Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - chapter 4

The Konoha High gang is looking forward to their upcoming Christmas Break,and when a group trip is proposed,everyone is excited.But once again there's drama occuring with love,friendships,new friends and possible rivals,and much more.

Chapter 4 - chapter 4

Chapter 4 - chapter 4
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Sure you are.” Ino chirped happily. TenTen sighed, and then Sakura’s phone started ringing.

“Hello?” Sakura asked. “Mmhmm. Ok, sure.” She then turned to look at her friends. “My drivers here, and he loaded our bags into the car already. He said there’s just enough space left for me to squeeze in with them. So I’ll be seeing you girls tomorrow!”

“Ok, by, Sakura.” Ino said.

“Bye.” said Hinata and TenTen, smiling at their friend as she left.

The Next Day

“Naruto?” Hinata asked, speaking to her boyfriend. Naruto was sitting next to her in the back of her limo, wearing dress pants, a dress shirt, dress shoes, and a tie. He looked a bit uncomfortable. Hinata was sitting across from him, wearing a deep purple, satin knee length dress.

“Ya, Hinata?” Naruto asked, tugging at his tie. Despite the fact that he wore one every day to school, he’d never get used to having to wear one properly, or having it be this tight.

“Are you going to be ok tonight?” Hinata asked him, looking a bit concerned.

“I’ll be fine! Don’t worry about me! Believe it!” Naruto said, holding his thumb up for his girlfriend to see.

“If you say so.” Hinata replied, still looking a bit concerned. “Please remember, though, Christmas Eve is a really big event at my house. It’s not just my direct family, but all of my aunt’s and uncle’s, and my grandparents too. They’ll all be…well, judging you.”

“Don’t worry, Hinata.” Naruto said. “Everything will go perfectly.”

‘That’s what I hope…’ Hinata thought, while smiling at her boyfriend in reply.

“So what exactly happens tonight that’s such a big deal?” Naruto asked.

“Well, we hardly ever have big family dinners, so having everyone get together for this is really big. What will happen is first we all get together in the big family room while the older women cook. I’ll probably be called back from time to time to help.” Hinata explained. “When dinner’s ready, we’ll all be called in. There are place cards with everyone’s names on them. Find yours and sit there. My father will carve the turkey, since he’s now the official head of the family, having taken over my grandfather’s company. No one eats until the turkey is carved.”

“Ok, is that it?” Naruto asked. For being a family get together it seemed…so formal. No wonder Hinata had been insistent that he dress up for the occasion.

“Not exactly.” Hinata said. “The maids will bring dinner out in courses. The Turkey is cut before the first course, but not eaten then. We have appetizers first, then the main meal, then dessert. After dinner, we all retire to the Living room, where the Christmas tree is set up with the presents under it. We’ll then open our presents, which will be handed out by the younger children, who are playing the parts of Santa’s helpers.”

“Now is that it?” Naruto asked. He was going to have a hard time remembering the order of things.

“Basically.” Hinata said. “Are you sure you can remember all of that?”

‘It’s like she read my mind.’ Naruto thought. “Of course I can, Hinata! I’ll do everything right, you’ll see!”

“Ok.” Hinata replied, and then warned him, “I’ll be helping you, Naruto. I don’t think anyone expects you to do everything perfectly, since you’ve never been to a family even before. They’ll still be watching you. Come on, let’s get out now. They’ll be wondering what’s taking so long.”

As Naruto had been listening to Hinata, he hadn’t realized that the limo had indeed stopped outside of her house, and the driver was holding the door open for them to climb out.

“Ok.” Naruto said, gulping once and pushing all fear out of his mind. He might not be scared of many things, but he wanted Hinata’s family to like him. Hinata linked her arm through his, and led him to the door of the house, opening it, and leading him towards the big family room, where he could already hear the buzz of chatter coming from her entire family.

Hinata gave her boyfriend a reassuring smile as they stepped into the doorway of the well lit room. It seemed as if the chatter stopped, and as if everyone’s attention was on them. Hinata smiled and greeted her family with a slight bow, having unlinked her arms from Naruto’s. Naruto followed suit, doing what Hinata did.

“Hinata, why don’t you come over here?” an older couple beckoned for her to join them in front of the fire place. Hinata nodded as she walked towards them, Naruto trailing behind.

“Hinata, why don’t you introduce your friend to us?” the lady asked her.

“Of course, Grandmother.” Hinata replied with a smile. “Grandmother, Grandfather, this is Naruto Uzamaki, my boyfriend. Naruto, these are my grandparents.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Naruto said, extending his hand to Hinata’s grandfather, only to be pulled into a hug by her grandmother. Naruto’s face registered shock. As far as he knew, Hinata was the only Hyuga to ever really show her emotions, with a few exceptions from Neji. He wasn’t expecting this at all.

‘I’m sorry, dear.” Hinata’s grandmother said, releasing him. “But I’ve just heard so much about you from Hinata, and I’m glad she’s found someone like you as her boyfriend.” At this, Hinata’s grandfather grumbled, obviously voicing that his opinion was the opposite. “Oh, shush, dear. I know you’re happy for Hinata, too.”

“I’m just letting him know that if my granddaughter gets hurt, there’ll be a price to pay.” Her grandfather said, glaring at Naruto.

“Sir, I’d never dream of hurting Hinata.” Naruto said, wide-eyed. “She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” Hinata blushed at this statement by her boyfriend, and Naruto just smiled at her. Hinata’s grandfather still watched Naruto warily, but nodded at his statement.

“Young love is so adorable.” Hinata’s grandmother stated, causing Hinata to blush even more. “Well, dear, you’d better go introduce this young man to everyone else before dinner.”

“Yes, grandmother.” Hinata said, and then she turned to Naruto. “Come on, we have a lot of people for you to meet.” Naruto looked around the room and saw the numerous people who were glancing at him out of the corner of their eyes. He hoped that more of them would be like Hinata’s grandmother, and less of them would be like her grandfather.

A/N: So, so sorry for the late update! I’ve had so much to do, and have hardly found the time to type. I apologize greatly! Well, this chapter begins Naruto’s Christmas Eve with Hinata’s family. I wonder how much he can do wrong in one night? Haha. Well, I decided to make hinata’s grandmother, well, the unexpected. I didn’t even expect to portray her like that. XD Hopefully you all enjoyed the chapter. Reviews are loved!

Comments

Comments (16)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on March 5, 2008, 1:38:41 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, Hinata's Grandfather sounds cool! I can see that happening to some poor kid in real life!

winxgirl21 on March 6, 2008, 6:43:01 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, I can see some kid being terror stricken. XD

erandor3 on February 25, 2008, 7:44:42 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3hopefully naruto can make it through the night

winxgirl21 on February 27, 2008, 4:52:29 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, hopefully is the key word.

Kohakucrazy on February 23, 2008, 10:46:47 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyPoor Naruto...

This is gonna be fun.


Mikura

winxgirl21 on February 23, 2008, 11:28:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, it should be. lol. =)

kogalover2013 on February 21, 2008, 6:36:45 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg omg omg omg omg omg omg dat was awsome dude

winxgirl21 on February 21, 2008, 11:36:10 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21=) i'm glad taht you think so. *is trying to stray away from the 'thank yous'lol*

QuestionMarks109 on February 18, 2008, 11:50:20 PM

QuestionMarks109 on
QuestionMarks109Omg That is a MEGA SIGN Naruto's gonna screw it up

xD

Believe it! -Ninja Dies-

OMG!

winxgirl21 on February 20, 2008, 5:29:52 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, he can't do anything too bad...i think...

GreyPichu on February 17, 2008, 1:49:31 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuwow, he seems so proper, its almost creepy. lol great chapter! ^_^

winxgirl21 on February 18, 2008, 9:53:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21He seems proper as of right now. =) lol.

eelchic on February 17, 2008, 4:15:23 AM

eelchic on
eelchicOmg that was such a great chappe!!! i was smiling and giggling the whole time!!!

I'm like so exited for Naruto to meet Hinata's Father that will be an event!! XD

winxgirl21 on February 17, 2008, 5:13:02 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, it will be an event. XD

cloudaeris on February 17, 2008, 12:44:06 AM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisomg i can already tell naruto is gonna screw something up..poor kid

winxgirl21 on February 17, 2008, 5:11:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya, but hopefully for him it won't be too bad. lol.