Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Cat Fight and Info about the Vampire's Shapeshifti

Amelia is a every day normal girl until one day when she is tossed into a world full of Vampires, dark creatures and has to undo a age old curse on a Vampire Prince

Chapter 5 - Cat Fight and Info about the Vampire's Shapeshifti

Chapter 5 - Cat Fight and Info about the Vampire's Shapeshifti






Chapter Four









After the crowd had disappeared, well, there was still a small crowd around Atherin and Sorrow but most of the big vast room full of Vampires was vacated, Amelia walked slowly up to Atherin.



She about jumped three feet in the air as she felt a hand on her shoulder and a light voice in her ear, “You're a flighty creature, aren't you?”



Amelia turned around and was face to face with a sky blue eyed, red haired Vampire.



His smile was gentle but menacing in a weird sort of way.



Amelia gulped, “Um, well, it's my first time at a meeting surrounded by…..Vampires.”



She had almost said `Slimy and insolent creatures' but she had stopped herself and chose the milder word for how she saw them.



They were blood sucking creatures to her and they always will be.



She gasped as the Vampire grabbed her hand and wryly smiled, “Well, I hope you'll feel more comfortable around us since you have me as your bodyguard, miss.”



He bent down and kissed her hand, making her tremble from the cold soft touch of his lips.



She snapped awake from the reverie she was in and she quickly took her hand back from the Vampire, her usual anger covering up her embarrassement, “How dare you kiss me!”



The Vampire smirked, “What I did is a custom here. You'd better get used to it, miss Amelia.”



Amelia was about to leave but the Vampire continued, “Oh, I'm so impolite. My name is Deklin. Deklin McQueen. Not like most Vampires, I don't change my name when I'm changed. I am proud of my Irish name and I always will be.”



At the mention of when Vampires are changed, Amelia smiled, “Um, can you tell me about the Vampires and what they are? Since you seem to know a lot about them.”



Deklin grinned, “It might be because I am one, little miss.”



Amelia frowned, “Cut the sarcasm, please.”



Deklin shrugged, “As you wish. Now what do you want to know about us?”



Amelia looked around until she spotted two chairs in the corner near the door where Atherin and Sorrow were talking to two women and a man.



She smiled at Deklin, “I'll be right back.”



She walked up to the chairs, started to pull them towards Deklin and she would've made it without someone seeing her if it wasn't for the giggling woman whom Amelia used to call Megan, who looked over at her and said, really loudly, “What are you doing?”



That got everybody's attention and all of their eyes were on her as she was bent down in a very undignified manner, trying to pull the chairs over to Deklin.



She blushed furiously as Chelsea started to cackle like a Hyena, laughing on Atherin's shoulder, the grey haired woman named Selena looked on with a air of superiority as she clinged to Sorrow's chest, who didn't seem to mind at all but Atherin was definetly not likeing Chelsea's attentions.



The white haired Vampire smirked then left, a look of amusement and curiousity in his eyes.



Amelia stopped trying to pull the chairs and stomped up to Chelsea, fury taking over her embarrassement again!



She made a mental note that after she had told Chelsea off that she was going to have to work on that rage mentality of hers but right now, she didn't give a care if she hurt Chelsea's feelings or not.



Amelia growled, “What do you think I'm doing?”



Chelsea was still in the process of giggling her head off and she squealed, “I don't know. Seeing how far you can throw the chair? Hahaha!”



Amelia couldn't stand it any longer!



“Okay, that's it! I didn't think that you could get any more annoying then you already were but I guess you proved me wrong. You're a stupid, cackling Hyena!”



Amelia gasped as she realized that the words were coming out of her mouth!



The hall was silent as the four Vampires looked on, in silence.



Chelsea looked like she wanted to wring Amelia's neck, Atherin looked shocked and Selena looked as calm as ever but there was a dangerous flickering in her black eyes that Amelia spelled as trouble.



What really surprised Amelia was Sorrow's face.



His eyes, always cold and hard were almost smiling at her.



She glanced at where Selena was and gasped as she noticed that she was gone.



She felt a light tapping on her shoulder.



She slightly turned around and she instinctively closed her eyes as Selena's fist slammed into her face, knocking her back into someone who kept her from falling on the floor.



Amelia coughed as blood filled her nostrils and mouth, choking her as she struggled to get up and open her eyes.



She coughed, “You….disgusting…”



She felt a arm around her and she tried to pull away, desperately wanting to get at Selena.



Amelia stopped struggling when she heard that light, irritating chuckle in her ear, “Well, well, well…you are a little panther, aren't you?”



Now she was undecided.



Who to punch, Miss Strike-her-in-the-Back-While-She-Isn't-Looking or Mr. I'm-Beautiful-And-You-Know-It?



She was about to decide on the latter when Selena's voice broke through her contemplation and her words definetly decided the outcome of her decision, “How dare you insult my sister, you filthy wench! And I saw you stareing at the King in a filthy manner! You're a disgrace and I will never accept you as my Queen or the Maiden of the Moon! Just the sight of you makes my skin crawl.”



Amelia's eyes snapped open, her vision was blurry but she could make out shapes and she smirked as a plan formed in her mind.



She grinned, “Well, that was all very complimentary and all but….you forgot one thing.”



Selena growled from somewhere in front of her, “Say it while you still have a tongue.”



“Well, I'm a lot prettier then you and I don't hit like a wuss!”



She heard a growl and she heard a snap from somewhere beside her and Amelia guessed it was Atherin, “Stop it, Selena! She's blind for Heaven's sake!”



Amelia's head snapped to where she heard approaching footsteps and she slipped out of Sorrow's arms, “Come on, you Vampire wench!”



She saw a blur in the corner of her eye, launched herself sideways and she elbowed Selena in the side, bringing her other arm around to slam it into her face with all the strength that she had!



She heard a growl of frustration and a thud.



Amelia jumped back, expecting Selena to jump up and attack her.



Selena whispered from somewhere on the ground, “You're a formidable opponent but we shall fight another time, when you can see and are prepared.”



She felt someone grab ahold of her from behind and she struggled slightly but relaxed when she heard Atherin's voice, “I'm taking you to your room, okay?”



Amelia nodded, “Okay.”



She was carried all the way to her room and she tried to clear her eyes by blinking a few times but it was not working.



She whispered, “Um, Atherin…is it just you and me in the room?”



Atherin answered, “For a little while, yes. But I called for someone who can heal your eyes, your nose and mouth. She shall be here shortly. And Deklin is outside the door but I don't think he will come in without permission.”



Amelia reached out her arms, trying to feel where Atherin was and she heard his footsteps come from across the room to where she was, grabbing ahold of her hands, “What is it, Sis?”



Amelia was really unnerved about not being able to see, it was about to drive her insane!



She hated not knowing what was going on around her, where she was and the reaction on people's faces when they talked but she pushed on anyway, “I want….to know everything. Why I am here, what's going to happen to me now, what's the Moon Maiden and what are Vampires?”



There was a long silence and she squeezed Atherin's hands in encouragement as she smiled, “You can tell me. It's not going to freak me out or anything, I mean I am sooo past the stage of freaked out right now, hehe.”



Atherin sighed, “I guess I'll have to explain it to you sooner or later. I guess now would be the best time then any.”



She felt him sit down on the bed beside her, his arm around her and his other hand still in hers, “I'll start with the basics. What we are. Alright?”



Amelia was scared, scared to hear the truth and what the future held for her but at the same time, she was curious and excited, she had always wanted to be a part of something big and important and she had been given her chance.



She took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, “Okay, I'm listening.”



Atherin began to tell his ancestor's story.



“Vampires are not like people see us as. Some people see us as cold blooded killers, who hunt after people to drink their blood and leave them for dead. Well, I guess they are partially true for that was the way we once were, pillaging and killing just for the fun of it and making some humans our slaves so we could have a constant supply of blood by our sides.



But there arose a Vampire noble who's name was Arkane who lived with the humans peaceably, taking their blood when they wanted him to but they always had a price for him, like keeping their flocks safe by killing Werewolves and other such small tasks that were hard for humans but small, insignificant tasks for us. He was considered the protector of the people and most of the Vampires followed his ways, the ways of peace and harmony but there were some who disagreed.



Another Vampire noble named Raven who got his name from the rumor that his soul and heart was as black as the Raven's feathers. He had no care of mortal's lives or cares and he killed them at his own whim. He had a lot of followers also.



Meanwhile, Arkane had found a Mortal woman named Charlotte who's family had been attacked and slaughtered by Werewolves. He took pity on her and took care of her. Well, as time went by, he fell in love with her and that is something that no Vampire has ever done before. Find true love, I mean.



Raven heard of this and he went to see if it was true. When he found out that the rumors were definetly true, he found the King of the Werewolves, Shianna and he struck a bargain with him, he infects Arkane with their curse and he shall kill the woman. The Werewolf King agreed, he hated Arkane for killing his kindred, he wanted revenge and if there was any way to hurt a Vampire's pride and that's to scar them with the curse of the Werewolf.



One night, when Arkane left his precious Charlotte to go help a family who was plagued with Werewolves, Raven slaughtered her in her sleep and he left the mark of the Raven on the wall above her head.

When Arkane found the family, he noticed that the Wolf King himself was there but it was too late to back out because the King had seen him. Arkane fought with all his might but Shianna bit him right before Arkane sliced his throat with his silver dagger.



He went running back to Charlotte but he was too late. He changed into a Werewolf in his grief and cried his heart out to the moon, his hurt heart never healing.



It is like this till this day. Arkane's descendants have been hunting down Raven's descendants still cursed to this day to change to the cursed Werewolf every full moon and cry their great ancestor's pain to the world.”



Amelia was shocked, “That's….that's a terrible story. The poor Vampire. It's almost like I can feel his pain when he saw Charlotte dead and he cried out to the moon. Is that natural?”



Atherin had a weird tone to his voice when he said these next few words and Amelia wished that she could see his face, “It's not unnatural….because she was your Ancestor. She was the first of the Moon Maidens.”



Amelia gasped, “What?!”



Atherin continued, “It's true. That's why he was drawn to her and every Vampire King is drawn to them. The Moon Maiden has been destined since the dawn of time to bear a child of a Vampire King and her son can either bring Peace or Destruction. It depends on who gets her first.”



Amelia was not liking the way Atherin's voice was kind of wavery when he said that, “For some reason, I don't think I want to know who this other person is who can get me first.”



Atherin squeezed her hands, “The Fallen One's King. Raven's descendant can also wed the Moon Maiden but it must be of her own free will. That's why there hasn't been any children from the Moon Maiden, most of them refuse to be wed to either Vampire King and most of them have been destroyed by Raven's kin.”



Amelia asked him the one question that had been bothering her all the time he had been telling the story, “Um, so…..does that mean that, Sorrow is Arkane's descendant?”



Atherin answered, “Yes, he is. But don't tell him that you know that he's a Werewolf.”



Amelia was confused, “Why?”



He seemed to be confused at why she would ask why Sorrow would be ashamed, “Vampires and Werewolves are bitter enemies and it's considered a dishonor for a Vampire to be plagued by the curse.”



Amelia asked, “So, does that mean, since you and Rose are his brother and sister, do you both change to Werewolves too?”



Atherin snorted, apparently in disgust at the thought, “Thank heavens, no! Me and Rose are half brother and sister to Sorrow. His mother was our mother but thankfully she wasn't the one with the curse on her.”



Amelia let her head hang down in exhaustion, “I see. So, I'm the Moon Maiden and you're all expecting me to accept Sorrow as my husband, bear a son of peace and be your Queen. You don't expect a lot from people do you?”



Amelia could hear a smile in Atherin's voice as he laughed, “Not very much at all.”



He sighed, “Oh, Amelia. I'm so sorry that I thrust this all upon you but I had to. I….”



He stopped talking as Amelia heard the door open and little footsteps approached the bed, a small voice asked, “You called for me, brother?”



Atherin answered, “Hello little Bunny, how are you?”



Rose answered, “Fine! It doesn't look like Amelia's okay though.”



Atherin whispered, “I need you to heal her for me. Her eyes have been blinded, her nose has been broken and I think her jaw may be out of place. You think you can handle it or do you need some help?”



Amelia was starting to panic at the thought of her life in a little kid's hands as she answered, “It'll be a piece of cake. Can you lay back for me Amelia?”



Amelia nodded as she leaned back on the bed, feeling Atherin's hands guiding her all the way down as she asked Atherin, trying to keep her cool, “How did you call her to heal me?”



Atherin answered from beside her, “It's called Telepathy. Vampires have that ability and some certain abilities are stronger then others like Rose's ability is healing, mine is persuasion and Sorrow's is light magic and the Warrior's way.”



Atherin continued as Amelia felt her body slowly becoming numb and she could feel tingling sensations all over her face and hand, the one she had punched Selena with, “We also can shapeshift. We all have certain two animals that represent our heart and spirit, sometimes they are like our parent's animals. Mine are the Rattlesnake and the Hawk. My mother's animal had been the Snake and the Hawk represents my spirit.



Rose's animals are a Rabbit which represents her spirit and the Cat represents our father's animal. Sorrow's animals are a black Stag that represents his spirit and a white Wolf that is his father's animal and had been Arkane's animal also and his curse.”



She could barely keep her eyes open as she yawned, “That's….so cool.”



Atherin whispered, “Go to sleep, Amelia. Rest and heal yourself.”



Amelia fought a little bit longer but she stopped as she felt herself slip into a warm blanket of sleep and rest.



But her dreams were plagued by a White Wolf, it's eyes glowed Amber and she could hear it's voice screaming in her ear, “My love! My Charlotte is dead! Why is life so cruel?! WHY?! WHY?!”



She tried to comfort it but it left, howling into the night it's endless cry of pain and heartbreak.



She cried along with the wolf as it screamed it's tearful song.














Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment