Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Training

This story explains the origin of an OC I'm working on. I'll get pics of all the characters up eventually.  
Characters listed:
weavelthecyborg
-Nightmare
Crystal666
-Mercury
-Crystal
Kouni46892742
-Naranai

Chapter 8 - Training

Chapter 8 - Training
On the way to the training room, I morphed back into my mutated from, and Max, Charlotte, and I decided that we would call each other by our real names in "human" form, and our new names in "powered-up" form. I noticed that Adrian had installed communicators in each of our left ears. Just for laughs, I went back to Mike form, and realized it was still there. We arrived, and the training room was a gigantic steel bunker with a few cameras, most likely to record our progress.
 
Mike- Lock and load, people. It's time to see what these new bodies can do.
Max & Charlotte- Yes Sir!
 
We all transformed, and I first wanted to test my new eye out. So, I focused on giving it the ability to analyze and copy moves I had seen. I felt it changing slightly, so I assumed it worked. My armour was clean and shiny, so I used it as a makeshift mirror. My eye appeared to have taken on the appearance of a Sharingan, but it was green instead of red. The rest of the eye was black, like the rest of the armour. I looked at the computer, and sure enough, in the eye area, it read "Sharingan". This simple experiment proved that I could now create my own weapons if I concentrated hard enough. I loaded up the rockets and chainguns, then a thought hit me.
 
Nightmare (on communicator)- Hey Adrian, you there?
Adrian- Yes, I'm here. What is it Nightmare?
Nightmare- Where's the ammo for this stuff?
Adrian- Right, right. I forgot. You don't need any ammo. When we modified your DNA, we added a feature that allows your body to generate the ammo you need.
Nightmare- Sweet.
Adrian- Give it a try.
 
I let loose with the chainguns, riddling the walls with bullet holes. Mercury raised an arm and fired a wall of bullets made of mercury. Crystal was experimenting with a shielding ability.
 
Crystal- I think I've got the hang of this shield now. Nightmare, please shoot the shield with me inside it.
Nightmare- Why do you have to be inside it when I shoot?
Crystal- Because it covers me- I can't project it on anyone else yet.
Nightmare- If you insist.
 
I raised my left arm, and waited. She made a decent enough LOOKING shield, after all, she was completely surrounded in a diamond of ice, but we would see just how strong it was.
 
Nightmare- Ready?
Crystal- Yes, shoot please.
 
After half a second of rotating to warm up, the many barrels on my wrist began spitting out bullets at a mind-boggling rate. Each one took a miniscule chunk out of the diamond. 500 rounds later, I didn't even make a dent in it. I stopped the spinning.
 
Nightmare- Bloody HELL, that thing is tough!
Crystal- Don't stop there! Fire a rocket!
Mercury- This is unreal!
Nightmare- Here it comes! One standard rocket.
 
That thing took a decent chunk out, but Crystal was still unharmed. Unfortunately, I noticed that Mercury's hair began to melt.
 
Nightmare- Crap. Since you're half mercury now, I think I've melted you!
Crystal- I've got an idea.
 
Crystal blasted Mercury with a concentrated shot of cold. Her hair resolidified.
 
Nightmare- Thats was close. Hey, why are you still melting?
Mercury- You're hand is on fire.
 
Holy crap, it was! The flame seemed to cover my cybernetic hand with another layer of armour. A thought crossed my mind...
 
Nightmare- Hey Mercury, can you resume human form again? I would like to see what this thing can do without injuring you.
Max- Already did.
Nightmare- Now for a test.
 
I moved my flaming hand closer to her, but it seemed to have no effect.
 
Nightmare- Cool. I can't melt you in human form.
 
Turns out, this flame was a new weapon! I could manipulate it at will, it could become a flaming sword, a cannon, or just a claw. No matter what form it was in, it was unbreakable and burned whatever it scratched. I put it out, satisfied.
 
Mercury- I wonder if you can do that without melting me.
Nightmare- I just did.
Mercury- I mean, when I'm like this.
Nightmare- I think I got it. Hey Crystal, how cold can you make something?
Crystal- Absolute zero.
Nightmare- Could you hit this claw?
Crystal- Power it up, and don't blink.
 
She blasted it, and it became a blue flame. I held it up to Mercury. Nothing at all. 
 
Nightmare- I shall call it... Ice flames!
Adrian- Squad 14, report to mess hall, now. We've found someone to fill Robert's spot.
 
As we walked down in human form, we wondered who the newest member of our squad could be, thinking that no one could ever truly replace Robbie. We entered the hall.
 
Adrian- Squad 14, meet the new guy.
 
Bloody hell, the "new guy" wasn't a guy at all! She was a brunette, but had some blonde streaks in her hair. I could sense some fear in her emerald eyes.
 
Brunette- H-hello. My n-name used to be Sh-shina. They ca-call me Si-sigma 688. Or Na-naranai. Th-that works t-too.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kouni46892742 on March 10, 2007, 9:21:39 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742kewl! It's Naranai! Woo!!!