Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 3 - chapter 3

Chapter 3 - chapter 3
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

Just as Sakura threw the last towel into the washing machine, her mother walked into the kitchen. Sakura ran out of the laundry room quickly, shutting the door as quietly as possible behind her. Her mother didn’t seem to notice her, because she was too amazed looking around the kitchen.

“Did you girls do this?” Mrs. Haruno asked looking around.

“Ummm…” The girls muttered as the fidgeted. Was ‘this’ a good thing, or a bad thing?

“You girls saved Mimi and I a whole lot of work next week.” She commented. The girls exhaled. Obviously ‘this’ was a good thing. Sakura looked at her friends and motioned towards the doorway.

“Well, mom, we’re just going to go upstairs now.” Sakura said cheerfully. Mrs. Haruno just nodded in stunned silence as she once again looked around her kitchen. Sakura was almost out the door when she heard her mother speak to her again.

“Sakura?” her mother questioned.

‘Yes?” Sakura asked nervously.

“Why is my favorite painting wet?” Sakura gulped.

“Umm..Well, I guess someone decided to clean it and forgot to dry it off?” Sakura said, more as a question than a statement.

“If I wasn’t so happy about how clean the kitchen is, I might just be more suspicious about this.” Her mother said, giving a pointed look at Sakura. Sakura just looked at her mother and ran up to her room where her friends were.

“We’re so lucky. Someone forgot to dry off her painting of that tree, and she wanted to know why. I think the shock of the kitchen being so clean got her off our trail though.” Sakura said. Ino just giggled, and Hinata turned pail at the prospect of doing something to get in trouble. If her father found out there would go her privileges. TenTen on the other hand grinned wickedly. Displeasing her mother was her new favorite thing to do.

“No, TenTen, we’re not letting your mother know we practically destroyed my kitchen. Just be satisfied with her imagined reaction.” Sakura said, reading her friends mind. “Think of how in trouble the rest of us would be, ok?”

“Fine.” TenTen sighed. “Can I at least tell her we trashed your room with feathers?” Sakura nodded. TenTen’s mother not only tried to control her daughters diet and extracurricular activities, but she was also a neat freak, and thought she had taught TenTen to be as neat as possible. Ever since TenTen had decided top get back at her mother for trying to control her life, however, TenTen had become a slob. Her room looked like a tornado had hit it, and any mess she made, she made a point of letting her mother know she had done it.

“I don’t get it TenTen, what is all this doing for you anyways?” Hinata asked.

“It makes my mom mad, which makes me happy.” TenTen said matter-of-factly.

“Has she punished you at all for refusing to clean your room?” Ino asked.

“Yea, she threatened to take away my cell phone, and I handed to her and said ‘Here you go.’” TenTen said.

“And she just gave up?” Sakura asked.

“I think that once she realized I didn’t care, she gave up on trying to punish me.” TenTen said.

“So does she still get mad about everything you’re doing?” Ino asked.

“Yea, she gets this look on her face then storms off.” TenTen said happily. The other girls just looked at each other.

“TenTen, don’t you think you’re taking this just a little too far?” Hinata asked.

“Seriously, Ten, Hinata’s right. I mean, you’ve already shown your mom that she can’t control everything you do, so how bout you give it a little bit of a rest?” Sakura asked.

“What do you guys mean?” TenTen asked. “This is just the beginning! I’m finally showing her that she isn’t the one who makes my decisions for me.”

“Alright, TenTen, if you aren’t going to stop, we can’t make you.” Ino said. “So, who wants to go to the mall?”

“Quick subject change Ino. Hoping someone will be there?” Sakura teased.

“Oh, but he might find it just a bit too troublesome.” TenTen joined right in.

“Come on, you guys. You know that you want to see Neji and Sasuke just as much as I want to see Shikamaru. And, well, Hinata and Naruto are practically dating!” Ino exclaimed while Hinata blushed.

“Yea, I guess you’re right.” Sakura said as she looked at her friends. “To the mall it is!” The girls quickly changed out of their pajamas into one of the many outfits they had brought with them. You never know what you might need, right? When the girls were ready to go, they grabbed there bags and headed downstairs. Three of the girls tiptoed out the door, and out to the limo, where Sakura had told the driver to wait for them.

“Mom?” Sakura yelled.

“Yes, dear?” Came the reply of Mrs. Haruno.

“We’re going to the mall! Expect me back in a couple of hours, but we’ll be dropping the girls off on the way there.” “Sakura explained.

“Ok, dear, just don’t be too long.” Mrs. Haruno called after her. Sakura only hoped that her mother wouldn’t go near her room. The girls had yet to clean up all of those feathers.

When Sakura had gotten out of the house and into the limo with her friends, she then spoke, “Where are going to first? Do we know any of the places the guys visit at the mall?”

“Umm...Nope.” TenTen said.

“Well, I guess we could start at the arcade.” Ino suggested. She remembered Shikamaru saying something about how the guys liked playing video games.

Sakura nodded as she made a mental list of the few places the girls were suggesting.

“Another place that we could look, if they aren’t at the mall, is this diner that’s really close to it. When we went on our date, Naruto and Shikamaru told Ino and I that they go there a lot.” Hinata said. “They have really good food there, so we can just stop there for lunch later.”

“Sounds good to me.” Sakura said. “So the first place we’re checking is the arcade, then the sports store, then the video game store, then the diner. Any objections?” The girls all shook there heads, and they clamored out of the limo and into the parking lot.

“Operation locate the guys is in operation!” Sakura said as the girls made their way through the front entrance and towards the arcade. There reason for being there: To have a Dance Dance Revolution tournament. Unfortunately, the guys weren’t that easy to find. After a round for each of the girls, they decided to check out the sports store. Sakura actually needed to pick up some golf stuff to give to her father for his birthday. But the guys weren’t there either. So once Sakura made her purchase, they made their way to the video game store. Sadly, the only one they knew there was Kiba.

“Hello, ladies.” Kiba said as he walked up to them.

“Oh, we were just looking for a video game for Sakura’s little brother.” Hinata said.

“How sweet of you.” Kiba said. “So, Hinata, have you changed your mind yet?”

“Um, actually, no I haven’t. I still want to go with Naruto.” Hinata said as she blushed lightly.

“Suit yourself, then. Just letting you know that I know you’re going to change your mind soon.” Kiba said as he flashed Hinata a smile and left the store.

“Um, let’s get out of here before he decides to come back.” Ino said as the girls left the store, forgetting about the video game. They went out to where the limo was parked and got in.

“Ok so I guess we’re going to the diner.” Sakura said as the driver took off in the direction that Ino pointed out to him.

“No guys anywhere.” Sakura said with a sigh. She wanted to see Sasuke really badly. And she was really hoping that maybe he would ask her to the dance.

“We still haven’t checked the diner yet.” TenTen pointed out.

“And even if they aren’t there, the food is awesome!” Ino exclaimed.

“Yea, I guess.” Sakura replied glumly.

“Come on Sakura, you’re going to see Sasuke the day after tomorrow. It’s not that far away you know.” Ino pointed out.

“Yea, I don’t know, I was just kind of hoping that he would ask me to the dance if he saw me outside of school. We don’t really get to talk that much during school.” Sakura said.

“Well, we can help you there. I mean, we did help Naruto and Hinata.” TenTen pointed out.

“Yea, and even though I wanted to get mad at you guys for interfering, I couldn’t because I was so happy that he asked me out. And then he asked me to homecoming, too.” Hinata said happily.

“And next you’ll be his girlfriend.” Ino said.

“I wish.” Hinata said. The girls looked up when the driver announced their arrival at the diner.

A/N: ok, I'm so sorry for updating late! I was going to update yesterday, but then we went to the carnival at the firehouse here, and didn't get back until midnight. So, the girls went on a guy hunt. Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (17)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 28, 2007, 2:05:56 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013my inner hinat is screaming and my inner sakura & saskue are both hopeing for the best

winxgirl21 on October 29, 2007, 8:17:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

nextguardian on September 17, 2007, 3:42:54 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGreat job!

winxgirl21 on September 18, 2007, 6:52:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thnx!

sasukeXsakuraforever on August 5, 2007, 7:32:09 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverHmm? I wonder if they could make a map-quest for locating guys? lolz! Awesome, keep em coming! Your doing s great job!

winxgirl21 on August 5, 2007, 11:06:55 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! That would be put to good use! ^-^ Thanks so much for reviewng!

NightWing101 on August 5, 2007, 12:10:39 AM

NightWing101 on
NightWing101KEEP IT COMING!!! please!!!! AWSOME!!!!!

winxgirl21 on August 5, 2007, 1:32:24 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

SasukesChick on August 3, 2007, 1:12:13 PM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickkool...keep it up

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 1:14:38 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 3, 2007, 10:42:45 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101AWSOME^^

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 11:11:31 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

finalfantasy on August 3, 2007, 7:49:42 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyok, this one ish good! update soon?

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 7:54:11 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'm hoping tuesday or wednesday. i haven't started the next chapter yet so i'm not sure how soon it'll be done. ^-^'

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 7:24:53 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingOMG SO GOOD!!!!oh BTW i was thinkin about rentin disturbia.how scary is it?

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 7:29:19 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21well, it was a really good movie, but I screamed for basically the entire half. if you watch it, don't watch it alone, or when your parents aren't home..>.< I kept waking up and looking around my room that entire night to make sure nothing was there, but after that I was fine. I don't really get freaked out too, too easily.

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 7:51:18 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingwell...i geuss thats good for me!i think ill invite a couple of friends over and we have a movie night!anything with shia labuff had to be good!!!!^_- ya but knowing me and my friends we will probinly scream most of the time but we shall get over it!!!pop corn anyone?

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 7:57:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, yes please! That sounds like a good plan! Yea, anything with him in it is sure to be good!

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 8:01:45 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingi hant seen transformers yet but i plan to!ya i can seee it now*imagins* mom walking in the house the next morning after movie night...me and my three friends in the fedal posision!!lolz ya we would be like that.was.so.AWSOME.and then we would be flinching at every noise we hear!!lolz

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 8:07:08 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! Yea, you'll have your friedsn with you, so that's god. I didn't have anyone spending the night after I saw the movie, so it was 10x worse, lolz! ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 8:12:49 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingya!i will go and rent the movie dude where is my car and accedentaly pick up the movie disturbia while im at it...when i get home call my freinds tell 'em the plan and tell them to get there but over here.when they come ill pop in the movie dude where is my car...but when mom and dad leave MWHAHAHAHA!!*get evil smile like tenten* ya i have my tenten momments!

inner me:CHA!!WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?WHAT MOMENTS U ARE ALWAYS LIKE TENTEN!!!

man i hate it when im right lolz

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 8:18:40 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! hmm...Don't be too much like Tenten! Although i am at times..the thing where her mom said she'd take her cell phone away and Tenten said, 'here you go' actually happened to me, only I was on the phone with my friend and I haded it to my mom! lolz! it wasn't for not cleaning my room though..i don't remember what i did, actually..

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 8:24:13 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThinglolz lets see...my mom is always makin desisions for me lolz.ya but im not one to stop dancing or in her case "cheerleading" for it!that is social suicide!!!ya but i am mostly like tenten i go in da woods to get away from my parents !thank god for living in the kasachi national forest!!!ya and most of my friends love the woods except some of my prepy friends!but ya....and its my dad who is always asking the questions to my "guy"friends *shivers*. it does get annoying.

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 8:29:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Hmm..I like going in the woods too. We have a couple of old forts back there, adn just walking on the trails we've made is fun. I've never had any guy 'friends' before, but my sister has, and my dad hates it. He hates her boyfrieds more, though...It's so funny when he walks into the kitchen and we're all talking about whatever mess she's gotten herself into..normally my mom has some part in causing it...lolz!

TheBestDamnThing on August 3, 2007, 9:43:32 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingi have like 3 guy friends.they are my best friends the know everything about me...and i mean EVERYTHING.my dad hates it too.like i was talking to my friend Marshal at our school prom and i was like,"hey guys why dont the preps like me?"and his answer was hilarias "cus ur a b*tch!,Lol im just kiding we all know you and your like one of our best friends!" then we all had a hugging moment...ya there is also chase..he is the one that keeps us laughing...he says he wants to be a male stripper...*shivers*.and then there is my bestst bud hutton.he rox i always complain to him about things andhe tells me how to handle it.."f*** them"...-_-' sometimes i want a more reasonable answer.but i love them!

winxgirl21 on August 3, 2007, 11:14:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, ya, that's how my sister is, too.Except all her friends are basically guy friends. I have guy friends, but I'm not very close to them.

TheBestDamnThing on August 5, 2007, 7:20:23 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingya well me and these boys are toy loco!!!!but we do have those times when we act kinda crazy...which happens to me and hutton alot...i was talin to him one day in the lunch room and the teacher came to him and told him to "shut up" she turned around and walked off.then he whispered "b*tch" i asked who and he said everybody than i asked"me too?" and he said ya so i went "finally!!"...and then there was another time in the lunch room...i was talking about how this girls hair was so short and how i would never cut my hair that short...and he said he would..i went "cut my hair?"and he said"ya ill come to ur house and shave your a** bald!!!!"i turned around and looked at my butt and said"my a** is bald!!!!"and he just looked at me and shook his head and said "that was retarded"ya we crazy XD!!!

winxgirl21 on August 5, 2007, 11:11:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! XD you seem to have a lot more crazy moments than me!

TheBestDamnThing on August 5, 2007, 3:10:30 PM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingooooo very rare!lolz jk

winxgirl21 on August 6, 2007, 3:11:48 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! the craziest my friends and I have ever been is skipping to class with our arms linked (it was after lunch so we had plenty of tim to get to class) and singing we're off to see the wizard. It was three girls,a dn one guy XD. People looked at us then walked all the way around us...

TheBestDamnThing on August 6, 2007, 3:13:53 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingomg...well u should see chase trying to do the macarana lolz....*shiveres* he gona b a good male stripper....

winxgirl21 on August 6, 2007, 5:13:36 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz! That would be funny to see!

TheBestDamnThing on August 7, 2007, 5:26:18 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingya i kno!lolz

winxgirl21 on August 7, 2007, 5:32:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^, oh, btw, I'm going to update later. i just have to get on the internet from the other computer. I'll probably do it after i feed my rabbit...