Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Trying to enjoy myself

I wrote this story in high school, Karoline you probably did the same thing so post yours!

Chapter 1 - Trying to enjoy myself

Chapter 1 - Trying to enjoy myself
When I’m feeling really hot and the humidity is outrageous, I know its time to go to the beach. Yesterday I went to the beach and it was horrible. I walked around the beach for forty minutes looking for a place to put my things. The sand felt hot and scratchy on my feet and the humidity pulled at my hair, making it frizzy. The sun was scolding my back because I did not yet apply sun block. When I got closer to the ocean I could faintly taste the saltwater in my mouth. I looked over to the water, amazed at the horizon line. Far off boats were carefully gliding across the water, making small ripples in the water. Closer to shore surfers were taking daring risks trying to outdo each other's tricks-
“Hey, watch it, chick!” An angry man bumped into me causing me to drop my things. It was so gross because he was covered in slimy, sticky sweat. He also smelled strongly of body odor, which made me nauseous. I hesitantly picked up my things and finally found a spot on the beach; it was small, but useable. When I was done I walked over to the water. I jumped back feeling its coldness. Slowly I merged back into it until I was about waist high. I could barely walk around with all those people in the water! I decided to go back ashore and find something to eat; my stomach was growling really loudly.
The line at The Shore Shack was really long. I think I waited for almost an hour to get a meal. I sat on the beach where my stuff was to eat my food. I ordered a hamburger, fries, pina colada, and strawberry ice cream. The hamburger was delicious; I’m not sure what kind of meat it was though. It didn’t taste like regular beef to me, and I’m not so sure if that’s a good. The fries tasted a little like sand, but I thought that it must be normal to have sand in your food at the beach. I loved the refreshing taste of the pina colada because it felt good against the extreme heat. By the time I got to my ice cream it had already melted. I got a little aggravated, but I let it slide.
I walked over to a pile of sand which I think it used to be a child’s sand castle. I built a couch out of the sand, which really impressed me. The impression must have struck other people too because when I came back to take a picture of it, three little kids were sitting on it and ruining it. I snapped a photo of what was left of it and stomped back to my belongings. Furiously, I packed my things and went back to my car. I swore to myself that I would never go to the beach alone again.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment