Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Jobs

some story that my mind came up with after reading a really really sad and depressing story.

Chapter 3 - Jobs

Chapter 3 - Jobs
Anyway, back to the present, I got up woke frank and then scuttled around as usual getting ready. We left the house together and walked in the shadowy road up to the tall building at the end of the road. The building we were heading to was a job centre. We had been here a few months now and we had run out of food and drink about a week ago. We used to scavenge off people but now nobody has enough food to spare. We decided it was time to get jobs and earn money to keep ourselves alive. We walked into the building. It was dark and old inside just like the rest of this dump of a village. We walked up flights of stairs until we came to a dark corridor with many open doors either side. We walked into the first one and sat on chairs, waiting. There was a light on at the back of the room and a few desks and chairs around. There were 3 people behind the desks in the room.
“Come here” the 1st person said. I walked towards the desk and sat down.
“What do you want” She said aggressively. It reminded me of home.
“Im-Im here for a job” I said shyly
“Well, what can you do” she asked, stabbing her pencil viciously against the desk.
“Well… Urm… I sing.. I draw.. I..Er...I-I don’t know”
“That’ll do… there’s a job in the bar down the road. You will be a singer there and help tidy away at the end of the night. You will be paid £10 an hour n the job is 3-5 hours. Okay?” She said, shoving a piece of paper towards me.
“Th-Thankyou” I said getting up from my seat and shuffling back to the chairs.
“You…Come here now” the 2nd person said, pointing at frank and calling him over. He sat down gingerly and looked at the woman, looking scared.
“Well, the only job we have for you, considering your age, is working in a food factory, bottling drinks and stacking cans ready to be sent away.” She said, looking at me. She sounded tired.
“Okay… well… how much would I get and how long is it?” Frank said looking down at the table.
“£10 an hour and its 3 hours work, 5-8” She said, handing me the address.
“Okay… Thank you” Frank said reading the piece of paper.
“Go” she said, shooing me away. I got up from my seat and walked fast toward Gerard who was already walking towards the door.

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SpiritRandomer on August 3, 2008, 2:46:44 AM

SpiritRandomer on
SpiritRandomerHEHE LOL SHOO, LOL OK I'M LOLING, BUT I REALY DO UNDERSTAND K? *FAVES*

xMitchx on August 20, 2008, 5:52:19 AM

xMitchx on
xMitchxyuu understand all tuu well dnt yuu! yuu understand my life tuu well :P

xMitchx on August 13, 2008, 8:31:25 PM

xMitchx on
xMitchxLol ok ty x well ill c yuu wen yuu get back and ill talk tuu yuu then... ily and ma lil frankie pancake!

SpiritRandomer on August 16, 2008, 12:21:17 AM

SpiritRandomer on
SpiritRandomerFRANKIE PANCAKE?? WTF...OK ON SECOND THOUGHTS I DNT WANNA KNOW ...WHAT AM I THEN? ......OH YER AND IYM frackING BACK dog :D :D :D WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ME AND YOUR 'FRANKIE PANCAKE' WERE TEXTIN EACHOTHER ALL HOLIDAY :D FUN....TWAS RANDOM ....VERY...AND FLUX GOT STUNG BY A WASP? YUP...FUN...WELL NOT FUN...BUT...STILL...
AN I HASA BETTER NCKNAME 'FRANKERZ' :D TIS MUCH MORE BETTER


frack YERRRR WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DISENCHANTED IS ON AND I'VE GONE A WEEK WITHOUT IT :D

xMitchx on August 20, 2008, 5:51:25 AM

xMitchx on
xMitchxyuur meen tuu me and i noo ALL about yuur lil texts n stuff HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i am yuur personal stalker oh ^^ and i duno y its frankie pancake just came into ma hed but i needs a new 1 and shall fink of 1 str8 afta i finish Frerard story :P

MyChemicalCookies on August 2, 2008, 6:54:25 PM

MyChemicalCookies on
MyChemicalCookieshehe luffs ya story gee XO
it rocz

xMitchx on August 2, 2008, 7:49:53 PM

xMitchx on
xMitchxits a sad story and yuu say it rocks frank? strange child... but ty anyday XD