Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Three

PG: {My 1st fic!} Kurama's past has come back to haunt him - specifically his FEMALE past. Can he ever admit that he has feelings for a girl? {FINISHED} I'll probably add a sequel or another version later.

Chapter 4 - Chapter Three

Chapter 4 - Chapter Three
"So, Yusuke," Kuwabara whispered as they were walking. "That was sure a mood swing."
"What do you mean by that, Kuwabara?" asked Yusuke.
"I mean the girl, Sarani, or whatever Kurama said her name was. She was yelling at him at first, then suddenly, she was hugging him."
"I know what you mean. It looked a lot like he dumped her or something."
"But if that was the case, he wouldn’t hug her like that."
"He probably felt sorry for her." Yusuke looked away. He couldn't talk to Kuwabara. He was too busy thinking. The case between Kurama and Sarani was incredibly confusing. What did she mean by "you think you can just leave me" (referring to Kurama)? Why were they hugging like that? Was she really his old girlfriend? And was she truly a half-demon? Hopefully they would explain it all when they arrived at the restaurant.
Luckily, they were already there. The group sat down at a table after purchasing snacks. Yusuke and Kuwabara gave Kurama questioning looks.
"So?" Yusuke asked. Kurama and Sarani grinned.
"It was about two years ago, in Makai"-Yusuke and Kuwabara raised their eyebrows-"at a tournament," explained Kurama. "I had told my mother I was at a special camp in Tokyo. I had made it all the way to the final round - it was a very easy, one-person team, tournament. Unfortunately for me, so had Sarani."
Yusuke barely stopped himself from squirting his drink out his nose. Kuwabara almost choked on the cheeseburger he was eating. "You mean your a fighter!?" he exclaimed/asked Sarani. She nodded calmly.
"But I never heard of any girl fighters - except for the one in the Demon Triad," Yusuke put in.
"That's why I had to pretend to be a boy in order to get in the tournament," said Sarani. "No one would take me seriously. Not even Kurama." He slowly nodded in agreement. "When my true identity was revealed, he refused to fight me. But I wasn't about to attack someone if they weren't going to attack me back. It just wasn't fair."
"The crowd became annoyed at our standstill," Kurama continued. "We had to run very far away to avoid being killed by the guards. We chose to stay together until we could get out of their reach. That way, it would be harder for them to defeat us. During this time, we got to know each other and became friends - or whatever you call it. When the time came when we could go separate ways, we didn't want to. But I had to get back home, or my mother would be worried. I didn't tell Sarani about my mother or my life in the human world, and I didn't have the chance. For right as I was about to explain it, we were attacked by some ferocious animals. By the time we killed them off, I was already late in getting back home. I had to leave, so I did while her back was turned."
Everyone just sat and looked down for a few moments.
"I was wondering why you had to leave so urgently," Sarani finally spoke up.
"I still have a couple more questions," said Yusuke.
"Shoot," Kurama told him.
"First, it was because you were in Makai that you said your name was Kurama?"
"Right. That is, after all, what every other demon knows me as."
"Okay. Secondly, are you two boyfriend and girlfriend, or not!?" This caused Sarani and Kurama to start laughing.
"Actually, I've never really analyzed it that carefully," said Kurama when he stopped. "But, if you wish you may say it is that way." Yusuke grinned a satisfactory smile.
"I have a question too," Kuwabara put in suddenly. "Sarani - right? - what were you doing in Makai in the first place if you aren't half-demon?"
"I am half-demon," she answered. Kuwabara and Yusuke now bear the surprised look of "really!?" on their faces. "Well, actually, more like a third. But it’s practically the same thing."
"Oh my gosh, look at the time," said Yusuke suddenly. "I was supposed to meet Keiko at her house 10 minutes ago! Guess I'd better get going."
"Me too," agreed Kuwabara. "My mom is probably expecting me home for dinner." They all got up to leave.
"Wait!" said Sarani. "Before you go, you have to tell me your names."
"Oops. Sorry we forgot to do that. I'm Kazuma Kuwabara and he's Yusuke Urimeshi."
"Okay. Thanks. See you later, then."
"Bye."
"Bye."
"Bye."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment