Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - restless nights rude awakenings

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 3 - restless nights rude awakenings

Chapter 3 - restless nights rude awakenings
ch.3


Robin had gotten to the medical bay very quickly but it took Star longer before she came rushing in. As soon as she entered the room she gasped at Beastboys resting form on the medical bed.

"friends please tell me what has occurred" Starfire asked worriedly

"we're not sure yet Star" robin answered putting a hand on her shoulder in comfort

"I'm running scans but so far nothings come up" Cyborg replied

"whatever just happened to him..." Raven stated "i don't think it's all physical"

"are you saying he's hallucinating" Robin asked turning towards her

"maybe" Raven answered thoughtfully "I'm not sure"


"friends is this perhaps the happenings of Slade" Starfire asked "was he not the one who made Robin see the things that were not there"

"that's true Star but this is different" Cyborg replied still staring intently at the monitors "you guys weren't there.....it was like....."

"it was like we weren't there" Raven finished "he couldn't hear or see us"

"will he be alright" Starfire asked hopefully

"everything checks out fine" Cyborg sighed "i can't figure out what wrongs"

"we'll have to wait and see" Robin stated "right now he needs some rest"

Cyborg turned to address his fellow titans "I'll come back and check on him every hour or so to make...."

"I'll stay" Raven said interrupting him "we need to keep a close eye on him"

"you sure Raven" Robin asked slightly surprised at her offer

"yes I'm sure" Raven confirmed "if anything goes wrong I'll let you know"

"okay then" Cyborg said slowly

"i am most glad that you will watch over friend beastboy, Raven" Starfire replied giving her a quick hug

"yeah Starfire" Raven replied dryly "whatever"

Everyone said a quick good night to each other and left, Raven pulled a chair next to Beastboys bed and sat down. She looked him over one last time before pulling out her book and reading.
a few hours later Raven had put her book up.It was getting real late and she was beginning to feel tired. She looked down at Beastboy and frowned considerably at his worried expression
"Beastboy" she whispered "what's wrong"

at this he groaned lightly and stirred.She froze, waiting hopefully for his eyes to open and for him to crack some lame joke....anything that would provide her with some reassurance.
"i...I'm sorry" Beastboy moaned "please.....stop". He shifted more in his bed as if struggling to wake from his nightmare. Ravens concern began to grow as Beastboy's uncomfortable stir became a panicked jerk.
his heart rate shot up and he began screaming.Raven tried to hold him still but it was hard for her to concentrate on controling her powers in such a situation.

"Beastboy stop" Raven demanded though her voice remained level "calm down"

Raven could barely make out Beastboys pleas as he screamed. He wanted it to stop he wanted someone to help but Raven couldn't and she hated feeling helpless. She quickly sounded the alarm to alert the other titans
In mere moments the others burst through the doors

"what's wrong with him!?" Cyborg asked loudly "what HAPPENED"

"I..I don't know" Raven said unable to hide her fear

"Guys we have to hold him still" Robin ordered "We need to calm him down"
Cyborg, Robin, and Raven grabbed beastboy trying to hold him down as Starfire stared fearfully at the scene before her.

"Star!!" Robin yelled jerking her out of her frightened daze "hurry"
she nodded and jumped forward to help.

'whats wrong Gar' the voice mocked him 'all alone again?'

'no' beastboy thought his thoughts somehow being vocalized 'you're wrong....I'm not alone'

'you'll always be alone' the voice corrected 'and i know you believe me'

'your wrong i have my friends' Beastboy screamed mentally

"do you' the voice asked 'can you honestly believe their your friends'

Beastboy growled and jerked around, for some reason he felt like he was being restrained

'they all hate you' the voice taunted 'you're nothing but a joke to them'

'no that's not true' beastboy thought angrily 'my friends care about me'

'you'll only end up hurting them' the voice replied 'you always hurt the ones that are close to you'

Beastboy felt the sting of tears behind his eyes but held them back.
"where ARE YOU" beastboy screamed "I"LL KILL YOU"

Beastboys body jerked violently as his friends struggled to restrain him

"Beastboy please" Star pleaded

"AAHHH" Beastboy screamed thrashing around "WHERE ARE YOU.....I"LL KILL YOU"

His friends were taken back by Beastboys Angry outburst.Starfire seemed to be close to tears and Raven seemed almost confused but at the same time terrified

'you can't beat me' the voice stated calmly 'you could never beat anyone'
Anger. Beastboy could feel the heat of fury radiate inside him.....consuming him....but he didn't resist.He wanted to hurt this person.....he wanted to make them suffer
Beastboys body tensed and his friends froze at this sudden change though still holding down his arms.Suddenly beastboys fur began to grow...his shirt began to rip...as his body grew in size...his fang widen in his mouth...he was turning into 'the Beast'

"guys get ready" Robin ordered taken out his boomerang

Raven shot him a glare then turned to Beastboys slowly morphing form

"Fight it Beastboy" Cyborg ordered ever so slowly readying his cannon

"friend you must not turn into this monster" Starfire said worriedly as her hands began to glow.
They were going to fire.'why' she found herself asking 'he's still Beastboy, we can still get through to him'. She pasted a determined look on her face as she confronted Beastboys body and jerked him from his bed.
The other titan were taken back by her action but watched intently

"Beastboy stop this" Raven screamed making a lamp bust in the process "you have to stop...NOW"

'whats wrong kid' the voice asked 'did i make you angry'

Beastboys breath became ragged and he tightened his hands into fist feeling the anger taking over and his body tingling with the sensation almost pleasurably. 'i'll kill you...I'll kill..." Beastboy thought 'I'll make you suffer...'

"Beastboy stop this!!" A voice rang out to him

'R...raven' Beastboy thought 'is...it her'

"NO' the voice yelled 'it can't be....she can't be getting through'

"You have to stop this.....NOW" Ravens voice screamed to him

Beastboys fists slowly loosened at his side as he felt the anger slip from him slowly returning to normal.
The titan stared in relieved amazement as Beastboy form began to shrink down. 'Beastboy' Raven sighed inwardly
her relief jumped back to panic as she noted face. while shrinking back to his normal self his eyes glowed a familiar red...'i know those eyes' she thought terrified 'but....how'
beastboys body fell limp again and he panted tiredly. As the other titan lowered their weapons they neared him cautiously. Beastboy moan lightly his head lulling to the side and his eyes slowly fluttering open.

He smiled weakly at his friends "hay" he said hoarsely "did i miss anything"

his friends exchanged concerned glances before returning them back to Beastboy

"um...Beastboy" Robin said not sure how to approach the situation "we...we have to discuss this"

"huh" Beastboy asked confused "i...passed out didn't I"
his friends nodded

"must be more tired than i thought" he replied his gaze shifting to Raven as he smiled weakly when suddenly something came to him

'Beastboy stop this!!"

Beastboys eyes opened more fully and flashed a scared and confused look at her though everyone noticed. He sat up in bed and everyone took a step forward as if they were going to force him to lay back down

"what happened" he asked now panicked and scared "I...I did something wrong"

"you were becoming all scary" Starfire replied shakily

"you were becoming 'the beast' again" Robin stated staring at him intently

"I..I.." he felt fear wash over him 'no....it can't be...that's all behind me' he inhaled deeply 'Did..I..."

"no" Raven replied placing her hand on his shoulder for a moment "you didn't hurt anyone"

"but you could have" Robin stated "i don't know what were going to do about this Beastboy but...lets just hope that we can find the problem and fix it"

Raven had removed her hand from Beastboys shoulder hoping he didn't realize that she was searching through his feelings in search of.....'no....it just couldn't be'

"i need to meditate" Raven said starting to walk away to distracted to notice Beastboys hurt expression

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cutiealue13 on December 12, 2005, 8:04:55 AM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13i love this story!! you really have to add more! *faves*