Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Tekkia~

An earthbender girl they meet is pretty interesting; but will she help them or destroy them?

Chapter 1 - Tekkia~

Chapter 1 - Tekkia~
Aang, Katara, Sokka and Toph were on Appa, flying over a mountain when a boulder was headed up at them. Toph tried to stop it, but couldnt. The boulder hit Appa, and they crash-landed on the mountain. The 4 looked around, worried. A loud shout and a cheer broke out. They walked over a ridge and looked down. There was a town, not large, on the mountain. Trees and shrubs were abundant around the town, which is why they couldnt see it from the sky.
What do you want? Leave the town alone, Someone yelled at them. They turned, and saw a girl, about 14, stand up and walk over to them. She stopped a little ways away. She frowned. Aang and the others stared at her.
Get away, already. The Fire Nation dirtballs are trying to find the town Ive hidden. You, Avatar, will only bring about this towns destruction. And my capture, since I am also wanted by the Fire Nation, because of my gift. I can predict things. See the future. So I suggest you go away, She said. Toph frowned.
You hit us, she said. The others stared. The girl smiled.
You may be blind, but you can see things others with sight cant. Good; I Dont bother with the failed blind, she said. She smiled, which looked forced.
Why did you throw the boulder at us? Katara asked. The girl turned with a frown.
This town, despite my warnings, believes it will survive the night. But it wont. So, since they will search for me, and any evidence Im here, I must leave. Ill leave with you, she said. Sokka frowned.
My name is tekkia, she said.
Who said we want you to come with us? Sokka said to her. Tekkia frowned.
Danger lurks around every corner; unlike me, you dont know when that danger will spring. I can tell, and prevent, the Fire Nation from finding you. Like I did with this town. So, dont be too heedless of me. Without me, youll be cautious; too cautious. You will be captured shortly after meeting me. Choose your fate, then, Tekkia said, and the 4 agreed. Even MoMo liked Tekkia. Tekkia went with them. That night, as Tekkia predicted, the town was found and destroyed by the Fire Nation.
Wait, Tekkia, how did you know I was the Avatar- Aang said, and was interrupted by Tekkia.
Because. I can tell what type of bender will be the new Avatar. This time I saw an airbender. Since no one saw an airbender for the last 100 years, and you are the only one left, I knew who you were when I saw you, Tekkia explained. Katara and Toph nodded.
It looks like you have much power. Why do you fear the Fire Nation then?" Toph asked. Tekkia nodded.
There is also much I fear. People are not to have the knowledge I have. My gift is a curse. I see what will happen; sometimes I try to prevent the fate that falls upon something. But fate is not something I, nor anyone else, can change. I try to help the world any way I can without disrupting the world; let them know someone who reads the fates exists in this world, Tekkia said. Toph nodded. Tekkia smiled.
You, Toph, remind me of myself. It reminds me Im not like most people. In my case, there is not another like myself. Im different; more different than anyone else is. But one man understands; helped me to understand when I was young; I do not look it, but I am 214 years old. I remember the Avatar before Aang; A wise man. A good Bender, but not the best. Aang, after you, the world will not need an Avatar. Aang, you are the best, she said. They all nodded.
Who understood? Who taught you to understand? they asked. Tekkia smiled.
Someone Aang knows well: King Boomy, Tekkia said. They traveled on in silence. Then they came to a village. They stayed the night by a wide lake, away from the village.
Why arent we in the village? Sokka asked. Tekkia had been setting up a shelter.
Believe me, that village is bad for us. We should keep well away from it, Tekkia said. She ignored Sokka after that.
Why is she with us? I dont trust her, Sokka said to Katara. Katara frowned. Shes taking us away from a village. We need more food. How does she expect us to keep going without food? he said.
Give her a chance. I know shes a good person. Trust her, Katara said.
In truth, Tekkia had been banished from her town. The night she left, they were going to get rid of her; kill her. But Aang and his naive group showed up at the last possible instant. The saved her. But seeing 214 years of life made her not trust people. Seeing the Fire Nation destroy the Air Nation made her uneasy about people. Tekkia did not trust them. She was using them; drive them away from the villages and they would soon be weakened. Weak enough, perhaps, to steal the remaining things and run off. But she would have to keep herself well fed. Also, she had steered them away from danger; a village of Firebenders. Was she really bad?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment