Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Bargain

A new breed of bender teams up with a banished Prince to save her old village, but both of them have their own selfish plan. Can this girl and her friends really save the world, and can they make the fire prince turn around? (oc/zuko)(other pairings?) .. goes with my fanart

Chapter 3 - Bargain

Chapter 3 - Bargain
[Banishment 3: Bargain]

"Don't mess with my crew" The voice echoed manically in my ear and the grip on my arms tightened. Again, I growled, my eyes lowering into a cold glare at nothingness. "Let go." I managed to say through gritting teeth. "Since you killed one of my men, it is only right that I return the favor." I could feel his grip get hotter, though it never tightened or slackened. "Don't even dare." This boy was getting personal. He was not going to even TOUCH one of my friends. And if he did, I would make sure that he never feels again. "No? Well then, let my men go and I'll spare your friends." I nodded, but continued glaring. Rage built up in me as I felt the vulnerability settle in me. As the last of his men walked out he released me and pushed me forward, away from my weapons. As I turned to face him, I noticed that he was a boy, as I expected, no more than sixteen. Taking in his feature a brilliant red scar covered half his face, from him eye to his ear. Then I recognized him as Zuko, the banished firebending Prince. My mouth was now gaped, matching his expression. I shook myself out of my shock, not even contemplating why he would seem so astonished. I smirked as I stared at him. "Ah, ladies. It seems that we are in the presence of royalty," I could feel their smirks behind me as my voice rang in melody. "And how would you know that, peasant?" He asked with a scowl. Part of me took offense to this comment, but I just let it pass. "The golden trim on your jacket. The fact you already have your own crew at the age of sixteen means that you are very high up on the firenation foodchain," I half lied, the coy smile never leaving my face. "The smug look doesn't hurt either" Mori mocked in my thoughts. My smile only grew. I began to pace forward to retrieve my swords that we lying at his feet. Confusion again raised in his face every step that I took. I dropped down to my knees as if in reverence to him. I picked up my blades while down there. "Get up." He said with a scowl, but I could detect a hint of smugness in his voice. I arose, clashing my blades for emphasis that I was not weak. Then I drew my eyes back into his colder ones, ice radiating off my colorless ones. "You see, your majesty," he cringed, "I am no simple present." He raised his eyebrow in question. "As a firebender I take it you are searching for the Avatar, the last Airbender. Am I correct?" I got no response, so I continued knowing I was right, "Well wouldn't your overlord be pleased with the capture of the final shadowbender?" I brought my shadow up and contorted it to caress his face. He shivered from the cold touch. "Why would you freely give yourself to me?" He asked, skeptical. "In exchanged." I said, sheathing my sword and turning to walk back to my friends. As my back was turned to the Prince I winked at them. "For what?" "Leave this town alone. Do not let your men terrorize the good people that make a living and serve you with no prejudice. And, you shall not harm any of my friends, nor your crew, as long as my presence is with you. Deal?" I stuck out my hand for a shake to bind us. He thought for a moment, then glared at me, searching for any sign that he could not trust me. He never found it and he let out and almost inaudible sigh. "Deal." We shook, and his hand felt welcomingly warm against mine. Our eye contact was never faltered. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ I followed him and his uncle onto their small, iron, navy ship. I looked down at my friends and I could see the feign sorrow in their eyes. Follow me. I look deeply at Mori. Of course. She nodded.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment