Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - chapter 19

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 19 - chapter 19

Chapter 19 - chapter 19
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

Her life seemed to be going perfectly for once. She wondered how long this state of happiness would last in her life and her friends’ lives.

The Next Day

Lee stared up at the ceiling, his mind going over the events of the previous night. He’d really liked Sakura, and when it all came down to it, she didn’t like him. He got his heart broken. Period. He’d thought that he’d finally found someone that actually liked him. Turns out he was wrong.

At least Sakura had been nice to him. In the past, most girls laughed at him when he asked them out. He should’ve realized that Sakura still liked Sasuke. It was obvious that her answer to the dance had been something just to tick him off. And it had worked. Sasuke had been majorly pissed. But Sakura hadn’t realized how much he had liked her. Their views had been completely different. And seeing her kiss Sasuke during that dance, it had hurt. It had hurt a lot to find out that way. At least she knew that he had been upset. Shed apologized, tried to make things better. He let her think that everything was alright. It really wasn’t.

Lee rolled over and looked at the clock. It was already 12 in the afternoon. He’d been just laying there for some time. Just as he was about to get up, his cell phone went off.

‘Who would be calling me now?’ Lee wondered as he picked up the phone and looked at the screen. The name that leered up at him was Sakura’s. He contemplated not answering it for a minute, but decided against it. There had to be a good reason for her to call him. “Hello?”

“Lee?” Sakura’s voice came through loud and clear.

“Yes?” Lee replied.

“It’s Sakura. How are you doing?” She asked him.

“Good.” He replied, lying through his teeth.

“That’s good. I was calling to ask you something.” Sakura said.

“Ok. What is it?” Lee asked, somewhat curious now.

“Well, Hinata has this cousin who’s coming into town this weekend. She used to live around here. Maybe you’d know her, she’s Neji’s little sister, and her name is Akane. She goes to a boarding school now. Well, anyways, she’s coming into town this weekend, we were hoping you’d show her around. We would do it ourselves, but we already have plans made.” Sakura explained.

“You want me to show her around?” Lee asked. He wondered why they wanted him to do it. Why couldn’t Neji show his little sister around? They probably were all going out together or something.

“Yes, if you could.” Sakura replied.

“Well, ok, if you want me too…” Lee said trailing off. He wasn’t so sure about this.

“Ok, great!” Sakura exclaimed. “How about you pick her up around 12 next Saturday?”

“Sure.” Lee said.

‘Thanks so much!” Sakura said. “Well, I’ll see you later, lee. Bye!”

“Bye.” Lee said as he heard the phone click off. ‘What’s this all about…?’

With the Girls

All three of the girls were huddled around Sakura, trying to listen to her conversation with Lee. As soon as she hung up the phone, they looked at her eagerly.

“Sooo?” Ino asked.

“He said he’d show her around.” Sakura said with a triumphant little smile.

“Really?” Hinata asked.

“This is going to work out great!” TenTen exclaimed.

“If he ends up liking her.” Sakura said.

“I thought it was just going to be one date?” Hinata asked, uncertainly.

“Well, I think this could turn out to be more.” Sakura said, and Ino nodded, both of them having that gleam in their eyes.

“Let’s just get them both through this one day.” TenTen said.

“Um, ok. We just have one little problem.” Hinata said.

“What?” Sakura asked, turning her attentions to her friend.

“Well, you know how protective Neji is of me?” Hinata asked her friends.

“Mmhm.” Ino said as she nodded.

“Well, imagine how he is with his sister.” Hinata said.

“Oh…this is going to be a problem.” Sakura said, realizing how protective Neji was with Akane.

“Right.” Hinata said. “All we have to do is keep him busy all day, so he doesn’t find out. And at least, keep him away from Lee and Akane.”

Ino got a look in her eye, and turned to TenTen. “I know exactly how we can do that.”

“Why are you looking at me like that?” TenTen asked, somewhat afraid of her friend at the moment.

“You can ask Neji on a date!” Sakura exclaimed, having realized what Ino was thinking.

“What?” TenTen exclaimed more than asked.

“They’re right, TenTen.” Hinata said. “It’s probably one of the only ways we can keep him busy long enough.”

TenTen looked at her friends begging faces. “Fine. I’ll ask him out.”

“Yay!” Sakura and Ino exclaimed at the same time, while Hinata was thinking, ‘And they’re already killing two birds with one stone.’

“What am I asking him to do?” TenTen asked.

“How about…dinner and the movies?” Ino suggested. She was hoping that this would actually work. It hadn’t been part of their plan, but when life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

“Fine. I’ll ask him later, ok?” TenTen asked with a sigh, sure, she like him, but she didn’t want to be the one doing the asking.

“Ok, but we’ll know if you didn’t.” Sakura warned her friend. “Don’t think I won’t ask Sasuke. And besides, if you don’t, you’ll ruin the entire plan.”

“Ok, Ok.” TenTen said. “I won’t try to get out of it. I know that you and Ino will hunt me down with torches and pitchforks if I don’t ask him.”

“Torches and pitchforks?” Ino asked, thinking for a second, “More like blush and eye liner.”

TenTen glared at her friend. So she didn’t put on make-up too much, but she did put lip gloss on at the least.

“Ok, that’s enough Ino.” Hinata said in a quite but somewhat forceful voice. She wasn’t letting them get into an argument now. TenTen and Ino’s fights were nothing like Ino and Sakura’s fights. TenTen could hold a grudge.

“Fine.” Ino said with a giggle.

“Ok, operation Lee and Akane is a go!” Sakura said while her friends laughed.

A/N: ok, so I just finished this a few minutes ago, after I got home from my school’s play. I had to sell things at the bake sale, and the play was actually quite funny. Well, not much to say on this chapter, except that I was in a mood, so it seems a little off to me… Well, reviews are very much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (20)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on November 21, 2007, 3:54:16 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101awsome^^500000 boxes of pocky for you^^

winxgirl21 on November 21, 2007, 7:44:19 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thankies! yay, more pocky!!

AnimeAngel87 on November 18, 2007, 10:07:33 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87OMG KEWAL CHAPTER!!!!!

I sooooo hope Neji and TenTen hit it off. Woot!

St00pid Neji. His protective arsenic. XD

AnimeAngel87 on November 18, 2007, 10:08:05 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Was that Lee thing what YOU felt?

Symphoniaprincess101 on November 21, 2007, 3:55:06 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101i feel that way practicly every day.

AnimeAngel87 on November 23, 2007, 12:51:20 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Same here when I'm bored

winxgirl21 on November 19, 2007, 5:17:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21What i felt? hmm..Well, I think that I feel sympathy for the way Lee was treated, and if I was in his position, that's what I would be feeling. So sort of, i guess. lol.

Thanks so much for reviewing!

rffraff05 on November 17, 2007, 11:02:53 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05Go LEEEE!
great chapter, as per use!

winxgirl21 on November 17, 2007, 10:27:10 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

AlleyCat17 on November 17, 2007, 10:58:00 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17great chapter and i can't wait for lee to meet her.i just hope he likes her and i can't wait for tenten and neji's date.so i hope you update soon until then see you.

winxgirl21 on November 17, 2007, 10:22:26 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ I'm hoping to update agian friday.

GreyPichu on November 17, 2007, 7:05:50 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG!Tenten and Neji are going on a date!it sounds so exciting.
btw,what was the name of your school's play?

winxgirl21 on November 17, 2007, 7:56:28 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21It should be interesting to see what happens with them. ^-^

oh, and the school play was called "Break a Leg"

cloudaeris on November 16, 2007, 10:19:05 PM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisGreat Chapter!Can't wait.

winxgirl21 on November 17, 2007, 4:41:16 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

kogalover2013 on November 16, 2007, 2:37:47 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol my inner sakuras singing yes yes ye yes yes

winxgirl21 on November 16, 2007, 9:04:39 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

nextguardian on November 16, 2007, 1:21:04 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianReally nice job, great chapter!

winxgirl21 on November 16, 2007, 9:02:32 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on November 16, 2007, 12:07:28 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverOMG SO CUTE! I hope Lee has a good time, and gosh, I hope TenTen is able to change Neji. lol. Fun chappie! I loved it!

winxgirl21 on November 16, 2007, 9:00:53 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Ya, I wonder if anyone can change him..but TenTen would be the one to be able to. ^-^