Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Yon

The Digital World is endangered yet again. Five of the original six warriors return, with a new human warrior and two new Digimon friends. But can they stand up to seven Demon Lords acting as servants to a great evil? Takumi from ch 2, OCxKouichi

Chapter 4 - Yon

Chapter 4 - Yon
There will be a major plot twist within the first three paragraphs of this chapter.

Warning you now.

________________________

Kagami was awakened by someone shaking her. She opened her eyes with a yawn to see a blurry Kouichi standing over her, a blurrier Kyle beside him. The curly-haired girl grabbed her glasses and put them on, then looked up to see worried expressions on both of their faces.

“Hm? What’s wrong?” Kagami asked.

“An evil Digimon broke in and kidnapped Koji. Nobody saw it well enough to figure out what it was, but it knocked everyone else out cold. I was hiding, and you were asleep, and Kyle hid too. Come on, Kagami, we have to go after it!” Kouichi said. Without waiting for Kagami to answer, he pulled out his D-Tector. “Execute, Beast Spirit Evolution! JagerLoewemon!” Kouichi was surrounded in code, which vanished to reveal a black-and-gold lion. “Your first lesson in the Digital World is now. Come on, I’ll explain what to do on the way outside!” He took off running, with a surprised Kagami and a not-surprised Kyle running after him.

“You just turned into a lion,” Kagami said, her eye twitching.

“Yes, and you can turn into a Digimon too. In fact, you’ll have to. Get your D-Tector out, that’s the thing I used to turn into JagerLoewemon,” Kouichi said. Kagami pulled the little device out of her pocket.

“This thing?” she asked, holing it up.

“Yeah, that. The button on the left turns you into your Human Spirit, Ranamon in your case, and the one on the right turns you into your Beast Spirit, which would have been a freaky squid but I’m not sure what it is now. The Human Spirit is easier to control, but the Beast Spirit is stronger. I’d advise starting with the Human Spirit,” Kouichi said. They reached the door and ran outside. A trail of scorched footprints marked the path of Koji’s kidnapper.

“But are you sure? We might need the extra power, and I’m sure I can handle it,” Kagami said. Kouichi sighed.

“Fine, go ahead and try out your Beast Spirit. But make it quick, we need to catch up,” the lion said.

“Yay! Alright, here goes… Execute… Beast Spirit Evolution…” Kagami’s body was surrounded by code. When it faded, she had been replaced by a serpentlike Digimon with golden dragon-head armor on her head, tail, arms, and on the winglike fins on her back. A red gem shone on her teal-and-blue chest armor, and purple scales ran down the front of her light blue, teal-streaked serpent body. “Hydramon!” Kouichi took off running, and she quickly caught up, with Kyle flying after them. It seemed like she had perfect control, until Kouichi noticed something…

“Kagami, are you chewing on your tail?” Kouichi asked.

“Uh… no?” she said before continuing to chew on the lavender fin on the tip of her tail. Kouichi sighed again. Before too long, they caught up to a red lizardlike Digimon with a fiery red body. Its tail was wrapped around Koji, who hung limp in the Digimon’s grasp.

“What do you think you’re doing with my brother?”Kouichi growled, stepping forward.

“That’s a Salamandermon, a fiery amphibian Digimon,” Kyle interrupted.

“I’m only following the orders given by my master, Plesiomon, who in turn serves Leviamon,” Salamandermon said. “I am to deliver the boy to master Plesiomon so that the Spirits he owns may be taken for our purpose.”

“Over my dead body! Ebony Blast!” Kouichi fired bullets of darkness at the salamander, who held up the unconscious Koji as a shield. A few of the bullets hit Salamandermon, but several pelted Koji, who twitched in pain. Salamandermon hissed and set Koji down on the ground behind him before spitting fireballs at Kouichi and Kagami.

“Aah! Geyser Jet!” Kagami cried. She shot three jets of water at the Salamandermon, two evaporating the fireballs and a third striking the fire amphibian. “Alright! Now, Whirlpool Strike!” She swished her tail to one side, and water struck Salamandermon from the side. She swished her tail the other way, and the fiery Digimon was hit by another wave. One more swish, and a third wave knocked the Digimon on its back. A ring of blue code appeared around it.

“Great job, Kagami!” Kouichi said, starting to move past it to Koji.

“Thanks,” she said. “Slide Evolution… Ranamon!” She was surrounded in code again, which faded to reveal Ranamon. She whipped out her D-Tector somehow and scanned the Salamandermon’s data. It vanished, and a white egg flew away. Before Kouichi could reach his twin, he was knocked back by an eerie sound wave.

“What was that?!” the lion said, startled. A gold Digimon resembling the Loch Ness Monster flew down from the sky, which made no sense to Kagami or Kouichi.

“That’s Plesiomon, a mysterious ocean Digimon,” Kyle said. The Plesiomon tossed Koji up in the air and blasted him with a sound wave. He fell to the ground with a ring of code around his limp body.

“Leave Koji alone! Ebony-“ Kouichi started, before he and Kagami were hit with a sound wave that turned them both back into their human forms.

“What were you hoping to do against me? I will have this boy’s Spirits and Fractal Code for lord Leviamon, and if you interfere, I will take yours as well,” the gold dinosaur hissed. He took the spirits of Thunder and Steel immediately, and began to strip the ring of Fractal Code away. It loosened and was slowly absorbed, just a tiny bit at a time, by Plesiomon. Kouichi and Kagami both stood up, enraged.

“I’ve only had the chance to know my brother for a year, and I won’t let you take him away now,” Kouichi said.

“Koji may not be the nicest guy I know, but he’s still my friend, and I won’t let you hurt him,” Kagami said. The two raised their D-Tectors at the same time. A new symbol appeared on both D-Tectors, like a strand of DNA.

When the hearts of two Tamers beat as one and their purpose is the same, their Digimon partners become one. When the same happens to the inheritors of the spirits of the Legendary Warriors…

“Execute! DNA Beast Evolution!” two voices said as one. One sphere of code enveloped both Kagami and Kouichi, and it faded to reveal not two Digimon… but one. “MarineLowemon!” The Digimon’s navy, gold-marked body was shaped like JagerLoewemon, but two silver poles on its back connected to fins like Hydramon’s, it had Hydramon’s dragon-head armor on its shoulders and the tip of its dark teal tail, and the top of its head was gold with a red gem on its forehead. It had red gems on each front leg, and its mane was dark teal. The newly formed MarineLowemon immediately leapt at Plesiomon with a cry of “Blackwater Strike!” and a blast of water infused with darkness. Plesiomon was forced back, cutting off its absorption of Koji’s data, and it winced.

“Hmm, with that kind of power, I will have to leave with what I already have. I can’t risk losing the spirits of Steel and Thunder that I’ve already gathered,” Plesiomon hissed. It rose into the air and flew away.

“That makes no sense,” MarineLowemon said. The hybrid lion went back to Koji. The remainder of his Fractal Code went back into his body, leaving Koji looking like he was a year younger than Tommy, the maturity of the extra three years gone with the stolen data. MarineLowemon nudged the unconscious younger twin. “Koji, wake up…” Koji started to stir. He sat up, holding a hand to his head.

“Oww… what happened?” Koji muttered. He looked at his D-Tector, realizing that only his Spirits of Light remained, then at MarineLowemon and Kyle. “What’s going on? Why does my head hurt? …Kouichi, is that you?”

“Sort of. Somehow, we’re both Kouichi and Kagami. We don’t really know why it happened, or how we can separate,” MarineLowemon said. “And even worse, Plesiomon got away with all the Spirits you had except the Light spirits and a big chunk of your Fractal Code. You look like you’re in third grade instead of sixth…”

“What… this is awful! I couldn’t even do anything!” Koji said. He started to cry, something that neither Kagami nor Kouichi had ever seen.

“Koji, calm down! Come on, let’s go back… climb on, we’ll carry you,” the hybrid lion said. Koji sniffled, but obeyed. MarineLowemon ran back to Seraphimon’s castle, Koji clinging to the lion’s back with his arms around the Digimon’s neck. Kyle flew after them. Right before they could knock on the door, it swung open to reveal the rest of the gang and all three Celestial Digimon.

“Whoa, what happened?” Takuya asked.

“Koji, you look smaller than me…” Tommy said.

“Where are Kagami and Kouichi? What Digimon is that?” Zoe asked.

“We ARE Kagami and Kouichi! Somehow we fused into MarineLowemon, and we have no idea how to turn back,” MarineLowemon said. Koji slid off of the lion’s back.

“They stole the spirits of Thunder and Steel and a bunch of my Fractal Code,” Koji said. He sniffled. “I couldn’t do anything, and now I’m a little kid… I feel useless…”

“Koji, MarineLowemon, Kyle, please come in and tell us the whole story,” Cherubimon said. The lion, angel, and younger twin were glad to oblige, coming inside.

_____________________

That chapter was fun to write, introducing two new Digimon!

Explaining Kouichi and Kagami’s inability to separate at will, neither of them have experienced anything like this before. With how connected they were at the moment they merged, it will be difficult to separate them. This will happen with every single DNA Beast Evolution. With the human spirits, the initial problem was being weak and tired after the first few evolutions. With the beast spirits, the issue was control. So I decided to present an issue with this… “How the heck do we become two people again?”

Hydramon- http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-754377.html

MarineLowemon- http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-754460.html

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment