Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - It hurts to remember

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 2 - It hurts to remember

Chapter 2 - It hurts to remember
ch.2

titans tower 8:35 p.m. main living room

Beastboy sat on the couch playing videogames with cyborg, the events of this morning layed fresh in his mind but he tried not to let his concern show. The others seemed satisfied with the fact that he had gone about his day normally so far. Still he felt he hadn't convinced everyone, catching Raven starring at him skeptically from the corner of her eyes..

After Cyborg beat him at yet another game he rolled his eyes exclaimed that he must have cheated and walked into the kitchen for a snack. He opened the fridge and scanned its contents, nothing much aside from some left over tofu, ruined milk, a few veggies, and a half eaten ham. Still he realized he wasn't all that hungry and his mind wandered back to what had happen earlier.

It was more than just a dream, it had to be, it was if someone was trying to torment him with his own memories. The past was something that was best forgotten, in beastboys perspective, and being reminded and reliving one of the worst experiences of his life had still left him shaken.

' why is this happening' he thought to himself 'someone or something has to be behind it......that or i really am losing my mind, but i can't tell the others.....they just wouldn't understand'. though he was still worried he believed he would be okay as long as he was surrounded by his friends and the comfort of the daytime........'i hope so' he thought '...

"If you're not going to get anything out then close the door" Raven said noticing Beastboy had been standing in front of the open fridge for atleast ten minutes.

"huh" Beastboy said snapping out of his thoughts "did you say something Rae"
Raven sighed in frustration both at beastboys lack of attention and the fact he had called her 'rae'.

"nothing Beastboy" she replied rolling her eyes and bringing her attention back to the book she held loosely in her hand.

"oh" Beastboy said closing the fridge and reaching for a glass. He wasn't very hungry but for some reason his throat felt dry and he wanted some water.

suddenly Beastboy felt he was going in slow motion as he brought the glass up to the sink and turned on the cold water. The sound of the water quietly rushing into his glass made him tense slightly and despite the fact that Raven seemed to be reading her book she looked up.

'somethings wrong' she thought to herself 'but whatever Beastboys going through is really none of my buisness.......right'. Raven had always wanted her privacy and had always respected others......Beastboy however was the only titan who would rarely let her enjoy it.

A part of her couldn't help but be concerned remembering the strong emotions he was emitting earlier.....however nightmares weren't considered dangerous and she didn't think to ask him what it was about
'he's fine' she thought 'it's not my concern'



Beastboy turned the water off and slowly drank the contents of the glass, finishing all the water off in one drank. he stared down thoughtfully at the empty glass 'what happened wasn't my fault' he thought to himself 'it....it can't be'

'oh but it is' a voice answered him and when his head jerked up in attention his eyes met only darkness. Beastboy froze staring forward his hands trembling and his eyes wide with fear.he heard the rushing water ..... the voices

"Garfield you have to go now" a mans stern but worried voice echoed
"but....but i can't" a small boys terrified voice answered
"it's okay sweety" a soft and worried female voice said 'just turn into one of those pretty birds of yours and fly away"
"but.....mommy...." the small voice replied shakily
"your mother and i love you very much gar" the mans voice stated softly "we don't want anything to happen to you"
"but....."

suddenly in the darkness he could see them and he took a few steps back wishing with all his heart that it would stop here
'please.....' Beastboy thought to himself, his grip loosening on the glass



Raven head snapped up in attention as the glass Beastboy had held shattered on the floor. Her gaze settled on Beastboy who looked terrified....fear radiating from his prescence....his eyes were dazed and he seemed to be staring out at nothing....although trembling.

"Beastboy?" Raven questioned "are you...are you okay"

"dude what did you break this time" Cyborg yelled from his position on the couch not bothering to look up. Robin was looking over villian files in his room and star had left earlier to acquire some more ingrediants for her strange meals.

Beastboy seemed to not have heard them and his blank gaze became slightly focused as if he had seen something.


Beastboy looked out at the scene before him terrified but unable to look away

there in a boat was a man a woman and a small green child. the rapids were rough and the current fast and just beyond them was the waterfall.
"I....i can't" the small boy whimpered
the woman drew him close to her in a hug "remember that....i love you.....and i'm...sorry"
with that said the woman gabbed the small boy who's eyes grew wide with fear. Tears were running down the womans face as she thrusted him out of the boat
"aaahhh...." the green child screamed his body never hitting the water at he quickly transformed into a bird
"Son...GO NOW" was the mans stern yet still concerned order. he held onto his wife tightly as they both gazed up at thier boy.

Beastboy closed his eyes tightly hearing only thier screams....he couldn't take it
"AAAHHHH....STOP IT" he yelled falling to his knees and clutching his head.


"BEASYBOY" Raven yelled rushing to his side and allowing her book to fall to the floor. The sound of Beastboys scream jarred Cyborg from his game and he to rushed to his friends aid.

"Dude whats wrong with him" Cyborg asked terrified at his friends reaction
Beastboy was on his knees sceaming and shaking his head as if in imense pain.
"i don't know" Raven answered quickly trying to stay in control of both the emotions she and beastboy felt


Beastboy screamed again .....but was answered
'look what you've done' his head snapped up in attention hoping to find the owner of the voice.....the one responsible for this
"who's there" he yelled "where are you"


"Beastboy say something" cyborg urged "are you hurt....whats wrong"
Beastboys head snapped up in attenion and for a moment the two titans believed he had finally heard him....but his response told them otherwise.

"who's there" he yelled his eyes narrowed "where are you"
Raven and Cyborg exchanged confused and concerned glances
"Beastboy it's us " raven answered "your friends"


'whats wrong Garfield' the voice said mockingly 'are you affraid of the dark'
Beastboy growled
'don't worry' the voice said 'i'm sure thier deaths weren't to painful'
"SHUT UP" Beastboy yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE"
'sorry' the voice answered 'but you brought this on your self, this is all your fault"
Beastboy body tensed in anger
'if it weren't for you then they'd still be here" it said as if trying to sound sad 'but you let them die"
that was it .....Beastboy had heard enough... he willed his body to change into a creature that could find and attack the owner of the voice but at the time he tried to morph an agonizing pain ran through his body. It felt as if he had been electricuted and in a moment he lost consciousness.


Beastboys body tensed and he fell limp to the floor.
"yo' Beastboy" Cyborg practically screamed trying to wake him
"what happened" Raven whispered to herself
"we need to get him to the medical bay" Cyborg ordered picking beastboy up "you call Robin and Star and tell them whats going on"
Raven nodded and took out her communicator "Robin, Starfire, get to the medical bay as soon as possible" she stated calmly "it's Beastboy"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cutiealue13 on December 12, 2005, 7:52:46 AM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13kool this story keeps on getting better and better!! *goes to the next chapter*