Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - chapter 23

The Konoha High gang is looking forward to their upcoming Christmas Break,and when a group trip is proposed,everyone is excited.But once again there's drama occuring with love,friendships,new friends and possible rivals,and much more.

Chapter 23 - chapter 23

Chapter 23 - chapter 23
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Come on, Shikamaru! We have to go now!” Ino exclaimed, grabbing his hand and running down the hall towards the ball room.

“I’m coming, Ino.” Shikamaru said as he picked up the pace, almost running behind Ino in an effort to keep his arm attached.

“We’re almost there.” Ino said as she turned the corner to head towards the ballroom. She looked down the hall in front of her and grinned when she heard a deep voice announce “Ino Yamanaka escorted by Shikamaru Nara.” She slowed down her pace as she approached the door, and looped her arm through Shikamaru’s, walking into the room gracefully, hardly looking as if she’d been through anything.

She smiled lightly as she glanced around the room, locating the rest of her friends over by the refreshments table where they were supposed to meet. She walked over to them with Shikamaru next to her and grinned. “Just in time.”

“You really cut it close.” TenTen commented.

“I didn’t think you two would make it in time.” Sakura added.

“We barely did. We had to run here from the elevator.” Ino said.

“Shikamaru ran?!” Naruto exclaimed in shock, looking at his lazy friend.

“More like Ino dragged me down the hall.” Shikamaru said in a bored tone.

“How’d you get out?” Sakura asked.

“Some guys from maintenance had to pry the doors open.” Ino said. “They took forever, but Shikamaru told me not to complain.”

“Ino, they were working as fast as they could, and you know that.” Shikamaru said.

“Ya, I know.” Ino said. “And I guess it’s good that we got out in time. But I still would’ve looked better walking in if I wasn’t all sweaty.”

“You look fine, Ino.” Shikamaru said.

“I only look fine?” Ino asked, looking at Shikamaru with a questioning look.

“No, you look beautiful.” Shikamaru said, sighing again.

“Good. Now let’s go dance!” Ino said happily, grabbing her boyfriend’s hand and walking towards the dance floor. The girls just laughed at Shikamaru’s poor luck, and the guys just gave him pitied glances.

“Hey, have you guys seen Meghan and Mitsuki yet tonight?” Sakura asked, looking around.

“Not yet.” Hinata replied.

“Oh, because I saw Gaara over there.” Sakura said.

“Who’s Gaara?” TenTen asked curiously.

“This guy that Mitsuki’s into.” Sakura replied. “I’m so going to get them together.”

“Sakura.” Sasuke said.

“Don’t worry, Sasuke, everything will be fine. Now let’s dance until they get here.” Sakura said.

“Hn. Fine.” Sasuke replied, following Sakura onto the dance floor.

“Do you want to dance Hinata?” Naruto asked her.

“Well, not right now, Naruto.” Hinata said. “I’d rather just watch everyone for a little bit.”

“Hinata, I know you’re worried about my leg, but I’ll be fine tonight, I swear.” Naruto said.

“I know…” Hinata said. “…I just can’t help but worry about you.”

“Naruto’s right, Hinata.” Neji said. “I’m sure he can dance, if only for tonight.”

“Well…” Hinata said, still unsure.

“Seriously, I’ll be fine, now let’s dance.” Naruto said, taking his girlfriend’s hand and getting ready to pull her onto the dance floor.

“Hinata.” Both Naruto and Hinata looked up as they heard a familiar voice call her name.

“What?! Why are you here?!” Naruto exclaimed unhappily.

“Because I can be.” Kiba said, stepping over towards the group of his classmates.

“Um, hello, Kiba.” Hinata said quietly, looking down at the floor.

“I had no idea you’d be here tonight, babe.” Kiba said, smirking. Neji and Naruto both glared at him for this statement.

“Um, wh-what are you doing at the resort, Kiba?” Hinata asked.

“Well, I was here for a family vacation, but when I saw you being announced, I knew I was definitely lucky to be dragged here.” Kiba said.

“Well, if you’ll excuse us, we were just about to go dance.” TenTen said.

“Great idea.” Kiba said, reaching for Hinata’s hand and smirking at Naruto’s reaction.

“Um, Kiba, I…”Hinata started, trying to figure out how to tell him she didn’t want to dance with him.

“Hey, guys!” TenTen looked up to see Meghan running over towards them. Her face lit up as she got an idea.

“What she was trying to say,” TenTen said, “is that she thinks Meghan needs someone to dance with. Right, Hinata?”

“Um, yes.” Hinata said.

“Meghan, don’t you want to dance?” TenTen asked. Meghan took one look at the situation and immediately got what her new friends were trying to do.

“Yup, I sure do!” Meghan said brightly. She turned to Kiba with a grin on her face “What do you say?”

“Um, sure.” Kiba said, giving the girl a quick once over. She was wearing a deep purple dress with a black lace layer over it with a black satin ribbon around the middle, which looked great on her. Her hair was done in light curls all over her head, and whenever she moved they bounced.

“Awesome, let’s go, then!” Meghan said, taking his hand and leading him away from everyone else.

“We owe Meghan big time.” TenTen said, watching them go.

“Will she be alright with him?” Hinata asked worriedly.

As if almost out of nowhere, they heard Mitsuki speak from behind them. “Meghan can take care of herself, trust me.”

“That’s a relief.” TenTen said. “Kiba can be a…handful.”

“He’s lucky.” Naruto said. “If Meghan hadn’t come around, he’d have a black eye right now.”

“Naruto!” Hinata exclaimed, looking at her boyfriend. She’d never seen this side of him before.

“I’m sorry, Hinata, but he needs to back off.” Naruto said. “He knows we’re together, and he still doesn’t listen or care.”

“That’s true.” Neji said. “I think I might have hurt him as well if he’d touched you, although my reasons are different than Naruto’s.”

Hinata sighed. Now she not only had an overprotective cousin, but a protective boyfriend as well. ‘At least he cares about me enough to worry.’ Hinata thought as she took Naruto’s hand and made her way out onto the dance floor with him.

“Mitsuki, Sakura was looking for you.” TenTen said.

“Really? What did she need?” Mitsuki asked curiously.

“Something about a guy named Gaara.” TenTen said, watching Mitsuki’s face.

“Really? Is he here?” Mitsuki asked, her face growing slightly pink.

“Mmhm.” TenTen said, grabbing Neji’s hand which he’d just held out to her. “Come on, she’s out here, you can come with us.”

Mitsuki nodded as she followed them onto the dance floor. ‘Gaara’s here…I can’t wait to see him. Maybe he’ll dance with me…I hope so…’

A/N: Ok, I feel like this chapter is…choppy. Like I had too much happen too fast. I don’t know. And I’m sorry for updating late, again. I’ve been busy with school work lately, which I have a lot of this summer. I feel like I had more time for things like this during the school year than I do now. Well, reviews are loved.

Comments

Comments (19)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on August 17, 2008, 10:22:23 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013coo

winxgirl21 on August 17, 2008, 10:47:25 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21=)

GreyPichu on July 27, 2008, 6:03:23 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG I totally freaked out when Kiba showed up. I wonder what will happen between Kiba and Meghan. ^_^

winxgirl21 on July 27, 2008, 6:24:31 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21actually, i don't even know yet. ^.^'

erandor3 on July 22, 2008, 11:04:43 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3OH NOES KIBA'S HERE =O this can't be good but hopefully he will like meghan and stop chasing Hinata =3

winxgirl21 on July 22, 2008, 11:54:34 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, i don't know if he'll like her or not. for now, she's just helping out and getting him away from Hinata.

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 22, 2008, 6:40:15 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101I cross my fingers for mitsuki's luck on trying to get garra to dance with her^^

winxgirl21 on July 22, 2008, 11:49:57 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'll be crossing mine, too, because i don't know what's going to happen yet.

QuestionMarks109 on July 21, 2008, 10:08:18 AM

QuestionMarks109 on
QuestionMarks109Naruto did a great job controlling himself for an Htperactive Person. LOL. Things didn't happen fast, it was a great time! I Hope Gaara dances with her! :3

winxgirl21 on July 21, 2008, 11:23:50 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol,ya, he did. Hopefully Gaara will dance with her, but only time will tell.

kagome99 on July 21, 2008, 4:33:09 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99wow.
naruto was actually pretty calm.
as in, he didn't kill anyone. :D
what happened to my OC?

winxgirl21 on July 21, 2008, 11:23:01 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, ya, although he considered punching Kiba so that he hd no front teeth.

your OC just isn't in this part of the story yet. =)

kagome99 on July 23, 2008, 3:19:15 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99lol.kiba must value his teeth.
after all.-- he is a dog.

kay, kay...
i wont ask anymore questions. :D

winxgirl21 on July 24, 2008, 6:14:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21haha, ya, i think he does.

and ya, don't worry, everything's planned out.

cloudaeris on July 20, 2008, 1:20:12 PM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisvery nice
naruto was a very good boy cause he didnt kill anyone

winxgirl21 on July 20, 2008, 10:18:44 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, how he restrained himself, i have no idea...

zerotimberwolf on July 19, 2008, 12:39:53 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfI would have acted just like Naruto did, if Kiba touched her I wouldnt blame Naruto for socking him...

winxgirl21 on July 19, 2008, 12:44:51 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, I know. Most of the guys i know would've punched him the second he said he wanted to dance with her...

nextguardian on July 19, 2008, 12:10:01 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianNaruto was a lot calmer than most would have been. He would have been walking away without his fangs, at best.

I don't think the chapter was choppy, I think you spaced things out nicely. Nice job.

winxgirl21 on July 19, 2008, 12:16:16 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, ya, i know.

and I'm glad that you think it wasn't choppy...I just feel like i've been having trouble getting my ideas down. it's not writer's block..more like i have too much i want to happen in too little time...

nextguardian on July 20, 2008, 1:02:25 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThat happens to me all the time. What I wound up doing was increasing the length of my chapters.

winxgirl21 on July 20, 2008, 10:16:26 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21maybe I should try that...