Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I'm fine?

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 1 - I'm fine?

Chapter 1 - I'm fine?
ch.1

Beastboy walked into the main room of titans tower and Glancing around it was clear that he was once again alone.The others were to busy doing thier own thing and he doubted they'd want to be interrupted especially to hear one of his lame jokes. Robin was exercising, Cyborg was working on the t-car, Raven was meditating and starfire was trying on various new clothes she had recently purchased at the mall.

The silence that had filled the room unnerved beastboy and every small noise made could be heard clearly through his sensitive ears. He sighed and walked to the fridge pulling out a carton of orange juice and pouring some into a glass.smiling slightly to himself he decided to sit comfortably on the couch and watch some TV.
After flipping through the channels for almost half an hour he began to drift into a half awake/half asleep state.his mind began to wander and at the moment he felt he would fall asleep a voice from the back of his mind whispered 'hatred'

jerking back to reality beastboy glanced around only to find himself still alone.suddenly a paranoid and almost fearfull feeling took hold of him and deciding rather quickly that he had just overheard the tv he got up and walked briskly out of the room.


"hay cy" Beastboy said cheerfully to cyborg who was waxing the t-car

"oh hi bb" Cyborg greeted not taking his eyes off his precious baby "whats up"

"nothing" Beastboy answered with a sigh. he then perked up a bit "you wanna play some video games"

"sorry B" Cyborg responded "i'll play later"

"oh" Beastboy said "do you need any help"

Cyborg glanced up at him "no thanks Beastboy" he said "i'll be done in an hour or two so.....why not see what Robins up to"

Beastboy bowed his head slightly and mumbled a faint 'whatever' to his friend.

Beastboy's attempt for companship failed with the others as well. Robin offered a sparing match but not wanting to get his butt kicked today he graciously declined. Star thought it would be most enjoyable if he modeled off some of her new dresses and with that he bolted from her room.He had yet to bother raven and seeing as how she had been slightly more annoyed by him lately he decided it was best to back off for once.

it was quiet as he walked down the halls and the feeling of dread filled him again. as a chill ran up his spine he heard a faint voice whisper
'turn back'

Beastboy jerked around quickly "who's there" he said accusingly though panic was apparent in his voice. again there was no one but the fear remained

"get a hold of yourself Beastboy" he said nerviously to himself mustering an uncertain grin "theres absoluotly nothing to be affraid of"

with that said a rumbling accurred underneath him causing him to fall to his knees, darkness surrounded him and even with his keen eyes he could not see. terror rose within him as he stood up

"o-okay g.guys jokes o..over" Beastboy studdered hoping that somehow his friends were playng some kind of trick on him.suddenly a faint noise could be heard....Beastboy strained at first to hear but soon the noise grew louder.It was the sound of rushing water.....the sound of rapids.....

Beastboys eyes grew wide "STOP IT" he yelled but his only response was the sound of the water growing louder and louder.
beastboy covered his ear with his hands and fell to his knees screaming "STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT...AAAHHHH"
and in one swift motion the drakness left....and he found himself alone once again in the hall.

he panted heavily and wrapped his arms around himself hoping that the fear would subside but in only a few short moments could he hear the sounds of footsteps running in his direction. He closed his eyes tightily wanting more than anything to move but being unable to convince his body to do so.

after a few moments in this positon Beastboy heard robin call out "Beastboy are you alright"
slowly he opened his eyes and looked up at three very concerned titans. before Beastboy could utter one word the last titan appeared in a mask of glowing black energy
"whats going on" she asked quickly at first not taking notice of beastboys position
"i am unsure friend Raven" Star replied worriedly "but i fear something has happen to friend Beastboy"
"dude whats wrong" Cyborg asked

"I...I..." he glanced at his friends again noting the concerned looks on thier faces though Raven seemed slightly annoyed

"i'm f-fine"

"are you sure" Robin asked "i could hear you scream from all the way down stairs"

"uh...yeah" Beastboy answered getting to his feet "i...I just...uh...saw a bug...and...tripped". he shrugged 'embarassed like' and added in a nervious laugh as his friends exchanged uncertain glances

"so then you are unharmed" Star asked
"totally" Beastboy replied

"dude don't scare me like that" Cyborg said "the way you were screming i'd have thought something horrible had happened"

Beastboy rubbed the back of his head and let out a small nervious laugh "uh...yeah, guess i over reacted"

"next time you interupt me like that" Raven replied "it beter be because your life is in endanger or else it will be" and with that she placed the hood over her head and began to walk away.

after everyone had returned to thier ruotines Beastboy quickly made his way to his room and locked the door behind him.he tried to rationalize what had just happen but found no other explanation except that he was losing his mind. He didn't want to let the other titan know, fearing they would worry about him or even think he was nuts.

'okay Beastboy calm down' he thought to himself 'all you need is some rest and you'll be good as new in the morning'


tomorrow morning 11:13

"has anyone seen friend Beastboy" Star asked "he has yet to partake in the eating of tofu"

"he's probably still in bed Star" Cyborg replied from his spot on the couch playing video games "you know he usually sleeps in"

"yes but after his fall he did the sleeping quiet earlier than normal" Star commented

"lets try and enjoy the silence while it lasts" Raven said sipping her herbal tea

"i'm sure he's fine" Robin added from reading the newspaper

"yes i am sure you are correct robin" Starfire agreed happily

Raven felt a strange feeling come over her which distracted her from the tea. being an empath wasn't always easy but Raven had managed to keep controll of it and respect her teamates privacy. Only when an emotion was very strong or consistant did it break through her control and at the moment raven could since the emotional distress radiating around her.

"what is the matter friend raven" Starfire asked taking notice to Ravens distracted gaze
"i'm not sure Starfire" Raven replied "i..."

before she could finish a loud scream echoed throught the tower....it was Beastboy and everyone jumped to attention.
"TITANS GO"



After trying to open Beastboys door and finding it uncharacteristicly locked Raven transported into his room as cyborg burst down the door. When the titans jumped in.... their eyes fell upon their friend who was lying in his bed jerking almost spasmaticly. A pained and fearful look played across his face, his eyes tightly clentched closed and screaming.

Raven was the first of the titans to react as she quickly made her way over to him and tried to shake him awake
"Beastboy wake up" she said loudly her voice was stern but the slightest hint of concern etched its way in. Beastboy jerked in her grasp and yelled again

"let me go" he screamed "stop it....leave me alone....aaahhhh"
Getting aggrivated by his actions Raven slapped him across the face earning gasps from the other titans. As harsh as it seemed it was also effective as bb's eyes burst open with a gasp and his eyes darted franitcally around the room before he pulled away from Ravens grip.

"beastboy whats wrong" Robin urged
"what is it that has troubled you so" Starfire asked worriedly
"dude calm down" Cyborg said noting Beastboys still fear full expression

Beastboy looked from the three questioning titans up to raven who now stood close beside his bed staring blankly at him. how was he suppose to answer them.....in truth he could say it was a nightmare but something about the dream seemed so real that it had left him visibly shaken and at the moment at a loss for words

".I..."
"friend Beastboy why are shaking" star asked "are you having the cold"
"i don't think so Star" Raven replied monotone

Beastboy closed his eyes trying to calm himself and wishing with all his heart that he would yet again awaken from a dream. To his disappointment when he opened his eyes there stll stood his friends who were staring at him worriedly.

"if your having nightmares i suggest you stop watching scarey movies before you go to bed" Raven said

Beastboy nodded silently hoping the rest of the titans would go along with that and leave.

"are you sure you feeling akay b" Cyborg asked "you look kinda pale"

"he's fine" Raven said "nothing a little alone time can't cure" and with that she exited the room

the others hesitated waiting for Beastboy to say something
"Ravens right" he replied "i just had..a...bad dream"

his friends still looked uncertain
"....and i'm starv'in" Beastboy added smiling "it's not to late for tofu is it"
"dude no way" Cyborg protested "that stuffs gross"
"it's not like i'm asking you to try it" Beastboy smirked glad to change the subject
"who cares" Cyborg said "i don't like that stuff in my kitchen"
"your kitchen?" Beastboy continued ....and at this Star and Robin exited the room with a slightly relieved smile

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RavenDarkAngel on July 24, 2006, 9:19:18 AM

RavenDarkAngel on
RavenDarkAngelGreat story!

cutiealue13 on December 12, 2005, 7:37:36 AM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13kool i like it, i wonder whats wrong with bb? *goes to the next chapter*