Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A dream. A new day begins.

The story of the only other one who lived the Avasa Kadavra curse. Mary Jane Potter.

Chapter 3 - A dream. A new day begins.

Chapter 3 - A dream. A new day begins.
I gave up on asking about why Ryuu could speak to Snakes like myself. I changed into PJ's. Then layed down wondering what the next day would be like. I slowly drifted into a slumber.

Dream's

I saw a Chess board. And five kids on it. The faces they were blurry. Then I saw a face. Not a face more like a figment on someone’s head. The back of it. It had slits for a nose. Eyes that made me nervous. Flames. Then I felt my arm start to burn as it did from time to time. The man that the face was on was flying strait toward me.

Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I woke up breathing heavily. I hated those dreams. I always had them. I cursed the day I ever got the power of be a Divination holder. My mom before me. My grandma before her and so forth and so forth. I could always see things that I didn't want to. Now I had to keep in that something horrible was going to happen soon.

Ryuu: Are you alright? You just started screaming.

Me: I’m fine. Did I wake you up?

Ryuu: A little. But I'm worried. What happened?

Me: Nothing. Just a bad dream.

Ryuu: It's a good thing you woke us up when you did it's time to eat. We get our class schedules after. I can't wait.

Me: I can't wait tell third year?

Ryuu: Why?

Me: I like Divinations. We don't get to take that class tell third year.

Ryuu: You like Divinations?

Me: Yeah. Just a silly thing.

Ryuu: So do they read the stars and things?

Me: Yeah. Crystal balls and tealeaves. It's all good fun.

We got dressed in the bath room next to the room. I pulled out a pair of pants today. I hated skirts. I only wore them if I had to. Dumbledore had told my mom and dad it was fine. As long as I’m still in uniform it doesn't matter if It's pants or skirts. I got so they were plane black pants not dress pants. I slipped on my snickers and walked out to see Ryuu read to go. I brushed my hair and pulled it back into a nice ponytail. Today instead of taking the necklace my father gave me I wore my favorite one. It was a crystal heart on a silver chain. It had the letter M engraved in it. My Grandmother gave it to me when I was young as a birthday present. I loved it. We walked down to the great hall to see all sorts of food for breakfast. I sat there eating my oatmeal and toast when someone through jam on my face. I looked up to see a ghost my dad told me about. His name was Peeves. Ryuu looked up at him with a death glair. He just kind of left. Fred and George thought it would be fun so they flicked some at my face after I wiped off the one from Peeves. I flicked some oatmeal at them both. Hitting them strait in the eyes. They both didn't talk to me after that.

Ryuu: That was rude of you.

Me: They got what was coming to them.

Ron: Brilliant.

Me: Thank you.

Ron: So you guy's going to get the class schedules?

Me: Yeah.

We stood up and walked to get the first year Gryffindor schedules. Double Potions our first day with the Slythrins. I looked around to see a tall boy. He had brown hair and brown eyes.

Boy: Hello.

Me: Hello Cid.

We all walked away.

Ryuu: You know him?

I thought back to the diagon ally. Cid had brought me to get my wand. (Black rosewood. 12" Raven feather and a Phoenix tail feather*Cool wand I made up*)

Cid:Pleas don't tell any one were Cousins?

Me: But why?

Cid:Because if any one finds out about you. They'll be wanting to know all about you. And who better to ask then your cousin. I don't want to be that popular.

Me: About me what?

Cid:That you survived you know who's attack.

Me: Ok. I promise. I won't tell anyone.

Cid:Thanks.

I looked to Ryuu. She probably wanted to know.

Me: Family friend.

Ron: Isn't he like a forth year?

Me: Yeah he is. Huffelpuff.

Ron: Cool.

We split from Ron so he could go find Harry. Ryuu and my self went looking for Professor McGonagall's class. We found it just in time for the chimes to say we had to be to class rung. I looked to the front to see a tabby cat sitting on her desk. I smiled to my self.

Ryuu: Where is she?

Me: Ummmm. You'll see.

As soon as Ron and Harry walked in she made her being known.

Ron: Whew made it. Can you image the look on McGonagall’s face if we were late?

Harry: Yeah.

The cat jumped off the desk and on to the floor and quickly turned into McGonagall.

Ron: That was bloody brilliant.

McGonagall: Thank you for that easement Mr.Weasley. Maybe I should transform Mr. Potter or your self into a pocket watch. Maybe that way one of you might be one time.

Ron: Well what it is.

Harry: We got lost.

McGonagall: Then maybe a map. I suppose you don't need one to find your seats.

That class went by swimmingly.

Days passed and we soon got to know many of the things about Hogwarts it was like a maze.

Neville: So you guy's ready for Potions?

Me: No. Extra time with the Slythrins. I mean common. How much pain can you put us through.

Ryuu: Your funny.

We all went to our classes before that one. History of magic. It was kind of fun. Then Potions.

Me: Here we are the dungeons.

Ryuu: Yep.

Neville: So shall we go in.

Me: I don't know. Maybe?

Ryuu: Were going.

She grabbed me and Neville's arms and pulled us in. We sat around a caldron with A girl named Lavender Brown. That is when a man with Black hair and a greasy nose walked in.



Neville: That's Professor Snape.

Snape took roll call. He passed on Harry’s name then when he got to mine. He looked at me. He grinned. Creepy.

Snape: You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making.

I just wanted to walk up to him and wash his nose. It was gross.

Snape: As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with it's shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses....I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper in death if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

Wow. That was a long speech. But he had no problem keeping every students eyes on him.

Snape: Harry Potter. What would I get if I added Powdered root of asphodel to and infusion of wormwood?

Myself, Ryuu and Hermione raised our hands. Me hesitating to do so. I didn't want to look like to much of a Geek.

Harry: I don't know sir.

Snape: Clearly fame isn't everything. But let's try this again. Potter where would you look if I told you to find me a Bezoar?

Once more we all raised our hands. Only this time I thought I could answer it.

Harry: I don't know sir.


Snape: Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming eh Potter? What is the difference, Potter between monkshood and wolfsbane?

Harry: I don't know. I think they do thought. You might as well ask them.

Snape: Set down.

He was talking to Hermione who was jumping out of her seat.

Snape: What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood? Ms. Potter?

Me: It would make a sleeping potion so powerful it is know as the draught of Livening dead.

Snape: Good. Where would you look if I told you to find me a Bezoar? Ms. Ryuu?

Ryuu: It's a stone taken form the stomach of a goat. It will save you from most poisons.

Snape: Good. Now the both of you. What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?

Me and Ryuu: They are the same plant. It also goes by the name of aconite.

Snape: Well aren't you all writing this down.

Many people were rummaging through backpacks for quills and parchment.

Snape: Now a point will be taken from Gryffindor house for your classmates Cheek. But I will give you two points for the correct answers from Ms. Ryuu and Ms. Potter.

Things didn't really look up after that much. Harry was always being picked on. I was always asked questions by Snape. Snape also always pointed out that Malfoy was so great at mixing the positions. Neville had been sent to the hospital wing in that class because of Seamus Finagin’s potion. When class was over we all walked up the out of the Dungeons. Harry told us all about going to Hagrid’s for tea.

Me: I hate that class.

Ryuu: I think it was ok.

Ron: Yeah well you didn't have Snape berating down your neck the hole time.

Me: He's just always asking me things. As well as being so mean to Harry.

Harry: Yeah what's his problem?

Me: No clue.

When we arrived for tea at Hagrid’s we had lots of fun. I pet his dog Fang well giving him my Rock things. We told him all about our first few days. Soon Harry saw the latest Daily Prophet. He started to read it.

Harry: Hagrid that Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday! It might have been happening while we were there!

Hagid didn't anwser Harry. Vault 713. I had seen a man and boy standing outside that on my way to our vault. We had come so close to meating in Diagon ally it wasn't funny. I felt like Harid was keeping something from all of us. He would tell soon as it he figured it all out. I could fell it. When it started to get dark we all went to eat Dinner. Then off to do homework. I got mine done.

Me: Friday. Finally a week end off.

Harry: Yeah.

Ryuu: Good. I can use time to sleep in. That is if you don't go screaming in your sleep again Mary.

Ron: So that was you?

Me: Sorry. I just had a bad dream.

Ron: Oh.

Harry: So what do you guy's want to do?

Me and Ron: We can play wizard Chess.

Me: You like wizards Chess?

Ron: Yeah. You do?

Me: Love it.

Ron: Cool.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment