Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

First, she finds that her guardians arent human. Then she finds that she isnt human. then she finds that the boy she likes/hates isnt human. Then she finds that her biological father wants her for her powers. Then he kidnaps them all.

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four
“See, it’s not so bad once it’s all cleaned up,” declared Kieran proudly.

“Yeah, well, thanks to me. I practically did everything.” scowled Jaxon.

“Well, you can’t possibly expect me to do anything with a broken arm, can you?” Kieran smirked.

Jaxon gritted his teeth, lowered his voice and muttered dire threats so that only Kieran could hear.

Kieran ignored him. “Dinner, anyone?” He called out cheerfully.

Luca hopped off the couch and into the kitchen. “That depends. What are we having?” He asked.

Kieran looked at what he prepared. “Erm, cheese on toast,” he said.

“…Are you serious?”

“Well, you can have plain toast if you want,” Kieran snapped, annoyed.

Luca rolled his eyes and reached for two pieces of toast. “One’s for Arianne,” He said when Kieran was about to stop him. He ambled back to the couch, where Ari was sitting. “Here you go.” He handed her a piece of toast.

“Thanks,” Ari said, lifting it to her mouth and taking a bite. Luca sat down on the other side of the couch and silently ate his dinner.

Ari sneaked a look at him. He had a foot on the couch, his arm draped over the knee. With his other hand, he popped the last of his toast into his mouth. He turned his head to look at her when he had finished chewing, and for a second, Ari considered looking away, but it was no use, he had already caught her. Luca raised an eyebrow.

Ari racked her brain for something to say. “You eat fast,” she said lamely, mentally kicking herself for saying something stupid.

He grinned, and Ari looked down at her half-eaten toast, feeling the heat creeping up her cheeks. Luca shifted down to her side of the couch. He lifted her chin and grinned again. She looked adorable when she blushed.

“You have something on your face,” he said, looking for some kind of excuse. He reached over and stroked the side of her face with his thumb, brushing away an imaginary toast crumb.

“Thanks.” She licked her lips, and looked away again. She was aware that his hand was still under her chin.

Kieran walked over, standing in front of them. He cocked one eyebrow and smirked. “As much as I’m enjoying the young love, I’m afraid it’s time for bed.”

Arianne glared at him before slamming the door on the way into her room.


Kieran and Luca exchanged a look. They shrugged. Then Kieran remembered something. He went over to Jaxon. “Aren’t we supposed to tell her tonight?”

“Tell her what?” Jaxon asked, just a bit too quickly.

“Don’t you dare back out on this.” Kieran’s eyes narrowed.

“But…I…okay, fine. Let’s go tell her.”

Kieran knocked on Ari’s door and peeked in.

“Ari, Jaxon and I need to tell you something. Can you come to the living room for a while? ”

Ari glared at him before stomping back into the living room and plopping back onto the sofa.

Kieran looked at Jaxon.

Jaxon sighed. “Ari, we’re…not who or what you think we are.” He took a deep breath. “Ari, we’re…not human.”

The girl looked at them for a minute and burst out laughing.

“Arianne, we’re serious.” Kieran said.

Ari stopped laughing, and looked at Kieran. He never called her Arianne unless it was something important. “Well, if you’re not human, or should I say, if you don’t think you’re human, what do you think you are?”

Kieran bit his bottom lip nervously. “I’m a werewolf.”

Ari looked at him incredulously. “You think you’re a werewolf?”

“I know I’m a werewolf,” Kieran said softly. “I would …phase into a wolf just to show you, but it would freak you out.”

Ari sat back and folded her legs beneath her. “Phase.”

“What?” came a surprised reply.

“You heard me,” Arianne said. “Phase.”

“But…” Kieran looked to Jaxon for help. Jaxon shrugged.

“Okay, I’ll phase. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Kieran said, raising his eyebrows.

Arianne settled herself down on the sofa. “Go on.”

Kieran took a deep breath and walked over where there was a lot of space. He closed his eyes to let the transformation take place. He could feel himself dropping lower to the ground, his nose stretching longer, fur sprouting out, and he could feel the swishing of his tail behind his legs.

He whimpered and slowly walked over to the girl. She had frozen into place, her eyes wide. He cocked his furry head and looked at her, whining softly from the back of his throat.

“Ki…is that…you?” She asked, holding out her hand.

Kieran nodded, and licked the hand that had been held out to him. She was surprised, but quickly recovered, and began stroking his head and scratching behind his ears. Kieran let out a deep, soft growl of satisfaction from the back of his throat.

“That’s…amazing!” Arianne exclaimed.

Kieran looked expectantly at Jaxon.

“I guess it’s my turn,” Jaxon said, sighing heavily. “Ari, I’m not human, but I’m not a werewolf, either.”

The girl raised her eyes, running her fingers through Kieran’s fur.

“I’m…a vampire.”

Ari’s eyes grew wide. “So…do you like, drinking human blood?”

Jaxon winced. “Yeah.”

Arianne bit her lip. “You’re not going to…drink my blood or anything, are you?”

Jaxon’s eyes widened. “No, no, I won’t…hurt you.”

Ari smiled. “I know you won’t. I’m just...trying to get used to the facts.” She narrowed her eyes mockingly. “You don’t have to prove to me you’re a vampire, by the way. Just in case you were wondering. I believe you.”

Jaxon rolled his eyes.

Kieran looked at Luca. “How are you taking it?”

Luca shot him a look. “How do you think I’m taking it? I already know.”

Ari turned to Luca. “You already know?” She asked, her eyes narrowing.

Kieran pursed his lips, annoyed. “It’s called acting, Luca. You should try it sometime.”

Luca glared at him. “How the hell was I supposed to know that you were acting and not suffering from memory lapse?”

“Okay, Q and A time.” Jaxon announced, interrupting them. “Anything you want to ask us?”

“Er, yeah,” Arianne said. She turned to Luca. “You already know?”

Luca shrugged and gave her a weak smile. Arianne glared at him and turned to Kieran. “Why did you tell him before you told me?” She demanded.

“We didn’t tell him,” Kieran defended himself. “He just sort of…knew.”

Arianne turned to Luca again and opened her mouth to ask him something, but Luca quickly shook his head and mouthed the word “later”.

Ari looked suspiciously at him, but asked a different question. “Another question: Kieran doesn’t really use make up, does he?”

Jaxon chuckled while Kieran gave a low growl.

“No, no he doesn’t.” Jaxon said quickly.

“So werewolves heal really quickly?”

“Not as fast as vampires do.”

“Cool! So are you like really strong and fast?”
“Yeah,” Jaxon said. Then he smirked. “Can’t say the same for Kieran, though.”

Kieran growled. Then he remembered something. He phased back to human form and exchanged a look with Jaxon. “Ari, we still have one more thing we have to tell you, but don’t freak out, okay?”

“If I can accept the fact that you’re a werewolf and that Jax is a vampire, I don’t think there’s anything I can’t take.” Ari said, raising her eyebrows.

Jaxon bit his lower lip. “Uh, well…”

“Erm, you’re not human.” Kieran said quickly.

The girl stared at them, shock registering in her eyes.

“Well, you’re partially human, if that helps.” Kieran offered, smiling weakly.

“Partially?! That makes it even worse!” The girl cried.

Kieran and Jaxon looked at each other, but didn’t say anything.

“So what am I?” Arianne asked.

There was no reply.

“What am I?” The girl shouted suddenly, scaring Luca. He was used to girls simpering and batting their eyelashes. Shouting? Not so much. “Tell me. I have a right to know.”

Kieran cleared his throat. “Well, basically, you’re er…you’re a quarter human...” He looked at Jaxon.
“A quarter werewolf and half witch.” Jaxon finished off quickly.

“Oh my God,” Arianne exclaimed. “I’m a freak.”

“Of course you’re not!” Both Kieran and Jaxon hurried to say. “You’re anything but that.”

“And you don’t get old, so you don’t get wrinkles or anything,” Kieran added.

Jaxon looked at him as if he had grown another head.

“What?” Kieran defended himself. “I’m trying to look at this from a girl’s perspective.”

Jaxon rolled his eyes while Luca tried not to laugh. His laughing mood however, disappeared as quickly as it came when Arianne started shouting again.

“Is that why the man was after me? To put me into a circus, or something?” She screamed.

“Don’t answer that,” Kieran muttered to Jaxon, who had opened his mouth to reply.

There was a long silence.

Just when Kieran started to open his mouth to say something, Arianne spoke.

“I’ll be in my room,” she spat out before hurtling out of the room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment