Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

Chapter 8 - chapter 8
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

Sakura closed her eyes and welcomed the sleep that came. She didn’t care if it was only ten o’clock or not, she was exhausted.

The next day

TenTen was outside, in the woods making her way to her favorite spot. It was an old fort from when she was little, and she had built it out of a mismatch assortment of items. She hadn’t bought the supplies, no, she’d found a trash heap near the edge of the woods one day, and you know the how the saying goes “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” Well, that saying was extremely true for a nine year old TenTen. She had dragged the stuff that she wanted to a spot near a little creek, with a perfect tree for a fort in nearby. She’d succeeded in making a small platform to sit on out of some of the wood that was salvageable, but that was about all that was in the tree. Hanging from the tree, however, was a tire swing that had been made from an old tire and a piece of rope. It hung just at the waters edge, and at one time, an adventurous TenTen had used it to swing across the creek.

She had also found an old tarp that she had made a sort of tent out of. She had shoved an old lawn chair under it, and when it rained she could sit under there and watch without getting wet. She’d fashioned a bridge out of an old log she had found sitting nearby, and it allowed her to cross the creek and visit the other side, without the danger of falling in, which in turn had been made into an extension of the fort. An old satellite dish and some cable? To TenTen that made a wonderful hanging chair, so that’s what she had done. Nearby there was a pit that she had dug and lined with some old bricks. It was a fire pit, although she hadn’t dared to use it when she was little, only pretend. In the junk pile there had also been a giant light post. TenTen had somehow dragged it to her fort, and gotten it to stand upright. She had then proceeded to decorate it with spray paint she had snuck out of her parents’ garage.

Farther behind the satellite swing, the remains of an attempt to build a log cabin out of sticks sat there, four walls that came to TenTen’s thigh now. Nearby was a ladder that was leaned against a tree. The tree was a weird shape, and had grown up, then sideways, and then up again. TenTen had used the ladder to climb up there, and see what she thought was the most beautiful sight ever. Her fort. To an adventurous kid, it was paradise. Now, TenTen climbed up onto the small wooden plat form in the tree and laid down on her stomach, her head resting on her arms.

‘Why am I always the one without a date?’ TenTen thought to herself. ‘Sure Sakura doesn’t have a date right now, but if she wanted to, she could. But no one’s even bothered asking me.’ Yes, TenTen had gone out to the fort to sulk. And why shouldn’t she? It’s not like anyone was going to find her. At least that’s what she had thought.

“TenTen?” a familiar voice said her name.

TenTen sat up and whipped her head around, almost falling of the small platform in the process. “Neji?!” She exclaimed.

“Yea?” Neji replied.

“How did you get here?” She asked. She had never thought that anyone would ever be able to find there way here with out her guiding them.

“It was easy, really. I just followed the trail of broken twigs and branches. Your mom told me that I’d probably find you in the woods, so it wasn’t too hard.” Neji replied.

“Oh, I just thought that, well…” TenTen said.

“That no one would ever find this place?” Neji asked her.

“Well, yea, kind of.” TenTen replied with a light blush.

“Someone who didn’t know you wouldn’t be able to find it. You don’t have to worry about that.” Neji said.

“Oh, well, that’s good to know.” TenTen said.

“So did you build this place?” Neji asked.

“When I was nine.” TenTen said as she looked around and tried to see her beloved fort through someone else’s eyes as she climbed off of the platform.

“Wow.” Neji said looking around.

“It isn’t that great, I know, but it’s kind of like a second home.” TenTen said.

“No, it looks great. Most nine year old girls probably can’t even pick up a hammer, let alone build a something like that.” Neji said, motioning to the platform that TenTen had been on when he had arrived.

“Really?” TenTen asked. “I just kind of found the wood and decided that I wanted a tree fort, so I got some nails and a hammer and that was the outcome.”

“That’s pretty amazing.” Neji said.

“I guess. It was just something to do when I was little.” TenTen replied.

“So is this where you come to get away from your parents?” Neji asked.

“Yea, it is. It’s my own little part of the world, that I created. It’s the perfect place to just get away.” TenTen said.

“It’s nice.” Neji said.

“Yea, it is.” TenTen replied. “So, why’d you come here?”

“I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out today.” Neji said.

“Yea, that’d be fun.” TenTen said happily. “What did you have in mind?”

“Nothing really. Video games, or just talking.” Neji said.

“Ok, then.” TenTen said, her eye glinting, “Tag! You’re it!” She said as she tagged him and then started running. She had the advantage since she knew every inch of these woods like the back of her hand. But then, Neji was fast, and was really good at predicting her next move. She ran and twisted through the trees, jumping over rocks and fallen trees as she came upon them. Eventually, however, she came to the hill. The hill was a hill where no trees grew, yet it was covered in leaves, with a big pile at the bottom. She paused for a second, and at that instant Neji tagged her, but did it just a bit too hard. TenTen lost her balance and grabbed Neji to try and right herself up, but it didn’t work and both of them ended up tumbling down the hill. When they stopped rolling, they were lying side by side, and TenTen was laughing.


“What’s so funny?” Neji asked her.

“Nothing. That was just a lot of fun.” TenTen said as she rolled over on her side and looked at him.

“So do you do that often?” Neji asked.

“Do what?” TenTen asked back.

“Roll down that hill?” Neji replied.

“When I was younger I did. It’s been just about forever since I have.” TenTen replied.

“You know, you’re so different from most of the girls in our class.” Neji said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” TenTen asked.

"Well, most of the girls in our class wouldn’t even step foot in the woods, let alone initiate a game of tag through the trees and start laughing when they rolled down a hill.” Neji said.

“Yea, I know. Sakura and Ino only come back here when I really want them to. Hinata comes here a little more often than that, but still, I think I’m the only one who actually enjoys it so much.” TenTen said.

“I can believe that.” Neji said. “So, what do you think about the homecoming that’s coming up?”

“What do I think about it?” TenTen said, “I think it’s going to be a lot of fun. Last year we made a pact and went only with friends, no guys, but this year we decided that we should try and get dates, but that we wouldn’t ditch someone because they didn’t get one. So I think it’s going to be a blast!”

“So you aren’t upset about not having a date yet?” Neji asked her.

“Well, it would be great to have a date, but I wouldn’t die if I didn’t have one.” TenTen replied.


“Really?” Neji said. “So what would you say to being my date?”

“Being your date?” TenTen repeated, as she looked at him incredulously. “I’d love to!”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Neji replied, as he turned his head to look at her. She was smiling at him.

“Come on; let’s get back to the fort.” TenTen said as she started to get up.

“Hn. All right.” Neji said as he walked with her back through the woods.

A/N: Ok, sooo very sorry for such a late update! Things have been very hectic around my house. My grandmother passed away last Monday, so we’ve been very busy with that, and there hasn’t been a lot of time for typing…Anyways, I focused this chapter on NejiTen because a lot of people have been asking about what’s going on with them… I have a hard tie with this couple because I don’t want to make Neji seem OOC…but then, I have a hard time picturing him playing tag. Well, reviews are much appreciated!!

Comments

Comments (20)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 28, 2007, 2:50:19 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013i fell so sorry for sakura my inner sakura is crying she wants a date toooo

winxgirl21 on October 29, 2007, 8:27:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

nextguardian on September 17, 2007, 4:15:07 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianIt's awesome you gave Tenten a chapter of her own, she gets overlooked a lot!

winxgirl21 on September 18, 2007, 7:00:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, i think that too, so that's why i did it. ^-^

AnimeAngel87 on September 7, 2007, 1:26:15 PM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87OH YEA OH YEA OH YEA *Gives Cookies*

winxgirl21 on September 7, 2007, 10:29:46 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! yay cookie!! ^-^

finalfantasy on September 5, 2007, 7:44:37 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyi really liked this chappie! yayness!!! for some reason, it almost made me cry...
natsukashi.... :(

winxgirl21 on September 5, 2007, 9:37:20 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21why did it almost make you cry?

kagome99 on September 5, 2007, 5:53:37 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99AWWWWWW!I luved all the luvy-duvy stuff.
Srry abt ur granny.my condolences.

winxgirl21 on September 5, 2007, 7:10:28 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks. it was fun to write. And yea, thanks...

zerotimberwolf on September 4, 2007, 8:13:53 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfthis is a good chapter
i love it

winxgirl21 on September 4, 2007, 8:24:06 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks ^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on September 3, 2007, 11:24:21 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awwww yay nejiten^^one of my so manny fav pairings^^

winxgirl21 on September 4, 2007, 6:35:52 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, yes, i love nejiten, too! I just have trouble writing it...>.<

gaaralover1 on September 3, 2007, 10:49:14 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1AH!! What a way to end summer vactaion... New additons to my fave stories, Fegie London bridge and fergalisoius playing over and over again.... The only thing ruinging it is my sore leg... Damn growing pains.... Oh well.. I'll survive...

winxgirl21 on September 3, 2007, 10:55:56 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, This is your last day of summer? lucky..although my first full day of school is tomorrow...meaning long class periods...

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 3, 2007, 12:47:29 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverAwww! TenTen and Neji love! So cute! I'm just like TenTen, I don't care if I roll down a hill and get dirty. It's quite fun^^ Good job! You must write more!

winxgirl21 on September 3, 2007, 2:09:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yea, I used to do that all the time...but the only hill now is our driveway and a very steep hill in the woods that you have to run into tress just to walk down and keep yourself from breaking somethng...and somehow i don't see rolling down either of those as a good idea...lolz ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 3, 2007, 7:25:02 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverAhahaha! Thats funny! Hey, I would try it! ^_~

winxgirl21 on September 3, 2007, 7:56:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I wouldn't...i'd either run into a tree and break something, or get hit by a car and die...

rffraff05 on September 3, 2007, 12:02:09 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05awesomely awesomely done! this is so sweet Cookies for you
*hands you cookies*

winxgirl21 on September 3, 2007, 12:04:41 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21yay! cookies!! Thanks so much for the review ^-^