Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Christmas

This is a story that I have been writing that is based on actual events in my life, in a way. In the story the girl is breaking out of her comfort shell and becoming the person she wants to be. Other people consider her a poser as she makes these changes.

Chapter 1 - Christmas

Chapter 1 - Christmas
  Christmas. A time for happiness and joy. Even those who don't have much often feel better around Christmas time. It's just a happy time of the year. Of course, there are the people who always feel bad, and Christmas doesn't mean anything to them. They don't go to chruch, or even really have a religion. They probably just go to chruch with their parents as a social gathering. Another place to do up their makeup and dress all pretty so that they can try to catch the eye of a hottie, even though they have a boyfriend. They don't pay attention in chruch. In fact, they probably don't know the story of Christmas. They just give presents, because that's all they think it is. That's all they have been raised to do. Buy presents and give them to people.
   Those would be people like my friends. I've noticed alot of things like that about them, lately. They only dress from Aeropostle, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and all those really expensive stores, when there are cheaper clothes stores in the mall. But no, they have to have brand name clothes and shoes, everything. They can't even buy a keychain that doesn't come from some random big company, for fear that it will kill them. They make fun of all these people in really rude ways. Like they should be ashamed for being themselves, by dressing the way they want. Like it's their fault that they're them, or alive, or anything. They steriotype everyone.
   This Christmas I didn't ask for much. I asked for a cordless phone for my room and a few books. I got alot more, but for a different reason. My birthday is also on Christmas. Which, I think, sucks. Instead of being able to have two days a year to celebrate, I only get one. Which seems selfish, but it's true. 
  Every year since I was four, I've had a big birthday bash on New years eve. Then, I turned fourteen. And I realized I was being gyped. My parents would invite all of their friends, and tell me it was a birthday party. It really did take me that long to realize it, but when I did, man did they get a yelling at. So I always have a party in the middle of January. This year, I turned 18. I decided that I didn't want a party. Nothing against parties, but I've changed alot in the past year, or so I think.   
  My name is Aphrodite. I was named after a greek goddess, even though I am nothing of the sort. Aphrodite was the goddess of love, lust, and beauty. Again, nothing of the sort. I don't think that I'm the least bit beautiful, and I have never been in love. I've been in lust, but it's never gone anywhere. I'm not the kind of person who can like someone right away. I don't love someone at first sight or anything. I have to get to know them. 
  My theory on crushes, love, and boyfriends is this. How can you love someone at first sight? Maybe like at first sight, but even then, looks don't matter. It's whats inside that really counts. But even if you do love someone at first sight, wouldn't it be better to become friends first? So that you're not rushing into anything? And then, if you're friends with them, you get to know them before you date them, meaning that you know more about them. You know thier intrests and hobbies and whatnot. Where as if you just rush into a relationship, it might be ackward at first because you don't know anything about each other.
  It's funny, because none of my friends think this way. Of course, I never talk about these things to them. Whenever I really speak my mind, they call me emo and tell me to go sit in a dark corner and cut myself.
  For Christmas, a few relatives came over for dinner and presents. They gave me birthday and Christmas presents, as usual.
  "So, how old are you this year?" They would ask, as if they didn't know. Really, they're just really making conversation. They already know. Either that, or they don't care.
  "I'm eightteen." I would reply, as if I didn't catch on to them. Polite and innocent. Which is what everyone thinks I am. I'm the quiet girl who just holds in her thoughts, because they're not what anyone else would think I would be thinking about.
  I'm the kind of person who will spend more time on homework then makeup and hair combined. My routine in the morning takes 30 minutes. I get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, wash my face, straighten my hair quickly (I have a part that attached to my hair dryer), add eyeliner, curl my eyelashes, add mascara, put my shoes on, and then I'm all set to go to school.
  I get some nice stuff for Christmas and Birthday, but some of it is downright stupid. Like, my aunt who got me horrible glasses accesories. (Yes, I wear glasses).
  The best part of my Christmas Vacation is always going back to school. Which will be happening in 5 days. The worst part is the New Years Eve party, and if I make it through that this year, I will be truly amazed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment