Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - chapter 26

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 26 - chapter 26

Chapter 26 - chapter 26
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Hn.” was Neji’s only reply as he scanned the full room for two empty seats. Luckily he found some in one of the middle rows of the crowded theater. He motioned for TenTen to follow him, and they made their way to the two seats. As they approached the seats, Neji froze where he was. There, sitting next to the two empty seats, were none other than Rock Lee and Akane. His sister Akane.

TenTen looked at Neji, and quietly whispered to Akane, “Are these two seats taken?”

Akane turned to look at her and replied, “No, they aren’t.” She went to turn back to the screen, but did a double take when she realized that someone that she knew was standing slightly behind the girl that had just spoke to her, a mad looking someone. That mad looking someone just happened to be her brother. She gasped at the sight. “Um…hi, Neji.”

“Akane.” Neji replied. “What are you doing here?”

“Um, watching a movie?” Akane replied nervously. By this time, Lee was also looking at Neji, but he thought better of speaking so he kept quiet.

“You know that’s not what I mean. Why are you with him?” Neji asked, emphasizing the word him as if Lee was something distasteful. How dare one of his friends, no matter how distant that friendship might be, take his little sister on a date! And without even speaking to him about it first.

By now, Lee spoke up. “But, Neji, I was asked to show Akane around town today, since TenTen and her friends all had plans. I thought that surely they would have told you about this.” TenTen’s frantically waving arms signaling Lee to stop did no good, because he was either too intent on figuring out why Neji didn’t know, or he didn’t understand the signal.

Neji then turned to TenTen, “You knew about this?”

“Neji…I did, but-” TenTen started but was cut off by Neji.

“I see. So this whole day, was just a distraction so that Akane could be with Lee.” Neji stated.

“Neji, no! It’s not like that at all!” TenTen started, trying to explain, but to no avail as he grabbed Akane’s arm and yanked her out of the seat.

“We’re going home.” Neji said.

“But-” Akane started.

“No buts. We’re leaving.” Neji said, tightening his grip on his sister’s arm.

“No, I’m not!” Akane exclaimed, struggling against the pull of Neji’s grip. “Let go of me! Mom told me I could go out with Lee today, so I intend to stay out with him. You can’t stop me!” With that, she slapped his hand, hard, trying to force him to let go.

A look of shock washed over Neji’s face, but it was soon replaced by anger. He let go of Akane’s arm, but pushed it away roughly as he did so. “Fine.” With that he, turned and left the theater. He didn’t even give as much as a glance towards TenTen.

Ino, Sakura, and Hinata

“How long is the movie they’re seeing, exactly?” Sakura asked Ino and Hinata after a few minutes.

“I’m not sure. They went to see the National Treasure movie.” Ino said.

“What?! That’s the movie Neji and TenTen are seeing!” Sakura exclaimed. All three girls looked at each other with wide-eyes.

“We have a problem.” Ino said.

“Ya think?” Sakura asked her. “Come on, we have to…” She trailed off as she saw Neji leave the theater, and head to the door.

“I think we’re a little too late.” Hinata said quietly.

“Oh no.” Sakura said. As if on cue, her cell phone started to ring. She picked it up and glanced at the screen, seeing the picture of TenTen pop up. “It’s TenTen.” she said as she opened the phone.

“Hello?”

“Sakura?” TenTen asked her friend.

“Ya?”

“Can you guys come get me from the movie theater?”

“Um, sure, just come out into the lobby. We’ll be waiting for you there.”

“Ok, thanks.”

“Guys, she wants us to pick her up. Can you send your car home, and we’ll just take mine?” Sakura asked them. Hinata nodded.

“Who’s house?” Sakura asked as she looked towards the door. TenTen was taking a while, but then again, she had no idea that they were already here. Which was something they didn’t want her to know, but Sakura had the feeling that they would have to tell her.

“Mine.” Hinata said. “That’s where Akane will go.” Sakura nodded absentmindedly. After about five more minutes, TenTen walked out of the theater. Her face look a little surprised to see her friends already there, but she didn’t question it.

“Hey guys, we can leave now. I was talking to Akane and Lee.” TenTen explained.

“Ok.” Sakura said. No one asked about what had happened. If TenTen felt like explaining she would do so in the car.

When the girls were in the car, TenTen was staring out the window when she said, “He knows the date was a distraction.”

“It’s ok, TenTen.” Sakura said to her friend. Something else had to be bugging TenTen, because she’d been extremely quiet.

“No it’s not.” TenTen said, turning to look at her friends. Her eyes looked like they threatened to shed tears, something that the girls had only seen her do a few times in her life. Even when she’d broken her, arm, she hadn’t cried at all. “He asked me out when we were at the restaurant, right before we ate, but then…when he left the theater, he wouldn’t even look at me. He thinks I don’t even care about him at all. He thinks everything today was done o that Akane could be with Lee without his knowing. He thinks today meant nothing to me.” She then turned to look back out the window, but the girls saw her rub her eyes for a second, wiping away the tears that sat in her eyes, refusing to fall.

A/N: Drama! Lol. I love writing drama. It’s so much fun. Hopefully everything will work out ok. . . I felt like there hasn’t been enough drama lately, so ya, that pretty much explains it. Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (18)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeAngel87 on January 15, 2008, 7:15:58 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87>:D OH YES DEFENSE DEFENSE!

Ahem

Soooo Much Drama. Neji's So Angrily Mad(O.O)

AWESOME CHAP!

winxgirl21 on January 15, 2008, 7:36:47 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21hehe, drama is fun, though XD

nextguardian on January 10, 2008, 11:22:09 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGreat stuff, nice plot twist!

winxgirl21 on January 11, 2008, 8:44:33 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

kagome99 on January 9, 2008, 4:31:13 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99OMG!!!POOR TENTEN!!! Poor Neji too. He thought he was being used.Can't wait for next chappie!

winxgirl21 on January 9, 2008, 5:21:12 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, hopefully thigns will work out. ^-^ I'm aiming for a Saturday morning update.

kagome99 on January 10, 2008, 3:37:30 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99Cool.^_^

GreyPichu on January 8, 2008, 6:24:35 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG! i think i might cry, this was such a good chapter! i can NOT wait till u update!

winxgirl21 on January 8, 2008, 7:10:32 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks so much! Update will most likely be Saturday morning if i can get some typing in after homework. ^-^

kogalover2013 on January 5, 2008, 2:02:35 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013how dare u cut me off

winxgirl21 on January 5, 2008, 10:16:52 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21huh? What do you mean? @-@

kogalover2013 on February 1, 2008, 1:22:37 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013i dont remeber

Kohakucrazy on January 5, 2008, 9:17:09 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyI don't like you.... one word.. UPDATE!!!

winxgirl21 on January 5, 2008, 10:13:36 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21i should update next Saturday depending on how much schoolwork i get throughout the week. ^-^

AlleyCat17 on January 5, 2008, 9:15:18 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17sweet chapter and poor tenten im sure she will be with neji soon.

winxgirl21 on January 5, 2008, 9:51:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Don't worry, it'll all work out, eventually. lol. ^-^

eelchic on January 5, 2008, 8:25:15 AM

eelchic on
eelchicAw poor Tenten its so sad that Neji wouldnt even look at her!! :( But great chappe its just filled with drama ooooo I just love it!!!!!! ^.^ I hope everything works out for Ten!!!

winxgirl21 on January 5, 2008, 8:30:40 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21things shoudl work out. ya, i would hate to be her, too. I'm glad you love the drama. ^-^

zerotimberwolf on January 5, 2008, 8:17:21 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfOh crap 0_0' this is not good at all. I hope things work out.

winxgirl21 on January 5, 2008, 8:20:17 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21It should all work out...maybe...lol.