Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A rude awakening

Amelia is a every day normal girl until one day when she is tossed into a world full of Vampires, dark creatures and has to undo a age old curse on a Vampire Prince

Chapter 3 - A rude awakening

Chapter 3 - A rude awakening






Chapter Two









It was another totally boring day at school for Amelia.



She thanked all the angels up in heaven for Shannon cause if she wasn't there then she would've been bored to death!



She was walking home with Shannon, laughing at a little joke that Shannon had made up that morning and just talking teen talk.



“You wouldn't guess what happened between Brandon and Sarah!”, Shannon said, playfully.



Amelia smiled, “I can not guess, what did the most popular couple in school do?”



Shannon about laughed at the look on my face when I said that, I was getting really tired of this popular couple and it was practically driving me bananas!



She looked apologetically at me, “I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking.”



Amelia faked annoyance, “Hey, you keep on forgetting! That's my specialty.”



Shannon giggled, “You're so funny, you know that?”



Amelia looked down at the street, “Yeah, I get that a lot.”



They walked in silence for a little while, Amelia was thinking back on that day at school and she noticed something, everybody was acting like they were avoiding her.



She glanced over at Shannon, “Um, Shan…. Am I a freak?”



Shannon looked shocked, “No! You're not a freak! Why would you think such a thing?”



Amelia sighed, shouldering her backpack; “It just felt like everybody was avoiding me for some reason…. I guess it was just me, huh?”



She had been treated like that all her life, like she had a big sign on her that said, `Hey, stay away! Cursed and it will rub off!' and she was getting really tired of it and it was really making her think that maybe she is a freak or something or that her life had some sort of big meaning to it that no one else had.



What was really weird was her ability to hear what someone was going to say before they said it, feeling somebody else's feelings and knowing someone's true motives before they did anything.



Sometimes…she would even hear people talking….



Sometimes, she wished that she could just disappear…



“You know, you can't escape it, little princess.”



She gasped as she opened her eyes and saw a black-cloaked person in front of her.



She looked around for Shannon, frantically, “Shannon! Shannon! Where are you?”



She heard a low hissing noise and she realized that it was coming from the person, “Your birth can not be prevented now, so…I'll have to deal with you in another way.”



Amelia felt fear as cold as ice flow over her, “What? What are you talking about?”



She gasped as the dark cloaked man vanished and quickly reappeared right in front of her, it's cloak gone and white hair falling in her face, obscuring her vision of the person's face as it grabbed her chin and sneered, “You'll find out soon enough, my little princess.”



She screamed as she felt pain pierce her body.



She snapped open her eyes and she was face to face with David, except it wasn't David.



She could tell that any shred of humanity that he had, had been stripped away and his eyes had turned an inky black, his skin icy cold as he grabbed her neck.



She flinched away, trying to break free as he pulled back her hair and he stared at her neck almost as if in hunger as he traced a circle on the side of her neck, “The Moon of Shadow.”



Amelia gasped, “My…. birthmark?”



David nodded, “Yes…I want to drink…”



Amelia gulped in fear, “Can I get you something to drink?”



David snarled and Amelia screamed as he bared his fangs, diving for her throat.



She was in a state of shock as the next thing she knew there was a splat, wet noise and David's face twitched, blood running out of his eyes and nose.



His head fell off.



Amelia screamed as David's headless body fell to the floor in a bloody heap and his head stared up at her with accusing black eyes.



Then she felt something hit her face, hard!



She went hurling through the air, hitting the cabinets in the kitchen and she vaguely remembered hearing and feeling her ribs crack as she slammed into the wall.



Through all of this, she felt nothing and she couldn't hear anything.



She dazedly looked around the room and she gasped as her eyes looked upon the most gorgeous sight she had ever seen in all her life.



And what the most astounding thing was, this man hits her, acts like he doesn't give a care if she lives or not, his sword ready to thrust through her and all she could think about was how gorgeous he was!



He was standing in front of her, looking down at her with a drawn and disdain look on his face almost like he was royalty, his eyes were raven black but she could see it waver to deep green and back, his hair was waist length, raven black with white stripes through it and his face was beautiful.



He had a white tight shirt on with a black rose on the chest, thorns around the sleeves and neck and he had on black pants, black boots finishing the outfit perfectly.



She shook her head as she thought to herself, “How can you think about the way this guy looks and the way he's dressed when he's about to drive his sword through you!? Amelia, you are crazy!”



She could've swooned at the voice that came from the man's lips, if it wasn't for the words that he spoke, “You have seen too much to live. I am sorry but…. I must kill you.”



Amelia tried vainly to get up but her broken or bruised ribs sent pain throughout her body as she moaned and looked away, waiting for the feel of steel slicing her head off.



She heard a crash and she jumped at the loud noise, looking up to see Sean with Megan by his side, as always and he was looking down at the man, his eyes burning with hate as he growled, “How could you? You can't kill her without my consent! And anyway, this is my mission, not yours!”



Amelia was wide-eyed at the conversation that unwrapped before her as the man jumped up from the ground, his wavering eyes turning totally black as he snarled, “I knew that there was a girl behind this! That's why you couldn't kill the monster cause of that girl!”



Amelia was dazed as Sean glanced at her and back at the man, “I was about to complete the mission and return home.”



The man's eyes were glistening as he shot back, “When was you going to kill him, huh? The next century?”



Their conversation was interrupted as Shannon screamed from the doorway to the kitchen, “Oh, my! There's so much blood! Amelia! Amelia, are you okay?”



Amelia dumbly nodded her head as Shannon kneeled in front of her, holding her hand, “It's going to be okay. We'll get you to a doctor.”



Amelia couldn't see anything but blackness for a few minutes and then the next thing that she remembered was Sean was carrying her in his arms, “We've got to get her to our doctors. Vampire doctors are skilled in their work; she'll be fine with them. I'll make sure of it.”



The last thing she remembered thinking was, `Vampire…' then everything went black.





************





The first thing Amelia saw when she woke up was Sean, his blue eyes looked scared and worried, “Can you hear me, Amelia? Are you feeling okay?”



Amelia weakly smiled, “Yeah…. I'm okay. I think.”



Sean smiled, relieved, “I'm so happy to hear that.”



She was about to say something when Megan came barging into the room and she was saying in her whiny, screeching voice, “Selena said that you're going to keep the human here! That's impossible! You wouldn't do that, would you, Prince Atherin?”



Amelia looked at Megan like she had said that Sean was Elvis or something as she continued to rattle on to Sean who was looking at Amelia, his eyes boring into hers as she stared wide-eyed at Megan.



He stopped Megan's rattling by hissing in a stern voice that he hardly ever uses to Amelia, unless she wasn't listening to him and he wanted her to be quiet, “I told you to keep quiet about our business in front of Amelia, Chelsea! Now leave us!”



Megan couldn't seem to take a hint as she batted her eyelashes at him and put that puppy dog face on that she always used to get her way with him, “But I want to stay! I want to see you tell her who you really are. You are not her brother and you never will be!”



Amelia could feel tears come to her eyes as Megan or is it Chelsea's words sunk in.



If he wasn't Sean then…that meant that…. everything that he said, everything that he was, everything that he told her and everything he had been to her was a lie.



She didn't have anyone.



She didn't even register the sound of a hard slap and Atherin snapping, “Hold your tongue, you yapping lunatic! Now leave!” as she flinched from the sound of a door slamming and her eyes overflowed with tears as she whispered, “You're not Sean?”



Atherin sat down behind her, putting his arms around her as he pulled her against him and rocked her back and forth like he always did when she was scared or sad and he whispered, “I was Sean but…I'm Atherin now.”



She sobbed, “I'm all alone now.”



Atherin stopped rocking her and he bent down, looking into her eyes as he smiled sadly at her, “But…. I haven't changed. I still love you just as much as I did just a hour ago. Even if you disown me now after you know the truth, I'll always consider you as my sister.”



Amelia was confused as she asked the question that had been bothering her ever since she heard his new name, “But…. how are you Sean and Atherin? You can't be both.”



Atherin let Amelia go and he leaned back from her, his eyes searching hers as he tried to explain, “I was Sean but I was changed. I am a Vampire now and my name is Atherin.”



Amelia shook her head, not wanting to believe, “How could you be a Vampire? There is no such thing and anyway, how could such a creature of darkness be so nice and considerate as you are?”



Atherin looked hurt by her words, as he sadly smiled, “You still don't believe, do you? After the fight, the fangs…how can you not believe?”



Amelia shook her head, starting to cry again, “I can't! You can't be a Vampire, you just can't!”



She felt Atherin's arms around her once more, he had a hand on her throat and not even a feeling of fear or doubt entered her mind at the position they were in after he had said that he was a Vampire, all that mattered to her was Sean.



She felt his other arm move from her shoulders to her back as he lightly brushed back her hair and he outlined her birthmark with his finger as he slowly said, “I guess I'll have to show you how I feed then.”



At the word `feed', Amelia felt the first trace of fear as she felt his grip tighten on her neck and back, pulling her towards him, “Sean….”



Atherin smiled gently, trying to reassure her as he explained to her, “This is the only way I can show you that I am a Vampire and it will not hurt very much if you won't struggle.”



Amelia gasped as his eyes turned black, “I won't hurt you, Amelia.”



Amelia tried to relax, trusting that Sean wouldn't hurt her as she closed her eyes and waited for fangs to pierce her skin.



She felt like a comforting blanket had been thrown over her as she heard Atherin's voice in her mind, “Shhh, it's okay. Just relax, Amelia.”



She relaxed but she couldn't stop the flinch as he sank his fangs into her neck, right where her birthmark was and she felt a little pain but when she made herself relax she felt less pain and it almost felt good in a weird sort of way.



It felt like she was falling through the air, almost flying as she felt tingling in her shoulders.



Then she felt something that she didn't think even Atherin was prepared for as she connected with his mind!



She could hear every thought that he was thinking; every feeling and she could see every dream.



Even memories.



Before she could look at his memories, she felt herself coming back and she gasped as the pain from him sliding his fangs out of her neck went through her body.



She felt dizzy and disoriented as Atherin pulled her into his arms again.



She asked, “Why did you stop me…from looking at your memories, Atherin?”



Atherin seemed to stiffen against her as he growled, “I don't think you'd like to know my memories, Amelia.”



Amelia smiled slightly as she looked up at Atherin who was looking down at her, a look of love and concern on his face, “You're my brother. Why wouldn't I be interested in your life?”



She yawned as she placed her head on his chest, falling into sleep as he whispered in her ear, a very old custom of his, “Thanks, little sis.”




























Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rosecrow13 on August 25, 2007, 12:11:29 PM

rosecrow13 on
rosecrow13This is so exciting! And very few spelling errors! I like it!