Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Sharing and understanding

somethings wrong with Beastboy.....can anyone figure out 'what's wrong' and help him...Raven thinks so....but what will this lead to?RavenXBeastboy

Chapter 10 - Sharing and understanding

Chapter 10 - Sharing and understanding
ch.10
Beastboy turned to look at her "for a long time i never knew who my parents were....i was told that my mother gave birth to me and left because she was to young to handle it" Raven said "as for my father you understand why they didn't tell me about him"

Beastboy nodded silently as she continued

"I had a hard time controlling my powers and i had to meditate everyday and more than one time....needless to say I had no friends" she stated "it wasn't easy....later on when i had gotten a little older almost eleven my mother showed up in Azarath"

Beastboy ears perked up in interest

"i wasn't to happy to see her though....i had sort of an outbursts....but once i had calmed down she explained to me what had happened" Raven said "my father had manipulated her....forced her into pregnancy so that i would be born and become his portal"

Beastboy looked down...he knew this part and it still upsetted him...because it upsetted Raven

"when i was finally told of the prophacy and my destiny i was terrified" she said "imagine people telling you that you would bring about the end of the world"

"I'm sorry Rea" Beastboy whispered

"it's okay...well now it's okay" Raven said "but back then....i would have given anything to change my life....i left Azarath and came here....i joined the Teen Titans because i wanted to do as much good as i could.....even though i knew it couldn't make up for what i was going to do"

Beastboy placed his hand on Ravens seeing that she was getting emotional

she smiled over at him grateful and continued

"I tried not to get close to you guys because i knew that i would end up hurting you...the team....but....you all became my friends and that was something i never had....something i thought i didn't deserve"

"that's not true" Beastboy said reassuringly squeezing her hand

"I know that now...but at first i thought....if you guys new the truth about my destiny you would turn you're back on me" she said "but you didn't....you guys helped me....you gave me hope and helped save me...and I'm grateful for that and for all of you"

"Raven" Beastboy said quietly "why would you tell me all this"

"because i trust you" Raven said "you think that I'll turn my back on you if i know the truth but i won't......you don't have to tell me Beastboy but i hope you at least know that's true."

"thank you Raven" Beastboy said "for trusting me"

Raven would never understand how much that meant to the green titan. He had always hoped to earn Ravens trust knowing even then that it was not easily earned....and though he felt she trusted him in battle he never believed that she trustsed him with the truth.

Sitting there at that moment Beastboy felt like he and Raven had finally become friends.Not just temmates or acquantances but actual friends, something he had been working toward a long time.

Beastboy was quiet for a long time just staring at her. Her hood was off revealing her pale and delicate skin her hair swayed in the breeze and her eyes gazed forward admiring the landscape.Her eyes were beatiful.

Raven herself was always so secluded and at times harsh but her eyes seemed to be a gateway into her soul...revealing all that she was....to anyone who looked hard enough.

Its one of the reasons Beastboy rarely took offense to the things she said and any time the two had argued Raven either had her hood pulled up or Beastboy would refuse to look her in the eye.He often wondered if she noticed but doubted she ever thought much on the matter

He smiled over at her lost in his thoughts...captured by her scent

'she's beautiful' he thought '..wait.....i shouldn't think that way about her...we're just friends'

Raven stared over at him then down at her hand which Beastboy was still holding. Beastboy blushed and pulled his hand away staring out again.

Raven did the same, feeling content with just sitting here next to him. Then...Beastboy surprised her

"I...I was raised in Africa" Beastboy said shifting uncomfortable "My Parents were mark and Marie Logan they were both genetic scientists and worked in their own lab studying animals.."

Beastboy paused looking over to Raven who was listening intently

"I...I wasn't born this way ya know" Beastboy said seeming uncomfortable "It happened when i was five, I was bitten by a green monkey...which infected me with a fatal disease...i got very sick...and my parents became very worried"

"my mom spent most of her time by my bed side and my dad began looking for a cure...he noticed that animals were immune to the disease and had for a few years been working on extracting animal DNA to prove the connection between humans and animals"

Raven nodded....it was interesting really....and she was surprised she hadn't asked before

"He made a serum....it was my last hope. My mom was scared...she knew just as much about the consequences as my dad and she knew it was dangerous" Beastboy said "well i guess i don't have to tell you what happened....it worked...with a few minor side effects"

Beastboy looked down at his hands

"At first my parents were concerned...i mean turning green and growing fur....but they loved me just the same" Beastboy said with a half smile "i learned later that i could change into animals....when my mom and I were picking berries...a deadly cobra snuck up on us...when she saw it she panicked and told me to run...I couldn't leave her though... all I could think about was a mongoose...i knew they were a cobras natural enemy... i just kept thinking about it and how i wanted to stop the cobra and then....I just...I changed"

"that was the first animal you changed into" Raven asked

Beastboy nodded with a small smile "yeah....i beat the cobra..but I...ate it"

"excuse me" Raven asked raising an eye brow

"yeah...i lost control" he said "the instincts took over and it even took me awhile to change back....after that though i decided i never wanted to eat meat ever again...yuck"

Raven smiled inwardly "so you do have a good reason for the tofu"

"of course" he said laughing slightly "i bet if cyborg knew that he would shut up with the whole meat thing"

Raven smiled outwardly

"you really are beautiful when you smile" Beastboy said absent mindedly "..um...not that you're ugly when your frowning...cause your not...i mean...you're beautiful no mater what"

Raven put two fingers over his mouth "I get it" she said "now....what happened to them...if you don't mind telling me"

"they...they died" Beastboy said sadly "it was after a flood...allot of our belongings had been destroyed and we were leaving for the village down the river route....we got in a boat...we had done it before but....the flood had caused the water to rise and the rapids and currents were to strong....we couldn't control the boat and we...we were heading for a waterfall"

Ravens expression saddened

"They're was no stopping it....so they told me to go....to fly away" Beastboy looked sadly down at his hand again tears forming in his eyes "I..I didn't want to....but....I left them...i should have been able to save them but...I didn't"

"You were still young...you couldn't control your powers well enough...it wasn't your fault"

"I know that now but it still hurts" Beastboy said "I..I still remember...everything about that moment....hearing them....being all alone"

"you joined the doom patrol after that right" Raven asked

"Yeah they took me in....trained me...Mentos was harsh but I respected him" Beastboy said "they gave me my new name, a new life....but it didn't work out"

"Mentos was far to concerned with stopping the brotherhood of evil...we all saw that" Raven said "He was wrong when he said you failed them....He was wrong about you Beastboy"

"maybe" Beastboy said thoughtfully "but I'm a teen titan now......those things are behind me....I've got so much now...a family, friends....I'm helping people too"

Raven smiled inwardly noticing Beastboys face brighten more

"and I'm sitting her with you" Beastboy mused out loud "why...why did you come up here"

"I was actually going to meditate" Raven replied honestly

"oh" Beastboy said and stood up "I'll go now if you want"

"no" Raven said standing up "I mean...it was nice talking to you...I've learned alot"

Beastboy smiled warmly at her

"we should both head in though, it's getting kinda cold out here" Raven said walking in front of him toward the door

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cutiealue13 on January 4, 2006, 2:23:36 PM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13poor bb n rea they seem to both have had a bad life.....i cant wait to see what happens!

cutiealue13 on January 4, 2006, 2:10:08 PM

cutiealue13 on
cutiealue13no way! u put bb's mother's frist name as Marie?! that's my middle name!!!!