Kagami had written on the dry-erase board she held. She held it up for Takuya and Zoe to read, with “It’s nice to meet you” written down.

“Nice to meet you too, Kagami, I’m Zoe and this is Takuya,” Zoe said. Takuya opened his mouth to speak and was tackleglomped in the side by a white-and-orange blur.

“Glad to see you could make it, Tommy,” Kouichi said while he elbowed Koji, who had fallen asleep. Koji sat up with a yawn.

“5 more minutes, ‘Ichi,” Koji mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He looked up and noticed his friends had gathered, with JP running over with a chocolate bar in hand. “Oh, sorry. I fell asleep waiting for everyone since Kouichi insisted on being an hour early.” Everyone except Kagami and Koji stared at Kouichi.

“What? I love being early,” the older twin said, confused by the awkward stares he was receiving.

“Well, enough of that, tell Tommy and JP why you dragged everyone out here,” Koji said. The younger twin stood up and stretched, still a bit sleepy.

“Right! Well, Tommy, JP, this is my friend Kagami. She’s really nice, although she can’t speak,” Kouichi said, setting his hand on the curly-haired girl’s shoulder. She smiled and held up her dry-erase board, which still read “It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Kagami, especially if you’re Kouichi’s friend,” Tommy said with a smile.

“Ring ring!” “BEEP” “Rrriiiing~” “Beep beep beep.” “I’m a Barbie girl-“

Takuya, JP, Zoe, Tommy, and Koji answered their cell phones all at the same time, Koji blushing intensely and glaring at Kouichi and Kagami, who looked away innocently.

“Takuya, Koji, Zoe, Tommy, and JP… it has been a while, almost a year now,” came the voice from the other end of all 5 phones.

“Ophanimon?” Takuya and Koji yelled, while Zoe, Tommy, and JP were too startled to speak.

“Yes… that is right. Unfortunately, this call is not a casual greeting. There is trouble stirring in our world once more, and we need you all to return. Kouichi and the girl beside him must come along as well. Hurry to the train station, you know where to go,” Ophanimon said. Then there was static. The five phones were closed at once.

“Kouichi, there’s trouble. Ophanimon wants your friend to come,” Koji said. The group took off running, with JP and Takuya lagging just behind. Kagami gave Kouichi a puzzled look.

“Well, about a year ago, children all over the city were called to a different world that was threatened by evil. All 6 of us were chosen to fight against this evil. And we won, then we came back here. That world is full of creatures called Digimon. Ophanimon is a Digimon who is one of the three who rule that world… the Digital World, and she is the one who called us there the first time,” Kouichi explained as the entire group ran down the streets. Kagami cleared her dry-erase board and quickly scribbled “Seriously? That’s awesome!” Kouichi smiled.

-----skip remainder of running until they reach elevator in train station-----

“I think we lost JP somewhere along the way,” Tommy said, catching everyone’s attention.

“Aw, Tommy, why did nobody notice until we were already in the elevator?” Takuya said with a sigh. “Guess we can’t go back for him… maybe he’ll catch up to us.” The 6 remaining kids took the opportunity to stop and rest for a minute. The elevator stopped a minute later, and everyone got out. A blue train was waiting, which everyone got on. It started to move immediately, and Tommy and Kagami went to the windows at once. The train accelerated through tunnels before moving out onto a track suspended in open air. It ran on past the fiery village of rocks and ovenlike buildings, the surrounding forest, and still on, until at last it slowed and stopped in a forested area covered in a light mist.

“I remember this place, it’s the Forest Terminal!” Tommy said. He immediately got off the train, and the others followed.

“So cool…” an unfamiliar voice whispered. There was a moment of silence.

“Wha- whoa! I can talk? This is awesome!” The source of the voice was Kagami, no longer mute.

“That’s great, Kagami!” Kouichi said, smiling almost as much as Kagami. “I’m so happy for you, it must feel great to speak after being mute for most of your life.”

“Yeah, great. Can we go to Seraphimon’s castle now?” Koji said, showing his impatience through folded arms and a glare at his twin.

“Koji, don’t be so impatient. You’d be happy too if you were Kagami,” Zoe said, whacking Koji in the back of the head.

“Ow.”

“Hey! There they are!” another voice interrupted. The mist cleared, revealing ten small Digimon standing in a circle around the kids. The train was gone.

“Who are you guys?” Takuya asked. A little orange dino stepped forward.

“We’re the guardians of the Spirits of the Legendary Warriors. We’ve been protecting the spirits for you all this entire time. Call me Agumon, guardian of Fire,” he said, bowing (which looked quite odd.)

“And I’m Gabumon, guardian of Light,” a yellow dog-lizard with a blue-and-white back said.

“Biyomon, guardian of Wind,” a pink bird chirped.

“Gomamon, guardian of Ice,” a white seal said.

“Impmon of Darkness here,” a purple devil-like Digimon said.

“Betamon, guardian of Water,” a green fishlike Digimon said.

“Tentomon of Thunder,” a red insect Digimon said.

“Kotemon, Steel,” a strange Digimon that looked like living kendo armor said.

“Gotsumon of Earth, and no, Koji, not THAT Gotsumon,” a rock Digimon said. Koji looked disappointed.

“Ari. Just Ari, and I’m the protector of the Wood spirits,” finished a green scarecrow-like Digimon with thickly veined arms and a purple flower covering the whole top of his head. “Except I can actually use them…”

“Aruraumon, you’re just trying to brag,” Tentomon said. Ari ignored him. “Anyways, we are to return the Spirits to the Legendary Warriors.”

“Um, Kouichi, you never mentioned spirits or legendary warriors,” Kagami said.

“Oh, man, I can’t believe I left that out,” the older twin muttered. “Kagami, the Spirits are forms of ancient Digimon who once saved the world. Using the power of the Spirits, we can turn into Digimon.” Kagami nodded, understanding.

“…OH YEAH! I have my D-Tector back!” Takuya said, pulling it out of his pocket. The others searched their pockets, each producing a D-Tector, Kagami pulling out a blue and teal D-Tector.

“This is cool,” Kagami said, looking it over.

“Hey, Kagami, now you’re officially one of the group! High-five!” Zoe said, offering the curly-haired girl her hand. Kagami completed the high-five.

“I hate to interrupt, but the Warriors should take the Spirits back. Light and Fire boys, you should take the unclaimed spirits,” Agumon said. He stepped back, leaving both Spirits of Flame. Takuya held up his D-Tector, and both Spirits were absorbed into it. Tommy took the Ice spirits back from Gomamon, Koji and Kouichi took their spirits back from Gabumon and Impmon, and Zoe took the Wind spirits back from Biyomon. Betamon, Kotemon, Tentomon, Gotsumon, and Ari looked at each other.

“Which Spirits should we give to the other girl?” Tentomon asked. There was an awkward pause.

“Um, Water might work, since Ranamon is definitely girlier than any of the other options,” Kouichi offered.

“The Beast Spirit of Water has been modified by the will of the Warrior of Water since you were last here, so you know,” Betamon said. “But we shall see if Water suits her.” Betamon hopped back, leaving the unchanged Human Spirit of Water and the Beast Spirit, which instead of a squid resembled a black piece of chest armor with red fins sticking out behind it and a black dragon head armor piece. Kagami cautiously stepped forward and poked the Human Spirit. Her D-Tector beeped, and she held it up. Both Spirits were absorbed.

“Cool… that second one looks like a dragon!” Kagami said, looking at the Water symbol that appeared on her D-Tector.

“Fire, Light, take the other Spirits with you,” Tentomon said. He, Kotemon, and Gotsumon gave their spirits up to Koji and Takuya. Ari hesitated.

“Hey… if I can evolve with the spirits of Wood, why should I give them up? Shouldn’t I come with you instead as an extra team member?” the Aruraumon asked.

“You’re just trying to impede the Legendary Warriors, Aruraumon,” Agumon growled.

“I am not! I’m actually using my mind! The more Warriors there are fighting as one, the stronger they are, right?” Ari countered.

“I like Ari’s idea, actually. Teamwork is invaluable,” Takuya said. “Ari, if you want to come along with us, go right ahead!” The other nine Guardians glared at the purple plant and silently stalked off.

“Well, not like they ever liked me in the first place,” Ari said, folding his arms.

“Um… anyways, let’s get going,” Kouichi said. The group started to walk to the passage they knew led to Seraphimon’s castle, with Ari walking to the back of the group. Kagami fell back to walk beside the plant Digimon.

“Hey, uh, I’m Kagami,” she said to him.

“Ari. Are you new to the group?” Ari said, looking up at her.

“Yeah. I know Koji, he’s the one with the bandanna, and his twin Kouichi, but I just met the others today. I figured since you’re new to the group too, I might as well get to know you a bit better,” the former mute said.

“That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me. Thanks, Kagami,” Ari said with a slight smile. “I’ve never really had friends. The other Guardians all hated me because I wasn’t a normal Digimon that evolves into a normal Champion like a Palmon, which is basically a pink version of what I am, and I was chosen to be able to use the Spirits I guarded while they just kinda held onto them. You think maybe I could call you my friend?”

“Definitely, Ari! In the world I just left, I was unable to speak. I haven’t been able to talk ever since I was 5 and got a really bad infection in my throat. I didn’t make any friends because everyone thought I was just weirdly quiet. They didn’t know that I couldn’t talk, they thought I just didn’t talk. Kouichi was my first real friend, and I’d love to have another friend, even if you are a living plant,” Kagami said. Ari snickered at the ‘living plant’ comment. But before he could say anything else, the group stepped out onto a platform. Before them lay a shimmering rainbow palace.

“Whoa! That… is where we’re going?!” Kagami yelled.

___________________________________

5 page long chapter =/ Ah well. Kouichi feat accomplished, 2 of the 3 OCs introduced… what do you guys think of Kagami and Ari? And don’t worry, this fic will NOT be Kagami-centric. It will be Kouichi-centric. Kagami is just a replacement for JP, who I dislike. I’ll add a few bonus character profiles at the end of future chapters, so stay tuned!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment