Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The sorting.

The story of the only other one who lived the Avasa Kadavra curse. Mary Jane Potter.

Chapter 2 - The sorting.

Chapter 2 - The sorting.
So we got off the train and saw a man that my mom and dad had told me about.



"First years. First years over here pleas?" He said.

"Hello Hagrid." Said Harry.

"Hello Harry." Hagrid said.

"So your Hagrid my mom says hi." I said.

"Now who’s your mum?" He asked with a what I supposed to be a smile.

"Elian Dig...I mean Potter." I said.

"Oh. It's nice tur kno her daughter’s be here." He said. When all of us first years had finally gathered we walked to a shore. But we saw were all of the other years were going. There were like the things that houses pulled, that people could sit in, with nothing pulling them.

"Wow." Ryuu said.

"What? I don't see anything that interesting." I said.

"Of course that’s what they look like. You wouldn't know." She said looking to the ground. I wasn't use to people this shy. I had always knew kids who hug you for no reason. When we got to the shore I saw a bunch of tiny boats. I climbed into one with Neville and Ryuu.

"Oh by the way Neville this is Ryuu. I didn't tell you her name. Did I sorry." I said.

"Oh no problem. It's nice to meat you Ryuu. So what's your hole name?" He asked.

"Ryuu." She said.

"Kuro Ryuu." I said.

"Hay." She said shyly.

"It's ok. From now one you Kuro Ryuu." I said.

"What do you mean from now on?" He asked.

"She doesn’t really have a first name." I explained.

"Oh. So I guess I'll call you Kuro as well. What dose it mean?" He asked funnily.

"It means Dark." She said.

"Cool. Dark Ryuu." He said. "I'll call you Kuro though." He said with a large smile.

"Ok. Kuro Ryuu it is." She said. When the boats came to a stop we looked at a long staircase. When we got to the top it was so cool.

"This is were I leave you." Hagrid said. I was so anxious that only in a few minutes we were going to be sorted into our houses. A women walked out of the big doors that stand in front of us. I saw a toad on the ground.



"Trevor." Yelled Neville.

"Uhhhm." Said the women.

"Sorry." Neville said.

"You will be joining your future calls mates behind those doors soon. Now before you can join them you well be sorted. There are three houses Gryffindor Ravenclaw, Hufflepuf, and Slytherin. Now your houses will be like your family’s triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will loss points. I'll go see if there ready for you." She said.

"So its' true what there saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Said a blond boy.



"Well. Well if it isn't a Malfoy." I said.

"And what would you know about it." He asked.

"Well let's see Blond Arrogant and Cocky. You must be a Malfoy." I said. He simple glared.

"Yeah my name is Draco Malfoy." He said. Ron giggled.

"Think my name is funny. No need to ask yours. Red hair and hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley. But as for you girl I can't place you only thing I know about you is you sound like and American." He said.

"That's because I am and leave Ron alone." I said.

"Yeah before we have to make you." Ryuu said. I looked at her surprised.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others Potter. You wouldn't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he extended his hand to Harry.

"I think I cant tell the wronged sort for myself thank you." He said. The lady came back just then.

"There ready for you now." She said. As we walked in I knew that it was going to be beautiful. But I never thought it would that beautiful.

"It's not real the sealing. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts. A History." Hermione said.

"Miss know it all." I said.

"Your tell me." Ron said. Just then we finally looked up and saw all the stars and candles lining the roof. It was cool. I looked to see a hat standing on a chair.



"When I call your name. You come up and place the sorting hat on your head." The lady said. Just then I knew who she was. Professor McGonagall. My mom said she was the best Transfiguration teacher Hogwarts had. My mom learned to be a animages form her. My mom could transform into a otter. First of the names I knew was Hermione.

"Better be Gryffindor." The hat shouted. That was odd it could talk.

"Miss Ryuu." McGonagall yelled. Ryuu whispered something in her ear. "I mean Kuro Ryuu." She said with a smile. The hat sprang to life.

"Well let's see. A good mind. Oh what's this. Pure. Truly Pure. Oh you don't want them to know. Well any way. Gryffindor." The hat yelled. I worded what it meant by truly pure. Next was Ron.

"Ah another Weasley. I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor." The hat shouted. Another I looked to see Ron surrounded by a bunch of read heads. Family.

"Draco Malfoy."(I know I’m doing it out of order.) He walked up and it hadn't touched his head.

"Slythrin." The hat shouted.

"That's not a surprise." I said.

"Why not?" Harry said.

"There hasn't been a witch or wizard that hast gone bad that wasn't in Slytherin only my ante." I said.

"Your ante was Slythrin?" Harry asked.

"Yeah no one knew why.” I told him.

"Harry Potter." whispers flew around the hole hall. Pore Harry.

"Good luck." I said. He walked up.

"Ah. Courage I see. Not a bad mind ether but where to put you? Not Slytherin ah. They can help you on your way to greatness no drought about that. No. Better be Gryffindor." The hat said.

"Yes. Wait all of them are in Gryffindor. I have a one in a billion chance of getting that. My mom was in Huffelpuff. My dad was in Ravenclaw. The only person who was in it was my grandpa when he was in school." I looked at my feet. "Ante Jane was in Slythrin. But I don't want to be in that house. I've got to do this." I said and pulled out the necklace. I had it in my fist when.

"Mary Potter." I walked up to see Dumbledor. He was a good friend of my dad's.



"Ah. Now this is good. Darkness. Brains. Courage. OHHHHHHHH. Now this is good. Ever Purer then I have seen. But where should you go?" The hat was in my brain I could fell it. "Ummmmmmm. This is the hardest one I have to place yet. What do you think?" It said.

*(Thinking)I wish to be with my friends. But my family is of Ravenclaw. I don't know. I think. Gryffindor.*

"Gryffindor." The hat shouted. It lessened to me. I ran to my new house. My mom and dad were going to be happy I wasn't in Slythrin. I looked at all of my friends. And Hermione.

"Now that we have all been sorted. Dig in." Dumbledor said as he waved his hands. Ryuu looked at her plate.

"Meat." She said with a decussated face.

"Vegetarian?" I asked.

"Yes. I don't like meat." She said. Before we knew it happened Ron rook her plate and started to eat. A new plate appeared before her it was full of vegetables. "Yes." she said as she begin to dig in. I had chicken and potatoes and gravy on my plate. It was cool. The ghosts of the school showed up.

"Welcome first years my name is....."

"Your Sir Nickels." I said. before he could.

"Good Lord you know me." he said.

"I thought it was nearly headless Nick?" Ron said.

"Nearly headless how can you be nearly headless?" Asked Hermione. I turned my head down as not to see it.

"Ewwwwww." I herd four people say.

"Oh I know you." Said a girl ghost.

"I know you two. Your a Ravenclaw. Pleas don't tell." I said silently so as she wouldn't say it out loud.

"Alright." She said. She went right through me. It was cold and creepy.

"Creepy." Ron said.

"Your telling me." I said.

Then the dissert came I was almost full. So I didn't get sick I ate some Carrot cake. It wasn't bad at all. We ended by singing the School song which every one ended on a different note and time. It was ok. But I mean I loved to sing. It was odd not being unison. When we were done a read head that looked like a total prick said.



"First years pleas fallow me." He said.

"Percy the git. It think we would have know that." Ron said.

"You know him?" I asked.

"Know him. He's my brother. He became a prefect this year. So he thinks he's all cool." Ron replied.

"Funny." I said. We started to walk up to the grand stairs. Marble they were so cool. Pictures started to talk as we walked by. Ryuu and myself stopped and the group went a head a little.

"Pleas don't tell any of the students." We said in unison.

"What do you have to hide?" I asked.

"Nothing what do you?" Ryuu asked.

"I’m a Ravenclaw ok." I said looking at my feet.

"I’m a Gryffindor." She said.

"How do I know that’s true?” I asked. She pulled out a red lion necklace. I pulled out mine and we nodded at each other. The two of us walked up to were I supposed Gryffindor Tower was. The group had already gone in. I was afraid we wouldn’t git in.

"Locked out and first years at that." Said a red haired boy.

"How sad. So George do you we should help them?" Said another boy.

"Only if they if the know something Fred." He said.



"Ok. Let see. Who is the main player of the American Quidditch team?" The one called Fred asked. I giggled.

"Well that would be Alan Peterson. He's like 6' 7" brown hair and blue eyes." I said faking a English ascent.

"Now how in the world would you know that?" Asked the one called George.

"Simple. I’m an American." I said like I would normally.

"Cheat. Oh well Caput Draconis." Said the one called Fred.

"Thank you." I said.

We walked in to see Percy.

"Where have you been. Never mind off the bed. Your things are already in your rooms. The stair case to your right first one." He said. He then saw the boys.

"I see it was your doing." He said.

"No bro. We found them outside." Said Fred.

"We were kind and helped them in." Said George.

"Alright. Off to bed with all of you." Percy said.

"What a git." I said when I knew he was out of ear shot.

"Nice." Fred and George said at the same time. We went to our rooms to go to sleep. All of the other girls had. I looked to my bed. My owl Henry and my cat were both there. The two were waiting for me. Snickers jumped into my arms.

"You have two?" Asked Ryuu.

"Don't tell any one. I know were only suppose to bring one." I said.

"Don't worry." A snake slithered down her arm. Well an owl sat on her bed.

"Ok." I said. I knelled down to the small snake.

"Hello you." I said in pastltoung.

"I thought you said you were a Ravenclaw?" Ryuu said.

"I’m." I pulled off my robe and pulled up my sleeve on my left arm. To revel the wand shaped scar.

"So it's true another survived it. I thought it was a roomer." She said.

"Nope." I pulled it down.

"So how did you know what I said to it?" I asked.

"Now that I won't tell you." She said setting on her bed and closing the curtains. I would give for now. But I would find out. I looked to the bed I was going to sleep in. I let Henry. Out I watched tell I couldn't see his white body any longer. I closed the curtains on my bed and changed into my PJ's. I wouldn't be able to sleep. I thought. I looked at my cat. Who had fallen asleep. I got into the covers and fell asleep as soon as possible. I was comfortable. I had a dream of a women changing from a cat into a women. I wondered what it was about.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment