Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Mistake

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 7 - Mistake

Chapter 7 - Mistake
ch.7
Raven teleported into the medical bay and laid Beastboy gently on the bed. He groaned slightly as his body shifted from her arms and worry etched across his face.

Raven placed a hand reassuring on his cheek and his expression once again relaxed. She looked him over for injuries and began to heal some of the cuts and bruises he obtained during the fight.She was trying to keep busy, wanting not to think of what had just happen but being unable to avoid it.

She sighed and took the seat next to his bed, starring down at his resting form once again drifting off at the sound of his breathing and the slow rise and fall of his chest.

'what do I do....what did I do....' she thought 'did i take advantage of him in his moment of weakness just like trigon....or does he really care about me'

Raven sighed closing her eyes and trying to fight back a migraine. 'he can't love me.....I'm not capable of expressing love...he deserves someone who can' she thought '...besides...what would the others think.....it could break apart the team...it could destroy me and Beastboys friendship....It could....'

Just them the door came open and the other titans slowly entered

"what happened to Mumbo" Raven asked letting them know she was aware of their presence

"the police came in shortly after you left' Robin said "Mumbo was taken into custody and the money he stole was returned"

Raven sat silently with her back to the other titans and the uneasy silence filled the room.

"hows BB doing" Cyborg quietly asked as he walked closer, the others taking small steps forward with him

"I healed his injuries but his body's very weak" Raven stated "he'll need to stay in bed for at least a few days but he'll be fine"

"this is most relieving" Starfire said "when he awakens we shall celebrate"

Robin smiled at Starfire for a moment then turned to Raven

"so...Raven" He asked carefully "what exactly happened back there"

"yeah" Cyborg urged on "i mean one minute Beastboys completely lost his mind and the next thing we know your holding him in your arms and every things fine"

"nothing happened" Raven stated flatly "Trigon was defeated and that's all that matters"

Raven got up from her seat and walked towards the door "I'll be in my room" she said "i need to meditate"

"do you want us to get you when Beastboy wakes up" Cyborg asked thoughtfully

Raven paused at the door letting a few moments of silence last before replying "no" then walking out

The others seemed surprised at her, only moments before did it seem she would do anything to help Beastboy and now she didn't even want to know if he was awake or not.

"is something the matter with friend Raven" Starfire asked

"I'm not sure" Robin answered truthfully "but it might have something to do with what really happened back there"

"it doesn't look like Raven wants to talk about it" Cyborg replied hoping his fellow teammates would back off the subject "....and it's not like Beastboy can tell us what happened right now"

The other two titans nodded "you're right Cyborg" Robin said "as long as it's not hurting anyone then it's okay if they want to keep it to themselves"

"Azarath Mentrion Zinthos......Azarath Mentrion Zinthos....Azarath Mentrion Zint.." Raven sighed unable to focus...she tilted her head back against the wall of her room and them glanced at the mirror on the stand near her bed. another minute or so passed before she picked up the mirror...her portal....and entered her mind

when she arrived she noticed she was in Happy's domain. Everything was pink and smelled of perfume. Glancing around she was startled when Happy jumped out in front of her

"HI" happy yelled

"happy where are the others" Raven asked hiding her surprise

"guess" Happy teased "go on now...Guess"

"I'm in no mood for games" Raven stated slightly annoyed

"awe...you need to lighten up Raven" Happy replied "I bet Beastboy would really like that"

Raven blushed for a moment thinking 'i bet he would'...then she shook the thought off and continued

"this is important"

"i know" Happy replied "but don't worry they're all here"

just as Happy said this Ravens other emotions emerged

"Raven it's so good that you could join us" affection Grinned widely "is everything okay"

"no" Raven stated darkly "i need to know what i should do about Beastboy"

at the mention of his name all her emotions snapped up in attention

"I think we should make him a cake" Happy said

"we should give him a big hug" affection answered...both her and happy jumping up and down in excitement

"i say you go right up to him and tell him he's awesome" Braverly yelled

several more shouts rang out each suggesting she got for it...each making her wonder why she had any doubt at all but at the same time she still doubted.

suddenly a quieter voice replied "m..maybe we should...apologize"

Raven had heard her though and so had the others....the room became very quiet and Raven slowly approached her

"why is that Timid" Raven asked softly

"I...um.." Timid fidgeted with her cape and looked around nervously "i...i just think that...maybe....we shouldn't have kissed him"

at that moment knowledge came forward

"she may be right" knowledge stated "we aren't even sure if Beastboy feels the same and at the same time we do not know how the rest of the team will react to this.....it's just to big of a risk"

Timid nodded but the others seemed skeptical

"but what if he does feel the same" Happy yelled "what if he cares for us too"

"I think that he might" Affection stated smiling

"I never said I cared about him like that" Raven stated "how could I...were just to different"

"that is percisely why you need him" wisdom replied "he is the light to your darkness....he completes you"

"this is crazy" Raven stated "can't anyone here give me any real advice"

"you need to talk to him" a voice replied from the back of the room

the other emotions parted so that Raven could see the speaker

this Raven wore a very light pink cape....she smiled contently and happily at Raven as she neared her

"your the one who spoke to me earlier, aren't you" Raven asked

She nodded "yes I am"

"how is it I that I don't know you" Raven asked

the emotion giggled softly before replying "you Know me Rea"

"then who are you" Raven asked "why haven't I seen you before"

"for a long time i have been hidden away inside another one of your emotions" she replied "affection"

"yes...but who.... are.... you" Raven asked impatiently

"I am Love" she replied smiling

"no... you can't be" Raven said "I can't Love...I just can't"

"but you do" she replied "you love Beastboy"

"I don't believe you" Raven said "I refuse to believe"

"well that doesn't make it any less true" Love replied slightly hurt

"i came here for answers" Raven stated "but I've got nothing"

"no you're wrong" Love said quietly grabbing her hand as she turned to leave

"I gave you an answer" she stated softly "It's just not what you wanted to hear"

"you're afraid" knowledge stated and Timid and surprisingly Bravery nodded

"I'm not afraid" Raven said louder "I'm not afraid of anything"

"yes you are" Timid said quietly

"THEN WHAT" Raven yelled "What am i so afraid of"

suddenly the room became very quiet

"Are you afraid that he won't love you Rea" Love asked quietly "or are you afraid...that he will"

Raven stood stunned by her question 'why would i be afraid of him feeling the same way' she asked herself 'is it because....'

'I don't deserve it' she thought honestly and then she turned to walk away

"just talk to him Rea" love said "trust me"

When Raven was back in her room again she sighed deeply. glancing to her clock she was surprised that she had been inside her mind for a few hours. It was late and she figured the others were already in bed, after thinking for a few moments she decided it wouldn't hurt to check on Beastboy

when she entered the room Beastboy was still asleep, the covers were now pulled over him and he was laying on his side with one hand tucked under his pillow.

She stepped closer as she stared at him...'how am i suppose to feel' she asked herself. Part of her wanted to stay there with him and another part of her wanted to run away. She placed her hand on his cheek

"Raven" Beastboy sighed happily

Raven felt herself blush "Beastboy" She said "I.." Before she could finish a near by vase was engulfed by her powers and broke

she gasped pulling her hand away from him. As she did so he stirred and shifted, Raven quietly began to back away but as she turned to leave she heard her name again

"Raven"

She turned around to see Beastboy staring at her through half open and sleepy eyes.

"go back to sleep Beastboy" Raven said "every things okay"

"Raven wait..." Beastboy said quietly as he tried to raise up. He realized right away that it wasn't a good idea,he felt his body being weighed down with pressure and with not enough strength to stay up feel back down on the bed with a moan.

Raven floated over towards him "you shouldn't try and get up" She stated not looking directly at him "you need rest"

"Raven...whats wrong" He asked noticing her avoiding his gaze

'you need to talk to him' loves voice echoed in her head

"Beastboy" Raven addressed him

"yeah" he replied

"it's about what happened back there" she started turning her head to the side. Beastboy could see a light scratch on her face.....it had been from where he'd hit her....and though it was almost fully healed it was still noticeable

"Raven" Beastboy gasped terrified "What happened.....did I..I hurt you"

"what" Raven said turning to face him with confusion

"your face" Beastboy said worriedly "I..I did that ....didn't I"

Raven put a hand up to her face she had forgotten about it.

"it wasn't your fault" she said "but that's not what i was talking about"

"OH man" Beastboy said worriedly "are the others okay"

"yes there fine" she said

Beastboy sighed "then what happened"

"don't you.....remember" Raven asked confused

"well...no" Beastboy replied "i remember showing up and fighting ....and Mumbo taking you....but everything else is kinda blurry"

Raven didn't know whether to feel hurt or relieved....'it was a mistake' she decided 'no one has to know.....not even Beastboy...everything can go back to normal'

"Raven" Beastboy said quietly getting her attention "did i do something...i mean.."

"no....every things back to normal" she stated "but you need your rest"

Beastboy nodded he was already having trouble keeping his eyes open and Raven had noticed....His eyes began to shut....the last thing he saw was Ravens figure as she left the room.

Raven sighed as she closed the door behind her 'every things back to normal' she thought

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

iAmFishCrashing on April 26, 2006, 8:10:58 AM

iAmFishCrashing on
iAmFishCrashinghaha i bet he dose remember the kiss but she dosnt think that he remembers it lol i hope so

cutiealue13 on January 4, 2006, 8:52:16 AM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13aaawwwww thats so sweat! i really love this story it full of love and passion...*day dreams for about an hour or two...*