Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - the things you can not change

Dib's living a nightmare and one filled with sorrow and regret.Is there anything he can do to change the past or will he learn some things are beter left alone.Perhaps there is a way for him to find peace....

Chapter 5 - the things you can not change

Chapter 5 - the things you can not change
ch.5 the things you can't change
*since i'm kinda worried u might get the two dibs confused.....the dib who we've been following since the beging is in blue*

dib stepped back startled at this new information as his other self seem to become angry with the thought

"and they showed no mercy on zim for being irken" he yelled "to them he was no different than any other life
form they'd killed infact they even enjoyed seeing him suffer more"

"how do u know" dib asked catiously

"i was there" he said with a sigh "i had gotten into zims base that day and so witnessed the whole thing"

"why didn't u stop them " dib yelled

"i tried" the other dib answered "at first i was affraid at exposing myself but I could no longer watch them torture him like that"

"what about zim" dib asked "didn't he try to fight,try and get away"

"no" dib answered sadly "he was....he was devistated ....even after all the shocks and beatings he took off the tallests.... even after i managed to stop one of thier final assaults cutting my face in the process...he...he still"

dib watched as he was about to see himself cry, the other dib turned his face away from him momentairly revealing a light scar across his face from the incident.

"he still had nothing left" the other dib finshed having officially surpressed his tears for the moment "at the very momnet of learning the truth.. zim....zim truely wanted to die"

this time dib could see it tears they had formed and were now running down his face as he recalled more of that days events

"i tried to help him but it was no use he had sustained to much injury and had no desire to live" dib said "i begged him to hold on, that i could save him but at the moment he didn't understand"
there was a pause as he continued

"he told me that part of him had known all along but never wanted to accept it....that part of him ....believed that some how for once in his life someone had exspected something great of him" dib paused "he told me he was blind and stupid to have believed that and that he deserved to die here like this"

'no'dib thought to himself lost in his other self's memories as well

"i tried to tell him he was wrong" the other dib said his tears leaving him for a moment "but i wasn't sure he could even hear me anymore"

"he told me that...that he knew someday someone would get the beter of him but......"

"but what" dib asked looking up

"but he had hoped it would be me"
slowly the look of sadness on Dibs face about hearing this faded into angry "so you came back here to kill him" dib yelled

"I had to"

"a MERCY killing" dib yelled "how could you do that to HIM"

"BECAUSE" the other dib snapped back "he's my friend" this took dib by surprise momentarily leaving him speechless

the other dibs expression softened "i gave him what he wanted....what he deserved" he said "to die with honor"

"there had to be another way" dib said quickly "why couldn't you just save him"

"don't you get it dib" the other dib yelled "it wouldn't matter if i saved him if he had no desire to live"

"but..."

"but what dib" he continued "I knew that eventually the truth would destroy him and in worse ways than you can imagine"

"it's not fair" dib said feeling tears in his eyes

"this isn't my first intrusion into the past dib" the other dib said "believe me when i say that this is a last resort"

dib looked up "so you did try and save him"

"yes" the other didb said wearily "each attempt at saving him lead to worse results"

"like what" dib asked immediately regretting it

"he...he would force me into killing him ....or blow up his house killing himself...or..." the other dib quivered a bit living so many memories he had created....painfull ones

"please stop" dib asked softly "i don't want to hear anymore"

the other dib looked up at him "i didn't do this for myself dib" he said "this was for zim...it's ....it's better this way"

suddenly guilt entered Dib.... was he only doing this for himself....maybe he just didn't want to feel guilty anymore....was it never about zim.....had it all been for him

"then...." dib hesitated "then...there's nothing i can do"

"i couldn't save him" the other dib said downing his head "noone could"

"i think i understand" dib said "still ...i wish that....that."

"i know" the other dib interupted putting a hand on his sholder and giving him a weak smile "me too"

suddenly two seperate time portals opened up there beside the two"guess it's time for us go" the other dib said giving dib a weak smile "guess i'll see you in the future"

"take a good look" dib said his smile fading "i am your future"

the other dib entered his portal first leaving dib alone momentarily.he had lost zim again .....but this time he knew why....still there was a sadness around him that would forever linger though....now he had accepted it.

He sighed"i guess there are some things you just can't change" he let a tear fall down his face "goodbye zim"




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

InvdrDana on September 11, 2005, 5:48:54 AM

InvdrDana on
InvdrDanaNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I LOVE ZIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMM!!!! I don't like sad endings!!!!!!! NOW I'M SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! *cries furiously* It's excellent, but it's just too sad!!!!

Invader_Ali on July 19, 2005, 1:54:16 AM

Invader_Ali on
Invader_AliThat is so sad. I just finished reading te whole story. I liked it.