Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Marry? Him???

Amelia is a every day normal girl until one day when she is tossed into a world full of Vampires, dark creatures and has to undo a age old curse on a Vampire Prince

Chapter 4 - Marry? Him???

Chapter 4 - Marry? Him???






Chapter Three











Amelia groaned as she slowly opened her eyes and looked around.



She was still in the dark, black room that she had been in with Sean and Megan.



Amelia silently reprimanded herself, `They're not Sean and Megan. They're Atherin and Chelsea.'



She paused as she reached up to her shoulder and felt of her birthmark and the teeth marks where Atherin's fangs had slipped into her neck, “They're Vampires too.”



She didn't have any more time to contemplate her situation as she heard a creaking noise at the far side of the room.



Amelia sat up and smiled at the little face that peered around the corner of the door at her, “Hello.”



The door swung open wider and a little girl with blonde curly hair, deep green eyes and a big smile on her face walked in with a tray in her arms, “I brought you some food!”



Amelia yawned as she stretched and sat on the edge of the bed, taking the tray from the little girl who handed it to her, “Thank you.”



The little girl shyly smiled, “Your welcome, miss Amelia.”



Amelia was in the middle of chewing on a piece of bread and she looked long at the girl, “How do you know my name?”



The little girl giggled, “My brother, Atherin told me.”



Amelia about choked as she asked the girl, “Atherin's your brother?”



The girl laughed, probably from the look of shock on Amelia's face as she answered, “Yep, he's my older brother but he's not the oldest. Sorrow's my oldest brother and he's the King.”



Amelia about fainted on that one as she asked, in a whisper, “Are you and Atherin, a princess and prince?”



The girl nodded, “Yep.”



Amelia about dropped the tray as she looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes, “This is all a dream! When I wake up it will all go away!”



The little girl cocked her head in curiosity as she asked, “Are you okay?”



Amelia sighed as she thought to herself, `Well, I guess I should just face the facts. I've been swept away into a dark world of Vampires and creatures even darker.'



She looked back down at the little girl, `And it's very real.'



Amelia sighed, “I'm as fine as anyone in my situation would be.”



Amelia laid the tray down on the bed and stood up, about falling down in the process but she smiled at the little girl, “Well, I guess I should get to know everybody since I have a funny feeling that I'll be staying here for a little while. So, what's your name?”



The little girl giggled and hopped up and down, in obvious excitement, “Rose! My name is Rose! I'm so glad to meet you!”



Amelia couldn't help but laugh at Rose's burst of energy and joy, “Well, I'm glad to meet you too.”



Rose squealed, “Can we play tag? I love playing tag! Can we, can we???”



Amelia nodded as she shrugged, “Sure! Why not? I've got nothing better to do.”



Rose ran forward and lightly touched her on the elbow, “Tag! You're it! Haha!”



Rose was a lot faster then Amelia and she could tell that the little girl was holding back for her but it was still fun, it was a great way to get out all that frustrated energy.



Amelia was leaning on the door, panting, “I…think…I've had enough…Rose.”



Rose stuck out her lip, her green eyes pouting with her as she stuck her hands behind her pink and red dress, “Aww, do we have to?”



Amelia felt like she was going to faint from exhaustion as she gasped, “I'll…. play again…. later…. okay…Eeeek!”



All of a sudden, she was falling backwards and she closed her eyes, turning herself around, flinging her arms out, preparing herself for impact with the floor.



She was quit surprised when she flung her arms around something cold and she slowly opened one eye.

She was shocked to see something black, she heard a light chuckle and she looked up.



She was wide-eyed as she was met with dark, emerald green eyes, “Miss me?”



She was shocked as she realized that she had her arms around him and she quickly jumped back, she snapped, “I would be happy if I never seen YOU again!”



He still had that cold, aloof look on his face as he laughed, “Amusing.”



She could feel steam coming out of her ears as she yelled, “What's amusing?”



He just grinned as he curled a strand of his black and white hair around his finger, “Yes, very amusing.”



Amelia couldn't decide which way to murder him, take that sword that he was going to skewer her with before and slice his throat or just strangle him with his own blasted hair!



She had just decided on strangling him since he was acting like he loved his hair to death but she was shocked from all thoughts as his face changed to a scared almost worried look for a second but it quickly changed back to the hard, cold mask as he looked over Amelia's shoulder, “What are you doing here?”



Amelia couldn't tell if she was frustrated or relieved that the man's attention was distracted from her as he walked around her.



She turned around to see the man glaring down at Rose, “You know you aren't supposed to be here.”



Rose looked like she was a frightened rabbit and the wolf had found her hiding place, “I know. It's forbidden but I wanted to come see the girl that Atherin is always talking about. If Atherin likes her then she's surely not all that bad, right Sorrow?”



Amelia gasped and talked before she could stop herself, “You're Atherin's…. brother?”



She clapped her hands over her mouth as Sorrow spun around, his eyes turning black and the tip of his fangs were showing as he growled, “Yes, I am. And what does that mean to you? Nothing!”



Amelia still had her hands clamped over her mouth as he turned back to Rose and whispered something, obviously in control of that cold façade again as he turned around and walked toward Amelia, his eyes back to green as he grabbed her sleeve and pulled her through the door, “Come on. Atherin sent me to fetch you.”



Amelia got over her shock very quickly as she jerked out of Sorrow's grasp and she glared at the Vampire, “I can walk by myself, thank you!”



Sorrow growled, “Fine!”



He walked through the door and headed down the hallway outside.



Amelia smiled in satisfaction as she turned around and grinned at Rose, “We'll talk some more later, okay?”



Rose brightened up, a big smile on her face, “That would be great!”



Amelia waved at her as she walked after Sorrow.



Sorrow was waiting for her down at the end of the long, dark hallway and his eyes were hard as ice as he growled, “What took you so long? I was waiting for you for ten minutes!”



Amelia was gasping for air as she snapped, “I can't help it! You walk too fast! Let me refresh your memory, you're a Vampire and I'm a human! Vampires are faster then HUMANS!”



She squeaked as he bent down, picked her up and smiled at her obvious dislike of the situation that she was in, “Well, then we'll run.”



Amelia was about to protest when he started running.



She was in shock as the next minute, they were outside this big, jeweled doorway and she was facedown on the ground.



She jumped up as she yelled, “You…YOU…YOU!!!!!!!”



Sorrow reached forward and opened the door, “After you.”



She couldn't believe it!



It was like this jerk wanted to see how far he could go before she got totally ticked off at him, well…he was getting very close!



She growled as she stepped forward and put her hand on the other door, “I can open my own doors, Mister Etiquette!”



She pushed at the door and she was surprised, as it didn't budge!



Amelia threw her whole weight at the door but it still didn't budge!



She was in the process of pushing it with her knees but she stopped as she heard that irritating light chuckle, “I suggest you use this door.”



She glared at him as he nodded at the door that he had held open for her, “I'd rather die!”



Sorrow smirked, “That can be arranged.”



“You know, you're a big pain in the butt!”



“I guess I am, aren't I?”



“Jerk!”



“Um, we're going to be late for the meeting.”



She stopped pushing on the door and stomped through the open door, her eyes sending daggers Sorrow's way, “I dislike you.”



Sorrow's eyes sparkled, “My feelings exactly.”



When Amelia looked around the room full of Vampires, she about ran right out the door again as they all turned black eyes on her, the tips of their fangs showing and they were all dressed in black or gray.



She weakly smiled at them, “Um, hello, hehe.”



She noticed that the majority of the Vampires were staring at her neck and she could feel tingles of fear run up and down her spine, “Um, why are they all staring at me like that?”



Sorrow was standing behind her and by the tone of his voice, he was having fun with making her feel like she was the most stupidest person to ever walk the earth, “You idiot, you're wearing a red shirt, that's why.”



She looked down at her ruby red shirt and she gasped, “I am so dead…”



She was still shocked so she just stood there, her eyes wide as she saw the black eyes getting closer and she could just feel their fangs in her flesh sucking her dry of all her life's blood.



She vaguely heard Sorrow grumbling, “They've put her under their mind control! And I thought things couldn't get any worse!”



She quickly was brought back into focus as she felt something wipe the darkness from her mind and her vision as Sorrow slapped her, his voice a low grumble as he squeezed her shoulders with his other hand, “You, snap out of it!”



Amelia groaned, “What happened?”



Amelia was speechless as Sorrow slipped off his black shirt and handed it to her, “Put this on. At least most of the color will be covered up.”



She quickly grabbed the shirt from him and slipped it over her head, “Um, thank you.”



Sorrow looked back at his dazed subjects and back at her, “Don't thank me. If it was under normal circumstances, I would've let them drink you dry.”



Amelia was confused, “Under normal circumstances?”



Sorrow smirked, tangling his fingers in his hair again as he growled, “Wouldn't you like to know.”



Amelia was dumbfounded; Sorrow was the most gorgeous person she had ever laid eyes on.



His eyes were the deepest green she had ever seen, his long raven black hair mixed with snow white and his ivory white skin…



Her thoughts were interrupted as Sorrow snarled, “You're late! Where have you been?”



She panicked as she felt an arm around her shoulders but she relaxed as Atherin smiled down at her, “I was delayed.”



Atherin looked at Sorrow's shirt on Amelia and he smirked at Sorrow, “Okay, what's with this?”



Amelia blushed as Sorrow growled, “It's not what you think! You kind of forgot to tell her that red is not a good color to wear around Vampires and well”, he glared at her as he said the last part of the sentence, “anybody who has a brain could figure it out though.”



She snapped, “You insolent….”



Atherin smiled, “You two are getting along quit well.”



Sorrow and Amelia both said at the same time, “We are not!”



Atherin pulled Amelia along as he walked down to the outskirts of the Vampire throng, “Welcome brothers and sisters.”



Amelia jumped as all of the Vampires in one voice said, “Welcome, King Sorrow and Prince Atherin.”



Atherin nudged Amelia toward the crowd and he said, “This my friends, is the Maid of the Moon. The birthmark is where it should be. Look if you must.”



Amelia stood, wide-eyed as the Vampires pressed around her, their eyes scanning her neck and they nodded their heads in approval about something.



It was making Amelia nervous.



After they had all looked her over, she heard Atherin speak, “The Maid of the Moon is the one who shall save us from the ones who have fallen to darkness. She shall bring peace and prosperity to our kingdom but most of all….”



Amelia didn't know if she liked this `most of all' thing, what was the Maid of the Moon anyway, what do they want with her, what are they going to do with her if she isn't this Maid thingy and why were they all looking at her like she was some sort of queen or something?



She listened to Atherin as he continued, “She shall join with a Vampire king as the prophecy proclaims and they shall bear a half Vampire-half human son! He shall be the strongest King ever!”



This was getting way scary!



Her, be a Queen, marry a Vampire…. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!



And bearing the son is definitely NOT going to happen!!



She turned around from the gasping crowd and she about died as Atherin grabbed Sorrow's bare shoulder and loudly said, “This is the chosen king! I know he is!”



Atherin looked at Amelia and all she could think about as Sorrow brushed Atherin's hand off his shoulder with an obvious look of distaste in his eyes that she was going to kill herself before she married HIM!!!



Of all the people…. no, Vampires in the world, It had to be HIM!!!



She thought she was going to sink into the floor as all of it sank in, why Atherin had stayed with her all her life, why they had brought her down here and why she had that moon sign on her neck!



She was the Moon Maiden!



She vaguely heard Atherin yell over the crowd's gasps of surprise and reverence, “We shall have a ball in celebration of our Maiden's coming! Let's rejoice!”



All of the Vampires cheered as all of the men pressed up to Sorrow and all of the women headed towards Amelia.



Amelia gritted her teeth as they all stopped just a few yards from her, they acted like they were wary of her and how she would react as they all looked nervously at each other and back to her.



Amelia smiled but down inside she was screaming, “Get away from me!!!”



There was one girl who stepped out, her eyes were dark black, apparently that was her true color because it didn't flicker like Sorrow's had when he had first met her, her hair was gray and her skin was a pale creamy color, “Welcome, Maiden. I hope your stay is very comfortable. My name is Selena.”



Amelia choked out, “Um, hello. My name is Amelia. It's very nice to meet you.”



The rest of the women all walked up as she said her name.



At the fifteenth greeting, she looked over at Sorrow, who was looking on coldly as the men all bantered about him, not really talking to him and she smiled, sadly as she thought to herself, `He probably hates this idea as much as I do.'



It all felt like a nightmare that she would never wake up from.
























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment