Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - for the last time

Dib's living a nightmare and one filled with sorrow and regret.Is there anything he can do to change the past or will he learn some things are beter left alone.Perhaps there is a way for him to find peace....

Chapter 2 - for the last time

Chapter 2 - for the last time

--------ch.2

Zims eyes were closed tightly in pain his hands pressed against his wound. dark purple boold was coming from the area where a human heart would normally be found.Dib looked in horror and surprize at zim, he had know idea the laser would have hit so hard. He had fired at zim from behind 'had it gone right through'.

Zim looked up at dib first with a hurt expression like it had all been a game and dib had broken the rules. It didn't take long for zim to find himself again, replacing the sad and betrayed look on his face with anger.Dib didn't know what to do he got down on his knees beside zim

"zim I...." dib begain "i didn't mean to.."
"spare me your excuses... stink beast" zim said his voice cracking at the end
"here let me..." dib began reaching his hand towards zims wound only to have it smacked away
"dont you dare...touch me" zim spat at him
"i'm just trying to help" dib said reaching towards zim again
"i don't need your help" zim said trying to scoot himself away from dib "this is all your fault"

zim seemed to lose all stength trying to move away from dib and fell back down on his back breathing heavily.Zim was exhausted and weak and with each passing secound it continued to get worse his strength completely leaving him.

it started raining....thundering and lightening....but dib just stood there as if frozen in time. "i'm so sorry" he said warily tears begining to wail up in his eyes"i'm so sorry"

"no" dib said quietly to himself while scooting over towards zim again "this wasn't suppose to happen"
zim looked up at dib, his eyes half open.Dib could tell zim was losing strength fast but there was nothing he could do even if he were to cover the wound now it would be to late.


zim stared at dib for what seemed like an eternity. Dib seemed to be in a panic he was scared and .......sad. Zim couldn't quiet grasp why 'isn't this what that dib-human wanted'.

"I don't ....inderstand" zim managed to say his voice small and weak
dib looked down at zim's confusion "your my friend zim" dib said almost without realizing it

'you were my friend zim' dib thought to himself 'my only friend...and i didn't even know' tears now running down his face the warmth of them making the coldness of the outside even more noticable though for the moment Dib seemed not to notice

'friend' zim thought ...had he heard dib right or was his mind begining to go along with his strength.Zim seemed to block out everything but this thought until he felt more pressure on his wound.Zim looked down where dib now had his hands placed over it.Zim then looked to Dib his vision slightly blurry but he could make out that dib....his worst enemy...was crying.

"we have to stop the bleeding" dib said his voice a little shakey as was the rest of his body

Zim understood now....he was dieing and dib was trying to save him...part of him didn't know why...but his mind was begining to get cloudy and at the time that didn't matter.It was no use zim knew he was going to die now and there was nothing he or Dib could do about it.Dib closed his eyes trying to hold back tears then he felt zims hand grab his wrist. Dib looked down at Zim for this somewhat confused him, Zim was niether pulling his hand away or holding it in place.

Zim felt numb his mind was beging to go now too and he knew he didn't have much time left.He couldn't seem to remember his mission or that he was letting his leaders down those thoughts had faded but this moment still remained.

"zim....." dib question noticing zims grip getting weaker and his eyes begining to close.Zim had heard him though and gave dib a small smile

"looks like you win Dib" zim said his eyes falling shut and his hand releasing dibs wrist and falling to the ground. It was over and Zim was gone

Dib began to shake whether it was the rain that was pouring down or these memories that haunted him he suddenlly felt very cold.Ever since that day Dib had been plagued by guilt that he can't seem to overcome and that no one could understand.After zim died no one other than dib seemed to notice, everyone at school assumed he had moved away or just didn't care.

Dib was soaked he knew he really shouldn't be out in the rain but his health hadn't been something he concerned himself with lately.Dib looked to the house again for some reason he was compelled to walk into the yard and up to the door.he turned the knob and before he knew it he was in zims living room, the tv was on mute and no one was around.

Aside from the light sound of rain outside, the house was silent and this bothered Dib. No security alarms no 'intruder alert' all the houses defenses seemed to have been shut down.before Dib knew it he found himself searching for the intrance to zims lab and It didn't take long for him to find it.

All this time Dib had avoided ever going near the house it brought back to many memories even of the times Dib had gotten in. Some had been sucessful such as when he stole data from zims computer but other times it had only gotten him in trouble.He was going down in the base again but this time....for the last time.





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Sam400 on November 5, 2005, 1:13:09 AM

Sam400 on
Sam400O.o thats just sad, seriouly... KEEP WRITING! ^^