Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - chapter 14

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 14 - chapter 14

Chapter 14 - chapter 14
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto, or the Cha Cha Slide!

“Sorry, we’re about five minutes later than Hinata asked.” Naruto said apologetically. “But are you guys ready to go?”

“Yea, we are!” Ino exclaimed.

“Well, before we go…”Naruto said as he took his hand, which had previously been behind his back, out from behind his back, revealing a beautiful corsage. “I got this for you Hinata.”

“Th-thank you, Naruto!” Hinata exclaimed, somewhat shocked that her boyfriend had even thought about this. She soon realized that he wasn’t the only one, though, because Shikamaru, Neji, and even Rock Lee had gotten their dates corsages as well. The boys escorted their dates out to Naruto’s limo, and Naruto even held the door open for them as they got in. When the boys slipped in, they sat down next to their dates. Rock Lee sat down to find Sakura looking down towards one end of the limo. The end where Sasuke was sitting, by himself.

“Sakura?” Lee asked.

“Huh?” Sakura said as she turned to look at him. “Oh, sorry, Lee!”

“I just wanted to say that I am very glad that you decided to come with me, and you will not be disappointed with tonight!” Lee said, half exclaimed.

“Um, thanks, Lee.” Sakura said, sounding unsure.

“It is my honor, Sakura.” Lee said.

Ino interrupted their conversation, “It’s almost time for the first dance of the year! Aren’t you guys excited?”

“Duh, Ino!” TenTen said.

“This one is going to be ten times better than last year’s homecoming!” Sakura said, too.

“I agree.” Hinata said happily.

“What about you boy?” Ino asked. They just kind of shrugged, so Ino elbowed Shikamaru, causing him to grunt in pain.

“Ya, Ino.” He said, while everyone else laughed. They had decided to skip going out to dinner, which most couples were going to do, and get to the dance early instead. They didn’t want to wait in the long line that formed while teachers checked tickets. It also allowed the girls more time to get ready, which they needed with set up and everything happening earlier that day.

“So, guys,” Ino said, turning to her friends, “I heard that this year, Sarah thinks she has Homecoming princess in the bag.”

“Impossible, especially since we nominated S-”TenTen started, but Ino cut her off with a glare.

Sakura looked at her friends suspiciously, “Nominated who?” Sakura asked.

“That new girl,” Hinata said quickly.

“Ya, that girl Susan, you know who she is.” Ino said quickly.

“Oh, ya, I know her. She’s in English with me, right?” Sakura said.

“Ya, she is.” Ino said.

“She might actually prove a threat to Sara. So Ino, how did you come to know all of this?” Sakura asked.

“Oh, the day that you were absent, we nominated and voted for homecoming prince and princess.” She said.

“Ya, and Sara just thought that she was so popular that she had to win, but we’ll find out tonight, won’t we?” TenTen said. The guys were just sitting back and listening to the girls’ gossip. They’d gotten quite used to it, and had learned not to put in an opinion unless they were asked for it. The girls would sometimes stop talking, as if they just realized that the guys were hearing all of this. Well, everyone except, lee, that is.

“I think that Sakura should win!” He exclaimed.

“Lee...” Sakura said, “I wasn’t nominated, I can’t win.”

“But-” Lee started.

“She’s right Lee,” Ino said while glaring daggers at him, “she can’t win because she wasn’t nominated.” She stressed the word wasn’t.

Lee’s eyes opened wide, “Oh! I understand!” He exclaimed.

“Understand what?” Sakura asked.

“He’s finally understanding how homecoming nominations work.” TenTen said. “I’ve been trying to explain it to him.”

“Oookay.” Sakura said.

“Yup.” Ino said. The girls sat in silence for a few minutes, which was all it took to arrive at the school. The driver got out and opened the door for them, and the four girls stepped out, followed by their dates, then Sasuke, who had been unusually quite the whole time. Well, to Sakura, anyways. But maybe that was because she was used to him talking in her presence, and now things were kind of back to the way they were at the beginning.

The group of teens made their way to the door of the lobby, and stepped inside. There were only a few people in front of them, talking amongst themselves. They showed Kurenai their tickets, and they were allowed to walk past the table. However, they had to wait until seven exactly before the doors would open, but they would be some of the first ones in.

“I hope the decorations look good.” Sakura said as she bit her bottom lip in frustration. They’d worked hard on them, and she wanted everyone to like them. She didn’t want this to be as lame as last year’s homecoming.

“Don’t worry, Sakura!” Lee exclaimed, “I’m sure that everyone will love them!”

“Thanks, Lee.” Sakura said as she smiled at him. He really was a sweet guy. She wished that he didn’t think of her as more than a friend, though. After this, she wasn’t going to become his girlfriend, and she didn’t want to hurt him when she told him no the next time he asked.

“Only five more minutes, guys!” Ino exclaimed her blue eyes gleaming with her excitement.

“Wow, that was quick.” Sakura said, coming out of her thoughts.

“Let’s just hope the dance doesn’t go by too fast.” Ino said. Kurenai walked up to stand in front of them, with Kakashi and Gai on either sides of the door. Anko had taken over checking tickets for the moment. More teachers were already inside, and they would serve as the chaperones for the dance.

“Welcome, everyone, to the first dance of the year, Konoha High’s Homecoming, City of lights! I hope you all have a good time!” Kurenai exclaimed as she opened the doors behind her and stepped aside to allow the flood of teenagers to enter the gym.

Once most of the crowd that had been waiting at the doors was in, the D.J. started playing a familiar song. Ino squeled as she recognized the upbeat music, and turned to her friends. “Come on guys, it’s the Cha Cha Slide!” Every dance at Konoha High started with the Cha Cha slide. No one knows when that tradition started, but it was kept, with most students enjoying it.

“I’ll sit this out, thanks.” Shikamaru said in a lazy tone.

“Oh no you won’t!” Ino exclaimed as she dragged him up to the front of the gym, near the smoke machine and D.J. booth. Naruto practically dragged Hinata, and Neji and Lee just followed their dates, even though the guys didn’t really get as into it as the girls did.

A/N: Ok, so the dance has started! My school dances normally start off with a song like the Cha Cha slide once we’re in the gym, so I thought, why shouldn’t theirs? Lolz. Ok, so next chapter, a lot of things should happen. I’m not going to say what, though. You’ll have to wait and see. Reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (22)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 30, 2007, 4:28:20 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013ooooooooooooooooo my inner sakura`s confused

winxgirl21 on October 30, 2007, 6:15:46 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^ thanks for reviewing

AnimeAngel87 on October 18, 2007, 6:23:31 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87KEWL!!! SARA SHALL NOT WIN!

winxgirl21 on October 18, 2007, 9:53:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21That's the spirit! Down with Sara!! lolz. ^-^

rffraff05 on October 17, 2007, 11:40:38 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! The anticipation kills me!!!!!!!!!

winxgirl21 on October 18, 2007, 9:50:50 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Next chapter should be up tomorrow! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on October 15, 2007, 8:14:46 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverAwww! Lee is being such a gentlemen to Sakura! He is so nice... heh, I wonder how Sasuke will take it? *looks left and right evily* Mwahahaha! Lolz, Nice chappie, keep it up, it's getting really interesting!!^^

winxgirl21 on October 15, 2007, 9:17:41 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! i've started the next one, but haven't goten too far with it yet. ^-^

waterbender00 on October 14, 2007, 8:38:35 PM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00I love the Cha Cha Sling at swim meets they always play that song... then the chicken dance.

Come on Sasuke ask Sakura to dance!!

winxgirl21 on October 15, 2007, 7:01:37 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, they play the chicken dances at our school, too! lolz. It's really funny watching everyone in their formal dresses do those kind of dances.

waterbender00 on October 15, 2007, 8:08:32 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00I make my chicken dance very complicated with the clapping.

winxgirl21 on October 15, 2007, 9:16:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, do you guys sing it the i don't wanna be a chicken, i don't wana be a duck way? XD

waterbender00 on October 15, 2007, 8:19:49 PM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Sadly No. but we do do this before every meet. And I sadly have no time to do dances because of my swimming.

Captains: Who runs this Motha!
The Rest of the Team: SHS!
Captains: I say there ain't no Other!
The Rest of the Team: SHS!
Captains: I say WHO runs this Motha
The Rest of the Team: SHS
Captains: I say there ain't no other!
The Rest of the Team: SHS!
ALL: I say I'm proub to be a Gryphon YEAAHH I say I'm proud to be a Gryphon WHOOOOOH!!!!!!!

And then someone inflates a cap while we yell our school and mascot. and when its inflated he lets it blow of its head. The cap has got some pretty good distance.

We were undefeated, too.

winxgirl21 on October 16, 2007, 5:52:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21That's no fun..but i guess swimming is ^-^

That's cool! We used to ahev a cheer we did before we lined up on the sidelines in cheerleading...taht was a while ago, though, lolz.

waterbender00 on October 16, 2007, 8:02:27 PM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00swimming is incredible... its is Way better than the dances I've been to.

winxgirl21 on October 17, 2007, 3:11:30 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21it's good to know you've found somethign taht you love so much..i know thati don't have a sport like that, lolz. i guess cheerleading used to be like taht for me, though...

AmmyK on October 14, 2007, 8:04:48 PM

AmmyK on
AmmyKLUV IT!!!!

winxgirl21 on October 15, 2007, 6:59:42 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^

gaaralover1 on October 14, 2007, 10:27:29 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1HURRY IT UP!!! I WANT SASUKE AND SAKURA TO GET BACK TOGETHER!! * cries*

winxgirl21 on October 14, 2007, 10:30:40 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21sorry, but I've been having problems with my life lately, mainly my friends, and haven't had time to write as much as I'd like. i also haven't gotten a lot of good ideas lately because of it...

gaaralover1 on October 16, 2007, 10:11:10 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Looks liek we're on the same boat.... Except it's not family it's personal life issues.... My BF died 8 days ago and people are hurting me when they say something mean or meanly, and I also have some friends on Fanart who are helping me through....

winxgirl21 on October 16, 2007, 10:34:07 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21omg, I'm really sorry to hear taht! It's really hard to lose someone...and people can just be so mean...

Symphoniaprincess101 on October 14, 2007, 4:07:20 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awsome so far^^i think i know who the dance prince and princess are*sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*40000000000000 bags of chocolate pocky for you^^

winxgirl21 on October 14, 2007, 9:24:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, ya, it should be pretty obvious by everything I put in the chapter. I actually wasn't going to put that conversation in there, but then i thought it would hint at what i was going to do, lolz.

GreyPichu on October 13, 2007, 1:19:18 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuAAAHHH!!!I REALLY wanted to know what happens at the dance...oh well,i can wait!^^good job!

winxgirl21 on October 13, 2007, 1:26:03 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, i know. But it'll all be there next chapter! ^-^

zerotimberwolf on October 13, 2007, 12:57:50 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfI'm surprised Naruto was actually being smart at the start. Heck I would be totally shocked if he was the one to make the first move *hint hint*.


Yeah at our school dances we usually do the cha cha slide also. First time I heard it my girlfriend dragged me out like Ino did with Shikamaru.

winxgirl21 on October 13, 2007, 1:02:18 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, i would be shocked to, but you never know. lolz.

I love the Cha-Cha slide! It's like the best dance ever! ven though my friends and i always run into each other beacuase we end up turning different ways. XD

zerotimberwolf on October 13, 2007, 1:14:56 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfLMAO!!! XDDD

winxgirl21 on October 13, 2007, 1:19:49 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21=D