Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Helping a Vampire

Amelia is a every day normal girl until one day when she is tossed into a world full of Vampires, dark creatures and has to undo a age old curse on a Vampire Prince

Chapter 7 - Helping a Vampire

Chapter 7 - Helping a Vampire




Chapter Six







Arkane was wishing that he hadn't had asked that question as Amelia poured out her soul and heart to the strange but somehow familiar vampire.



He yawned as she rattled on and on about how Sorrow was a terrible person, “Since the first day I laid eyes on him, he has done nothing but irritate me!”



Arkane chuckled lightly, “Sounds like you like this…Sorrow.”



Amelia gasped, “I've never heard such a….foolish…thing.”



Arkane smirked, “That's the same look that I had on my face when I argued with myself those cold and lonely nights, trying to convince myself that I loathed Charlotte.”



Amelia fidgeted as she quickly changed the subject, “Um, so are you dead or have you been trapped in this place for….”, she counted on some of her fingers then she stopped, a confused look on her face, “I…Sorrow didn't tell me when you died just that you died, I don't think he did anyways.”



Arkane was watching Amelia with an amused and almost concerned look on his face at her bewilderment.



He drew the black robe that she had rushed back to her time to get for him closer to himself because she refused to talk or even look at him unless he put some sort of clothes on.



He whispered, “Don't fret, young one. It happened to me also. I forgot everything except for what Raven wanted me to remember and that was just to torture me endlessly.”, He sighed as he continued, “And yes, I am dead. I've been dead for a long time but Raven still tortures my spirit, keeping me trapped here for as long as he desires.”



Arkane jumped back as Amelia jumped up from where she was sitting on a stump of a tree in the middle of a clearing that he had come to call home, “I've got it!!”



He raised an eyebrow, curious as to how she was going to thwart Raven's plans of keeping him trapped here forever, “And what exactly have you got?”



She smiled, “You can come back with me!”



Now both of Arkane's eyebrows rose of their own accord, “Oh, and how do you suppose we do that, young one?”



Amelia looked crestfallen, “Uh….uh….I don't know…..but I'll think of something!”



Arkane sighed as he watched Amelia ponder his situation as she walked in circles, a finger curled around her chin and he perked up when she stopped, “I've got it! Um…what's that thing with you Vampires and connecting with your prey? Um, well, you can do that with me and maybe it will like pull you along with me through the portal that I had used to come here. Do you think it's possible or is it a stupid idea?”



Arkane felt a little spark of hope as he thought about what she had said and he smiled at her, “Well, it's worth a try.”



Amelia started to feel nervous, “Um, good but….how do we go about doing that then?”



He looked startled, “You mean, you haven't been taken by a Vampire and you have been living with them for a day now?! The Vampires must've grown weak since I have left.”



Amelia could feel her hands tremble but she willed them to stop as she nodded her head, “If you mean, been bitten by a Vampire. I have been bitten then.”



Arkane looked her straight in the eyes as he asked slowly, “Then why do you shiver with fear, young one? Did a Vampire hurt you?”



Amelia shook her head quickly, “No, no! It's not that, it's just…kinda weird for me, that's all. If you was the one getting the blood drained out of you I think you would feel a little speck of nervousness too, wouldn't you?”



Arkane smiled sadly, “Why yes, I guess I would. It's been so long since I've been changed….I have forgotten how it had felt.”



Amelia licked her lips nervously, “Well then…..should we get started?”



Arkane's amber eyes glowed as he beckoned her to come closer to him, his voice was soothing, “Come to me, young one and it'll all be over soon enough.”



Amelia bit her lip as she walked over to Arkane and she was surprised as he held out his arms, a gentle smile on his lips, “I promise, I won't bite…too hard.”



Amelia let herself fall into Arkane's arm's and she flinched as he pulled her close to him, his bare chest cold as her warm skin met his but his voice calmed her down, making her feel drowsy from lack of sleep, “Young one, you must be tired. Rest, rest as I replenish myself. It would all be for the best if you did.”



She relaxed, her eyes falling shut as she felt Arkane's hands brushing her reddish blonde hair away from her neck and face.



She struggled to stay awake but she was fighting a losing battle as she slowly fell into a blanket of sleep.



But right before she was completely in the thrall of sleep, she felt cold, hard fangs slowly sliding into her neck and she hoped that the ancient Vampire wouldn't suck her dry.






























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment