Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Close Encounters

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 6 - Close Encounters

Chapter 6 - Close Encounters
"STOP"
suddenly everything around her froze.Starfire Cyborg and Robin's attacks stopped in mid-air and she looked to Beastboy. He to was frozen in time but soon his eyes glowed red and his head quickly jerked to the side to glare at her.
Startled she took a step back before composing herself and glaring at him

"enough Trigon" she said harshly her hands glowing dangerously "release my friend or pay"

"you wouldn't dare" Beastboy/Trigon spoke smiling evilly "you wouldn't risk harming me"

"if that's what it takes" Raven said 'i can heal him when it's over' she thought

"I doubt you could" Beastboy/Trigon smirked. Raven looked shocked for a moment as Beastboy or rather Trigon explained

"the longer I'm in this body the more power i gain" he said "my power"

Raven gritted her teeth "I know your in there Beastboy" Raven said in a slightly lighter voice "you have to fight him.....don't let him have control"

"why should i listen to you" Beastboy spat "why should i trust you when you don't trust me"

Raven stopped, her hands lowering.....this was Beastboy talking to her...... Beastboy was with him ....fighting with him....'no' she thought '...Trigon has poisoned Beastboys mind....he's confused....he would never.."

"Beastboy that's not true" Raven stated in her normal calm voice "I do trust you....don't let Trigon confuse you"

"i am not confused" Beastboy yelled "I'm finally seeing things for what they truly are"

"Beastboy.."

"NO" he yelled his emerald eyes could be seen somewhat through the crimson red and Raven knew it was Beastboy who spoke these words "I'm tired of being pushed around, tired of feeling guilty and alone and I'm sick and tired of YOU"

Raven took a step back and gave him a half glare "i know you don't mean that Beastboy" she tried to stay calmly "I'm your friend and I care about you....and i know you care about me too"

his expression softened and his emerald eyes became visible for a moment before he closed them tightly. Raven made a step forward to place her hand on his shoulder when his eyes opened and more of the crimson red returned....along with Trigon's influence

"if you cared about me then you wouldn't say all those mean things" he yelled as she stepped back again "you wouldn't push me away and ignore me.....if you were really my friend then you would have kept your promise"

Raven paused hurt by Beastboys words....was she really that mean to the little green shape-shifter? As soon as the question left her mind it was answered by countless memories of her harshness towards him. She remembered what she had said to him yesterday

"next time you interrupt me like that it better be because your life is in endanger or else it will be"

"Beastboy...I.."

"no..." he continued his gaze shifting downward but the pain and anger still evident in his face "you can't keep your promise.....you can't help me.....you don't even know me"

Once again she felt hurt by his words but non-the-less kept control of her emotions.

"I don't have to know much to know that you need my help" she stated calmly "and I CAN help you......if you let me"

"y...you're not going to leave me" Beastboy asked or rather stated, his voice no longer filled with rage and his expression softening to confusion.

"no Beastboy" Raven said quietly,taking a step towards him "I won't give up on you"

'KILL HER'

Beastboy grabbed his head and closed his eyes tightly

'she's lieing' the voice hissed 'you can't win... you're to weak....she's trying to trick you....she hates you....KILL HER"

"I Can't" Beastboy said through clenched teeth falling to his knees

"You can beat him" Raven stated bending down on one knee beside him "you're stronger than you think Beastboy...I know you can win"

Raven listened to the stillness of the room....all other life frozen and only her and Beastboy remaining....the sound of his shallow breaths seemed to have a calming effect...almost more so than her meditating and she found herself closing her eyes and imagining the slow rise and fall of his chest.

She placed her hand on his shoulder, eyes still closed

"I...I don't want to hurt you" came Beastboys quiet reply.

Raven opened her eyes and her heart seemed to break upon seeing him. His facial expression was one of fear, sadness and remorse....his eyes still glowed a faint red but now they were filled with tears that streamed down his face involuntarily.

There seemed like so much that needed to be said but no words came to her. She wanted to comfort him...to heal his pain....her emotions tossed and turned inside her making her tense.

"I...I don't want to lose you" Beastboy whispered, one hand still clutched to his head as he desperately tried to ignore Trigons words."I just can't lose anyone else" Beastboy said shakily, tears still flowing from his eyes and down his cheek

"you won't" Raven whispered finally finding her voice

Raven placed her hand gently on Beastboys cheek raising his head up to meet her gaze. She gave him a sad smile

'you should hug him' happy and affection chimed

'poor Beastboy' timid said

'he's afraid and confused' knowledge stated

"he needs you as much as you need him" a quiet voice replied

Beastboy stared into Ravens eyes....full of concern and.....affection?

'she doesn't love you' Trigon hissed 'you could never give her what she needs'

"you'll never love me" Beastboy said sadly

Ravens eyes widened slightly at this..... 'love' she thought 'does he.....do I..."

'we need him' an emotion said quietly

"Beastboy...I...I.." Before she could finish she found herself pressing her lips tightly against his.

The softness of his lips touched hers and as she pressed on he opened his mouth. Her emotions whirled around her each existing simultaneously at the same time....all her emotions somehow freed but no destruction evident. Raven....Raven was whole....she was complete and nothing could take away this moment.

Her eyes glowed with the passion of her emotions as Beastboy pressed himself forwards into her, both of them closing their eyes.

'Azarath Mentrion Zinthos' her emotions inwardly chimed

A Glow of white energy surrounded them in the wind but neither had taken notice.Beastboy could only think about Raven....he could feel her....since her hope...nothing else existed in that moment....not Trigon, not the other titans....nothing was holding them back and he felt...free.

Trigons voice screamed in the back of his mind almost as if in pain but Beastboy took no notice to this and furthered his kiss, pressing his body close to Ravens. In the whirl the dark aura that glowed around Beastboy was pushed away no longer able to exist....no longer able to feed off his doubt...his fear....or his memories

The swirl of powered slowly vanished as Raven and Beastboy pulled apart Raven opened her eyes at the same time as Beastboy did and relief washed over her. Instead of the crimson red she met only his brilliant emerald green eyes....they looked tired and wary but a smile was quickly forming on his face.

"raven" Beastboy whispered quietly his eyes slowly closing and his body giving into sleep.

Raven caught him in her arms turning him over so that his head rested in her lap.

A loud crash alerted her to the rest of the world. She looked up at the titans who were no longer frozen and who were looking at the wall they had just attacked in shock and confusion.

Their eyes then darted around the room and fell upon the site of Raven and Beastboy.

"okay" Cyborg said slowly "what just happened"

They were looking down at the two with uncertainty

"it's okay" Raven stated "it's over.....Trigons gone"

"we are victorious" Starfire asked "and friend Beastboy is.....himself again"

"is he okay" Cyborg asked noting his friends motionless figure. Only moments before were they ready to attack him and it was surprising how quickly things had changed

"he will be" Raven nodded "his body's weak and he'll need some rest but he'll be fine"

"are you okay" Robin asked looking her over for any injuries

Raven looked down at Beastboys resting form "i will be" she said thoughtfully before masking her and Beastboy in her familiar black glow and teleporting back to the tower leaving the rest of the Titans in confusion.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cutiealue13 on December 21, 2005, 1:58:28 PM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13yes!!!!! im soooo happy another chapter of this magnifisent story!! ^_^

toxic_dreamer on December 12, 2005, 10:26:54 AM

toxic_dreamer on
toxic_dreamerJust to let the readers know.....thats not the end....nope ...I still have more to come^_^