Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - pretending not to feel

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 8 - pretending not to feel

Chapter 8 - pretending not to feel
ch.8

The next day Raven woke up not feeling rested....she had tossed and turned all night and hadn't slept well.

She walked into the main room and immediately put on some tea

"HELLO Raven" Starfire said cheerfully "is it not a most glorious morning"

"uh...yeah sure" Raven said glancing up at her fellow titan momentarily

"Hay Rea" Cyborg said turning from his spot on the couch to acknowledge her "sleep well"

Raven groaned in response as she poured some tea in a cup.

"Beastboys awake" Robin stated, waiting for a response from her

She took a sip of her tea as if nothing was said then replied "oh"

"do you not wish to see him" Starfire asked confused

"i talked with him some last night" Raven mumbled

"oh really" Cyborg said teasingly "all night huh?"

she half glared at him "no" she replied "just for a little while"

"we were just going to bring him some breakfast" Robin said motioning to a tray with tofu pancakes,fruit, and some juice "and i was thinking..."

"Robin believes it would be better if you did" Starfire explained "he seemed most distracted earlier when we spoke with him"

"he was pretty tired though" Cyborg commented "he didn't stay awake to long"

"why should I bring it to him again" Raven asked not moving

"i just thought it would be a good idea" Robin said "he wanted to see you earlier when he woke up......and i told him you'd be down soon...so"

"so now i have to because you promised him i would" Raven finished

Robin looked nervous "well...no...i mean i thought you wouldn't mind...."

"well i do" Raven said almost angry

"Raven,,"

"she doesn't have to" came a quiet reply from the door. Everyones head turned and looked at Beastboy.

He was standing unsteadily, one hand on the doors frame for support, his eyes looked tired and his breathing gave away that it had taken allot out of him to get there.

"Friend why are you not resting" Starfire asked

Beastboy shrugged and smiled weakly

"Beastboy" Robin said sternly "you're suppose to be in bed"

"he's right man" Cyborg said standing up "I mean look at you...you're exhausted"

"and hungry" Beastboy said with a half smile "I'd starve waiting for you guys to bring me something"

"sorry Beastboy" Robin said glancing at Raven briefly "I was just about.."

"that's okay" Beastboy said his smile fading a little as he took a shaky step forward.

Raven just stared blankly at him 'he shouldn't be up' she thought then sighed 'why couldn't i just bring him breakfast....i mean is it really that hard...'

Cyborg came up to him and put a hand on his shoulder and Star grabbed Beastboys hand and smiled. Beastboy looked from his two friends and then to Robin who had grabbed Beastboys tray

"okay Beastboy" Robin said "You've got our attention"

"now lets get you back to bed" Cyborg said

"yes friend" Star replied cheerfully "it would make us all feel much beter if you were to relax"

"guys I'm fine" Beastboy said smiling "guess I just don't like being cooped up in that room"

"Fair enough" Robin admitted "you can stay on the couch if you'd prefer....just promise us you'll get some sleep"

"dude deal" Beastboy said shaking his hand. His grip was so loose that it barely seemed he had a hold of it and it made Robins friendly smile fade somewhat

After helping Beastboy to the couch Robin placed his breakfast on the table in front of him and went back towards Raven.Cyborg sat down in the chair out from Beastboy and Starfire turned the TV on.

Raven had been staring blankly over in Beastboys direction when Robin Jarred her from her daze

"hay Raven" he said

Raven looked down then back up at him "what"

Robin sighed "....Never mind"

Beastboy had fallen asleep shortly after breakfast and Raven had left a little before then...retreating to her room without a word to anyone.The rest of the titans left Beastboy to rest, Cyborg was currently working on some new gadgets...Starfire was playing with 'silky' and Robin had went to another room to train and to think.

Raven had entered the main room again after meditating some more. She looked down at Beastboy who was snoring lightly and drooling. She rolled her eyes at him and sighed....she gazed out the window watching the rain pour down from the sky...altogether it was a boring and dreary day.

"Raven" Beastboy whispered

Raven snapped out of yet another daze and looked down at him. He looked up at her questioningly

"sorry" She said turning to leave.

Beastboy sat up to stop her "Raven wait"

she stopped at the sound of his light groan but just as the night before didn't turn around

"Raven...are you mad at me" Beastboy asked trying to keep himself from falling back onto the couch

"no" she stated not turning around to face him

"oh" Beastboy said "it's just that you act like you're mad at me and i was wondering if i had done something to upset you"

'yes....no...i don't know' Raven thought. She turned around to look at Beastboy who was waiting for a response

"you didn't do anything wrong Beastboy" she said "trust me.....it's not you"

"are you okay" he asked concerned

"I'll be fine thank you" she said as she turned back around "you should get some rest though"

"oh" Beastboy replied plainly "okay then"

Raven sighed inwardly as she walked away....things were suppose to go back to normal but everything felt different.....she wasn't even treating Beastboy the same....she was ignoring him at best...and she hated a part of herself for it.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cutiealue13 on January 4, 2006, 1:02:26 PM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13wow...looks like raven's in a big jam..i hope they eventualy tell each other how they feel about each other..(boy do i love this story!) *gose to next chapter*