Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dawn, her life alone

this is a little bit of her past.

Chapter 1 - Dawn, her life alone

Chapter 1 - Dawn, her life alone

Chapter 1
On the night if the red moon.

It was a dark night as the red moon shone brightly over the grounds of the clearing were Dawn played with her Brother StromBringer. Watched over by thier pround parents, Sliver moon and Gray smoke. Dawn had white fur with orchird wings sprouting from her shoulder blades. she had blue eyes that sparkeled with excitment as she plaied with her brother who had charcol black fur and emerald green eyes, with pure white wings that also sprouted from his shoulder blades like his sister's Dawn. Silver moon smiles at them as she had fur as white as snow and wings of the deepest purple. her soft golden eyes were full of life as she watched her pups play. Gray smoke smiled at his mate as he liked her cheek softly his grey fur was soft and smooth. he had leathry wings that were black like the midnight sky on a monless night. his eyes were a light green. he closes his eyes and nuzzled Silver.
Dawn gets up and tackles her brother playfuly. though she stopped pinning him down and sniffed the air then she hid behind her mothr followed by Storm. she looked at the trees surrounding them and thier father growled. Dawn was scared as she shoke on fear smelling human hunters.
Storm shoke next to her as she staied there crounched down as sevral hunters came out of the trees and looked at the wolves, her father stepped up and growled loudly. Unfurling his wings and pulling back his upper lip in a snarl. The hunters cock thier guns and watch him as his fur bristles. Dawn watched them then hid her face from the fight soon to begin and Strom tries to comfert her. He was also tring to calm himself for his sister's sake.
Silver moon looks at her pups and then to the hunters pinning her ears back and Grey jumps at the Hunters catching one by the troat and pulling his windpipe out of his troat and then he lets go and slashes at anouther ones chest. ripping it open with his claws. blood scattering across the ground. Grey Smoke snarls at the othr three and snaps his jaws loudly and fircely. His muzzle was covered in blood already as he approched one of the hunters snarling loudly.
Grey smoke lundged out and slashed at his face scarign his eye and he was pulled off of the hunter and trown into a tree by the othr two then he got up shaking his head and growls. One of the hunter shot Dawn's father with a dart into his left hind leg and her father's eye lids drooped as he grew tierd and fell to the ground asleep and beaten. Then the hunters turned to Silver and she growled quietly and flared her wings. then hunter who had got slashed on the eye cocked his gun again and fired. Silver let out a high pitched yelp. blood spurting from her gun wound as she fell. it had killed her instandly as she was shot in the heart. Dawn wimpers and starts to run.
She runs as fast as she could beating her small wings. Storm had already goten into the air and he flew off as a gust of wing lifted Dawn up catching the air under her wings and she flew higher narrowly missing bullets as they zoomed past her and Dawn cried. her family now gone she was alone. for the frist time in her life. she would have to fend for herself


Chaper 2
A Few years have pasted into fall

Dawn woke up on breezy morning in a forest were the leaves were the colors of fall. Brown, orange, red, and yellow. Dawn looked around and stode up strechign her long legs. and yawned the very tip of her tounge curlign befor she closed her jaws and sniffed the air her mosit black nose picking up sents of other wolves that had been her a few days befor her and sevral deer 30 feet to her left. She sighed and padded into the forest. Her body had become stronger and muscular. from bring a long wolf she had fought for her life sing handedly from beers and the cold chill of winter without other to help keep her warm. her heart was heavy with greving for her lost family. one that she longed to have whole once more. but that was never possiable was her mother was dead and her dad was taken away by humans. - "Thoughs ungly monsters."- she tought and raised her head to look around again. Her eyes burned for revenge though she seemed to have an inner peace and awn held herself high with each coming day she face her will and determonation grew stronger.
Dawn padded trough the forest. the temperture was getting colder and her prey was running low. so she ate all that she could for now. She hid behind a bush ten feet from the nearet deer creaping closer but stoping when the deers looked around. untill she was five feeet fromt he close one did she strike. grabbing the deer's soft neck with her powerful jaws and she trashed her head wildly the the others ran away from her and she lifted her body up and pushed down on it's neck so it fell down and it;s spinalcord broke as well at it's neck killing it.
She ate the meat not having found prey for sevral days. she was very hungry and a little thin. Dawn finshed after scrapign the carcus clean and she padded around looking for water. at lest that would not run from her as she looked around she felt very loney. her limbs were tired even tough she had sleept peacefuly. She sighed and crounded down at a small stream and diped her head low to the surface and laped up the water with her tounge and closed her eyes as she drank. quenching her thirst with the cool river water. Some parts of th rivers were frozen so it was becomign harder and harder to find water that was not dirty. she didn't like the taste of dirty water. Dawn avoided campsites and cities.
Dawn stode up and shoke her head then she began to run around serching for others that mine take her in to make a pack or becoem part of thier pack. she wanted to have sompany on her jounries as she traveled. She could fly but didn't liek to at his time. it was hard to as there were no good thermals to ride on. Also birds were swaming the skys as they mirgated. Dawn jumped over a fallen rotten log that smelled of moss and other pungent fumes that did not please her sences. her wings were not a dark shade of black to help keep her warm as she traved in the winter were at times she might have gone a full week with out food.
She stoped looking over a large feild filled with small mammels. Rabbits, mice, and phesants. She bolted off into the meadow and took as long of strides as she could her legs going to thier fullest extant. her powerful legs pushing her forward three feet each time. Dawn sniffs the air and smells little rabbits all around her. but she resisted the urge to chase after them and kill them for food later on. She pushed herself to go faster and she jumped over a forzen river and stoped panting standing there she looks around and sighs. her breath appering in a cloud. Dawn starts to pad off into a new forest.

Chapter 3
Others are out there, I'm going to find them...

She looks around and flicks her tail slightly. her blue eyes scanning the ground. she lowered her head and sniffed inhaling the sents of other inhabitaints. Including a fresh sent of wolves here. a whole pack by the smell left in the earth. She perked her ears up and looks around sniffing the air to find out witch way they went. she went to her right and started to run again. when she reached the sent they weren't there by the sent changed diretion. shewent to anouther dead end but met up with a grizzly bear. It stode on it's hind paws and Dawn gasped and backed off her ears pinnd back and she dashed off. not willing to fight with a bear right now.
Dawn ran faster and stop to were she couldn't smell the bear but in her fear she had lost the sent of the wolves and she sighed looking around her museles were growing weak with each day. she laied down after finding a large empty badger burrow and laid down to take a quick nap. She fell asleep and her dreams carried her to the night were she had barly espaced from the hunters. in her sleep she twisted and turned wining. This nightmare had ben hounting her dreams for over a wek now and kept her from sleeping the way should like too. she woke up with a stat and hit her head on the low ceiling then crawled out of the burrow then streched out her limbs from being cramped in that burrow.
She started off and looked around the forest floor serchign for fresh paw print. tough to her dismay she only found deer prints that were alest a few days old. Dawn shivered and continued to walk along in the forest alone. As she had always ben. Her mind wondered if she would ever catch up with others of her own kind. She padded out faster and slipped on a river that had a thin layer of ice, she steped out and shoke her paws then jumped over it and her left paw sunk down a little bit into a slightly bigger wolf paw print. Her eyes brighened and she set off at a trot.

Chapter 4
A New Life begins for Dawn

Dawn followed the track till she saw a pack of wolves, most feamles. she smiled and approched slowly, a few turned thier head toward her as she approched and one came up to her, the wolf was slightly bigger then me and I looked at her. her eyes were green and she had grey black fur. She pined her ears back a little as the wolf looked at her.-"Who are you and what are you doing here and our Territory?" -she asked and Dawn asked shakily.-"I'm Dawn and I'm just a travler. aybe you might concider leting me jion you're pack? I would like to. I have been alone for four years." The wolf shruged. "I'll think on it." -Dawn smiled to herself a little bi then she paded a few feet away from the pack to let them talk in over.
She waited till the wolf came up to her again." You may jion. You're job has already beasinged as a hunter." -Dawn followed the wolf into the area were the pack was and she was greeted with a few licks form a few wolfs. Dawn looked at the pack. she smiled and sat down with a small group who were talking.-"Hello, I'm Dawn Runner, tough you guys could call me Dawn for short." -she said as they started to quiet down. "I'm Hige." A female brown wolf said smiling to Dawn. "Nice to meet you Dawn." A grey wolf said. "My name is Autumn. and this is Goth." Autumn noded towards a black wolf with tattos on her upper arms. white tipped ears and tail. "Nice to meet you all."




The
End

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

winged_wolf_of_the_sky on October 13, 2005, 2:56:12 PM

winged_wolf_of_the_sky on
winged_wolf_of_the_skyThanks Blaze, I got to tired to add more about her and her past. Hige's compy won't let her comment :( thats to sad.

GoddessOfTheWolves on September 30, 2005, 2:00:25 PM

GoddessOfTheWolves on
GoddessOfTheWolvesvery nice Dawn! ^_^

~*Blaze*~