Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - chapter 18

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 18 - chapter 18

Chapter 18 - chapter 18
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Naruto,” Kakashi said, “this is no joking matter. One screw up and it’s all over. And we have more pressing matters than your little games right now. The Suna army is preparing to march. There seems to be an uproar about the marriage.”

Sakura’s eyes widened in horror as she loosened her grip on Sasuke. “What?”

“It appears that someone found out that we’re planning on getting you out of here.” Kakashi said.

“What’s going to happen?” Sakura asked, her face showing the fear that gripped her stomach.

“We’re not sure.” Sasuke said. He too had loosened his grip on Sakura. His arm was loosely around her waist.

“They’re probably going to march within the next twenty minutes. They’re right at the forest line. You can see them from here.” Kakashi said. “We can’t move Sakura until they make a move. It would be too easy to spot her.”

“Oh.” Sakura’s face paled.

“Naruto, I suggest you go prepare four horses to ride.” Kakashi said. “We may need to leave at any minute.”

“But what about Iruka?” Naruto asked worriedly.

“I doubt anyone will be coming to the stables. There’s too much to do at hand. Although, I wish we had left shadow clones, Sasuke. But it’s too late now.” Kakashi said. Naruto nodded his head and went and did as he was told.

“Hn.” was Sasuke’s only reply. His concern right now was getting Sakura out of here safely.

“Sasuke.” Sasuke looked down to see said girl looking up at him. She looked terrified, and her face could rival that of a ghost’s.

“It’s ok, Sakura. I’m going to get you out of here safely, if it’s the last thing that I do. I promise you that.” Sasuke said. Sakura’s face had a little bit of color comeback to it at this statement, but she looked no less terrified. Just then, shouts could be heard from outside. The sounds of commands being given to the Konoha knights and soldiers, and the yells of the men in response. It sounded as if battle were eminent. And it would occur any minute now. Naruto came back upstairs shortly, reporting what he had managed to hear through the thinner wooden walls of the horse quarters.

“Evidently someone over heard you guys making plans in the garden. And that someone who overheard you was Kankuro, the prince’s brother, and also the leader of Suna’s army. They tried to work things out, but evidently the king slapped your shadow clone, and it disappeared. Now both armies are preparing for battle.” Naruto said grimly.

“As soon as the first sounds of battles are heard, we go downstairs. Our top priority is getting Sakura out of here. If she’s caught, we’re all dead. Got it?” Kakashi said, issuing orders. Sasuke and Naruto nodded, and Sakura felt Sasuke’s grip on her waist tighten just a little bit, which Naruto didn’t fail to notice either.

“Afraid someone’s going to come and take her from you, Sasuke?” Naruto teased. How he could tease Sasuke at a time like this was beyond the others, but Kakashi quickly put a stop to it with a sharp look at Naruto. They waited the rest of the time in silence, with Sakura gripping the sack she had, and resting her head on Sasuke’s shoulder. They didn’t have to wait long, however, for soon battle cries were heard from the outdoors, and the screams of the wounded were heard.

“Let’s move.” Kakashi said. He went down first, followed by Naruto, then Sakura, then Sasuke. When they were downstairs, Kakashi turned towards them. “Sasuke, you’re going to make sure Sakura gets out of here by sticking with her no matter what, got it? And Naruto, you and I are going out first, and we’re going to try and clear the way for Sakura to escape. You’ll be going towards the opposite ends of the ground, where Kiba is, if you remember, Sakura.” They all nodded, and Kakashi and Naruto mounted their horses, while Sasuke opened the door enough so that they could get out, then quickly shut it again.

“Are you ready?” Sasuke asked.

“Not really, but what choice do I have?” Sakura replied.

“None.” Sasuke said as he led one of the two remaining horses over to Sakura. He then helped her mount it, and took the reins of his own horse as well as Sakura’s into his hands.

“Aren’t you riding out, Sasuke?” Sakura asked, looking worried.

“I can’t open the door and be on the horse at the same time.” Sasuke replied.

“Alright.” Sakura said, sounding unsure.

“As soon as I open the door, ride out. Don’t go to fast, but don’t sit and wait for me. I’ll catch up in a few seconds.” Sasuke said while Sakura nodded. Sasuke led the horses over to the doors, and Sasuke reached for the wooden board that blocked it into place. He then slid it over, and with a quick glance at Sakura, pushed the door open. Sakura immediately exited. Sasuke quickly mounted his horse and kicked it into a gallop. He caught up to Sakura in a matter of seconds. Kakashi and Naruto had managed to clear a small path for them, but they surely didn’t go unnoticed by some of the knights.

“There’s the princess!” A Suna knight yelled.

“And she’s with that Uchiha knight!” Another yelled. Sasuke realized that it wouldn’t be long before they were after them.

“Sakura!” he yelled. She looked at him. “Speed up; they’ll be after us at any second!” Sakura merely nodded as she forced her horse to go faster. Sasuke looked behind him and saw one knight coming after them, but when he looked more closely, he saw that it wasn’t just anyone wearing that armor, it was Prince Gaara himself. He was a ways in the distance, but Sasuke still knew that they had no chance against him. He quickly stopped his horse, and Sakura stopped hers as well. She turned to look at Sasuke.

“Sasuke…?” She asked, out of breath from riding.

“Sakura, its Gaara coming after us. We’ll both never make it.” Sasuke said as he dismounted his horse and walked over to Sakura’s horse.

“But can’t we try?” She asked him desperately. He shook his head.

‘There’s no possible way.” Sasuke said. He pulled Sakura’s head down so that he could kiss her, and did so, one last time before preparing to leave. “Sakura, you know that I love you.”

“I love you, too, Sasuke.” She said sadly. He grabbed her hand, as he prepared to remount his horse and double back to slow Gaara.

“Here, you might need this. You never know how long you’ll be able to get by with the money you have.” Sasuke said, he placed something cool around Sakura’s wrist, and she looked down to see the bracelet snapped into place. “Now go! Quick!” Sasuke yelled, but before Sakura had a chance to urge her horse forward, a familiar breeze picked up, and was shortly followed by a white light. Sakura clutched the sack that was in front of her, hoping that what she thought was happening was truly happening. She looked at Sasuke, who in turn looked back to her. They started swirling around in the wind. Sakura closed her eyes, and when she opened them back up, she was standing in her doorway, looking at Sasuke, Kakashi and Naruto.

“We’re home.” She whispered.

“We are.” Kakashi said, as if confirming his student’s words.

“How did we get back?” Naruto asked.

Sakura looked at Sasuke. “Well, Sasuke put the bracelet on my wrist, fastened it, and then that wind picked up…and here we are.”

“Seriously?” Naruto asked. “That’s all? He put a bracelet on your wrist, and we were home?”

“Ya.” Sasuke said.

“I can’t believe it.” Sakura said, as she recounted the events of the past few days, or had it even been days here? She didn’t care, she and her team were home, and that was all that she cared about. She looked at her friends, who were just looking at her. It was then that she realized that the sack was still clutched in her hands. “Oh!” She exclaimed, looking at it.

As if noticing it for the first time, Naruto asked, “Sakura, what’s in that sack?”

“Well, food, and…I’m not sure.” Sakura said.

“Let’s go inside so that you can open it.” Kakashi said.

Sakura nodded as she led her friends into her house, and sat down on the couch. She then opened the drawstrings and gasped at what she saw. She pulled out a dress, but not just any dress, it was the wedding dress that had been made for the princess. As she pulled it out, a note fluttered to the ground. Sakura picked it up and read it.

Sakura,
You said that this is what you always wanted your wedding dress to look like. I’m sure that the real princess would have wanted you to have it. I know I was supposed to put food in this bag, but I thought that this was more important. I don’t know if it will actually be able to go back to the future with you, but until you find out, it’s yours. I want to thank you for being such a great friend while you were here. Hopefully you’ll get to wear this soon. Good luck with the rest of your life,
Ino


Tears of happiness came to Sakura’s eyes as she read the note. “Thank you.” She whispered silently. Just silently enough so that no one else could hear her.

“A dress?” Naruto asked. “That’s boring. Anyways, is anybody else hungry? I’m starved! And going all those days without ramen means we have to go to Ichiraku! Come on you guys!” Naruto said as he jumped up. No one protested as Kakashi followed him out the door, Sakura laid the dress on the couch gingerly and looked at it for a second before preparing to follow them as well, when she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Sasuke.

“Sakura, would you maybe…I don’t know…like to go out with me sometime?” He asked.

“I’d love to, Sasuke.” Sakura said, as she grabbed his hand, causing him to blush for a second, and then she followed her other two friends out the door.

A/N: I’m going to cry! It’s over! I want to thank everyone who’s followed this story so much for reviewing, and being there for me during the rough times I’ve gone through. I’d also like to thank anybody who’s ever reviewed this story! Without you guys, I would have most likely stopped writing after chapter 2. I’m pretty sure that this has been my longest chapter, which seems fitting for the end. I hope that you guys liked it. Reviews are much appreciated, and have been throughout this entire story!

Comments

Comments (35)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KonanxItachi on July 9, 2009, 5:43:27 PM

KonanxItachi on
KonanxItachiomg i knew wat was in the bag! lol loved it even though im an anti sasusaku i loved it! great job!!!!

winxgirl21 on July 26, 2009, 8:17:46 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! it really means a lot to hear that from someone who's anti-sasusaku! lol. =)

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on June 2, 2008, 8:16:40 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDLoved it! The whole story was brilliant, i read it all in one go, i was hooked so bad!

winxgirl21 on June 2, 2008, 8:20:27 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'm so glad to hear that! =)

PinkAngel101 on November 13, 2007, 3:12:33 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101AWWW IT OVER .... IT ...WAS... RAD!!!!!!!

winxgirl21 on November 13, 2007, 8:37:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks!! ^-^

kogalover2013 on November 8, 2007, 1:52:01 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg lol my inner sakura wud deffently faint aaaaaa[faint]

winxgirl21 on November 8, 2007, 11:18:56 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^ Thanks so much for reviewing the story!

GreyPichu on October 13, 2007, 12:45:02 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG!i think i was crying for the entire second half of the stroy!^^IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!btw,can't wait for Konoha High:The Homecomeing to be updated!

winxgirl21 on October 13, 2007, 12:53:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much! I'm actually trying to work on the next chapter for taht, now. I'm having some difficulties with make it go the way i want, though. lolz.

NightWing101 on October 5, 2007, 5:43:18 AM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101That was wonderful!!!!!

winxgirl21 on October 5, 2007, 7:22:24 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks bunches! ^-^

PinkAngel101 on October 5, 2007, 5:15:50 AM

PinkAngel101 on
PinkAngel101O FUDGE ITS OVER....... IT WAS A AEWSOME STORY!!

winxgirl21 on October 5, 2007, 7:20:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks so much!

sasukeXsakuraforever on October 2, 2007, 11:31:56 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverBEAUTIFUL!! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! What a way to end a lovely story, VERY GOOD JOB!!! *gives you the Gai and Lee thumbs up as my teeth sparkle*

winxgirl21 on October 3, 2007, 3:39:35 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much! And thanks for always reviewing it! ^-^

kagome99 on October 1, 2007, 5:44:13 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99AHHHHHHHHHHH!SO ADORABLE!!I LUVED THE WHOLE ENTIRE THING.
TT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!

winxgirl21 on October 1, 2007, 7:37:36 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much! And thanks for always giving me positive reviews! Ya, it's sad taht it's over...

AlleyCat17 on September 30, 2007, 1:30:29 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow awesome chapter and awesome story.and i so loved the last chapter i so saw it coming when he gave her the bracele.now if you don't mind i got to go back to crying my eyes out.*cry's out*

winxgirl21 on September 30, 2007, 4:50:30 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks so much for reviewing for the entire thing! ^-^ And I'm crying too...TT-TT i can't believe it's over. I'm just glad that everyone has liked it so much.