Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Almost a normal life

Amelia is a every day normal girl until one day when she is tossed into a world full of Vampires, dark creatures and has to undo a age old curse on a Vampire Prince

Chapter 2 - Almost a normal life

Chapter 2 - Almost a normal life








Chapter One











A moon of shadow.



Blood on the ground…. everywhere!



The strong feeling of fear.



A black Rose.



Sharp teeth coming at her throat, wanting to tear her from limb to limb and a deep voice whispering, “Hello, little princess.”



She was sharply awakened from her nightmare by a hand on her shoulder and a light voice in her ear, “Amelia! Are you okay?”



She knew who it was without even looking; it was Sean, her overprotective half brother.



She whispered, “I'm okay. Why are we whispering anyway?”



Sean looked nervous and a little anxious as he looked around her bedroom, “Father, he's still asleep and I thought we'd sneak out before he woke up.”



Amelia sighed.



Her and her brother had to live in constant fear of their father, well, he was Sean's father but he was Amelia's step-dad and he will always stay that way to her, a complete stranger.



It had all started when mother died.



Amelia's father had died suddenly and very mysteriously with no reason for his death at all and Amelia was four at the time and she vaguely remembered a quick funeral and her mother moved them all the way from Dallas, Texas to New York City in a few days time.



If Amelia didn't know any better, now that she looks back on it all, her mother had seemed frightened by the prospect of staying in that house for some reason.



Well, time went by and her mother got a job at a bank and I was in Junior High when she met David.



I was thirteen and well, I didn't really mind my mom dating David, I mean, she had dated other men before David but after a few months…. I knew that they were getting serious.



David was trying too hard to be really nice to mom, and me I could tell.



Don't ask me how I knew, I sort of have a sixth sense about people and I knew that I did not like David at all.



And he was never, EVER going to get me to call him Father or Daddy.



After a few months time, mom and David got married and they moved in his house, which was just a few blocks away from our house.



I was angry with mom for betraying dad by marrying David and I was scared at the prospect of living in the same house with him.



As mom, David and the movers all worked on moving our stuff into the house, I sat on the sidewalk, my face in my hands and cried.



I cried and I felt like I was never going to stop.



I stopped though when I heard a soft voice in my ear, the same one that I heard this morning and I felt an arm around my shoulders.



The words that he spoke were just what I needed to hear, “You can cry on my shoulder, if you want. I won't mind.”



I didn't care who this person was, I leaned my head on his shoulder and just cried.



And he didn't say one word, just held me in his arms and he rocked me back and forth, gently.



After I had my cry, I wiped my eyes and looked up at the person who had comforted me and I about jumped back.



He was the most gorgeous person I had ever seen, he had ebony black hair and deep blue eyes and he was hot!



I shakily asked, “Who are you?”



He smiled, a crooked little smile, “My name is Sean. I'm David's son.”



I was shocked; he's that terrible man's son???



Whoa!



I smiled as I brushed my shoulder length reddish blonde hair behind my ears and lowered my chocolate brown eyes to the street as I whispered, shyly, “My name is Amelia.”



After that moment on, she was never separated from Sean.



They became very close over the past four years and everything was going great.



Then mother died.



She died as quickly and mysteriously as dad had and no one would tell us the cause of death.



Then, after the funeral, David's true colors starting coming out.



Sean knew that it was going to happen and he was with me everywhere I went in the house.



One day, I finally confronted him and asked him why he was following me.



He told me.



David was an alcoholic, which would explain his not coming out of his room for days and when he did, he would only go to the refrigerator to get a bottle of beer but that wasn't the only thing, he had beat Sean and his mother before.



I was shocked, I mean I was expecting something terrible but this was awful, especially the thought of him beating Sean and his mother leaving him to this monster.



Well, let's just say that I let Sean follow me everywhere around the house.



David hasn't done anything…. yet.



A few times, when I was by myself in the house or Sean was gone somewhere, David would come out of his room and he would follow me in the house but he wouldn't get too close.



His chocolate brown eyes looked frantic, like he was being controlled by something else and his brown hair was messed up and wild.



I felt like I was being stalked by a wild animal.



Well, this was the usual routine now, him waking me up to sneak out of the house every morning to go to school cause David has been moving around the house again and it's making Sean extra nervous.



Amelia tossed the blankets off and ran over to her closet, grabbing her white khaki pants and a red long sleeved shirt.



She made sure that Sean had his back turned and she quickly got dressed, asking him as she grabbed her beige shoes and slipped her shirt on at the same time, “Sean, are you going to go to the party this evening that Shannon has going on?”



Sean was still looking around, nervously, like David could materialize at any moment from the shadows as he hissed, “Can you leave the questions till after we get out of the house and away from David? Please?”



I was a little aggravated as I pouted, “Okay.”



After I slipped on my shoes, Sean grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.



He led me down the stairs and I noticed something, his hand was icy cold.



After I thought about it…. Sean's skin was always cold.



We finally reached the door and Sean pulled me out of the house.



I sighed in relief as I felt the warm rays of the sun on my face.



But then I felt something cold and strong grip my other arm.



I turned around and I screamed as two brown, glistening eyes amidst a brown mess of hair stared at me.



David growled, “Hello, little princess.”



Amelia froze in fear, “H-how…. how did you know….”



He didn't have any time to answer, as there was a blur on my right side and a loud crack as Sean's hand punched into David's face.



I gasped as I pulled from David's icy grip, “Sean…”



Sean looked like a different person, his gentle blue eyes were hardened as he growled, “I said, you aren't to touch her or talk to her, at all. You understand?”



David seemed to not be fazed by half of his face being smashed in by Sean's fist and he looked very submissive but there was still a glint of ice in his eyes as he snarled, “I understand.”



Sean nodded abruptly as he pulled a very shocked Amelia after him onto the street and walked in the direction of the school.



Amelia asked, still shocked, “Why did you hit him like that?”



Sean looked back at her and she could still see anger flaring in his icy blue eyes as he hoarsely whispered, “He deserved it.”



After a few blocks, Amelia remembered that she was still holding Sean's hand and she quickly let go, blushing bright red as she asked again, “Um, are you going to go to the party this evening?”



Sean slowed his fast pace a little bit, letting her catch up to him as he answered, “I think so. Megan is wanting to go, so I'll probably go just so I don't have to hear her stupid whining for weeks on end.”



Amelia looked away from Sean as she growled, “Oh, so that's why.”



Amelia hated Sean's girlfriend with a vengeance.



Megan was always so whiny, complaining and she was very picky but what really, REALLY ticked her off about her was Megan was always holding onto Sean and kissing him constantly.



She didn't know why but every time she would kiss him it would literally burn her up with anger.



She guessed that all sisters felt that way but she asked Shannon, her best friend for all her life, if she ever felt that way when her brother, Trace, Sean's best friend, ever kissed anybody or showed attention to another girl.



She said that she didn't care one little bit what her brother's girlfriends did to him and she said, “I certainly do NOT want to hear the details!”



Both of our brothers are older then us, so they were both out of school but Sean walked me to school every day and then he walked to his job, a place where he worked on cars although he has never shown it to me, I guess he thought that I wouldn't be interested.



I guess Sean noticed that something was bothering me cause he asked me right before we walked into the school yard, “Are you sure you're okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?”



I smiled, reassuringly as I hugged him quickly, “Nope, I'm just fine! I feel great!”

Sean laughed at my goofy grin that I plastered on my face as he pulled away from our embrace, “Well, I'd better go. See you this evening at the party.”



Amelia shouted at Sean as he walked quickly down the street toward his job, “I'm going to be at Shannon's till the party, okay?”



Sean turned around and walked backwards as he waved, a playful smile on his face, “Okay, I kind of expected that! Bye!”



Amelia waved, “Bye Sean!”



She watched him walk away for a few more minutes and then she ran towards the school, hoping that she wasn't late.
















Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rosecrow13 on August 25, 2007, 9:55:53 AM

rosecrow13 on
rosecrow13I like it, but watch out on which voice you're using on this piece. You're kind of switching between 1st and 3rd