Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
13/4/2006 15:36

Reminder: Kaley and Jason’s 13th birthday


“I’m tired of staying in the house all the time,” Jason complained, standing up and stretching. “Why can’t we go out into the garden?”

“Because Mom said so. And so did Dad. We’re never allowed in the garden.”

“Why? It’s not like we’re going to walk into a tree, suffer from severe head trauma and die.”

“Actually, you’d be surprised at how much that happens.”

“Don’t be stupid.” He started walking away from her.

“Jason, where are you going?”

“To the garden.”

“Do you have a death wish? If Mom and Dad ever find out—”

“They’re not going to find out.”

“Oh, really. And how do you know that?”

“Kaley, all I’m going to do is walk around it once and come back. I’m tired of being stuck in here all the time. Look outside. Go on. Look.”

Kaley looked outside unwillingly. The garden really was beautiful. She had imagined going there for more times than she could remember.

“See?” Jason said. “It’s a nice day outside. And here we are, stuck inside this stuffy old house, when all our friends get to play in their gardens. It’s not fair.”

“But Jason…”

“You can stay here if you want.” Jason disappeared opened the door to the garden and sunlight poured into the house. “I’m going.”

Kaley sighed. Having Jason as a twin brother was annoying. She got up reluctantly and followed her brother outside the house.

The garden was even more beautiful than she had known it would be. The breeze rippling through her blonde hair, she went around, paying tribute to every flower and plant she saw, loving the floral perfume that lingered in the air.

“Kales!” Jason beckoned to her. “Come over here for a sec.”

Kaley got up and trudged slowly towards her brother. He was probably going to pull another one of his pranks on her. The problem was that she had to listen to him, because he was older than her. Seven and a half minutes older than her, to be precise. Which really wasn’t fair.

“What is it, Jason?” she asked him warily, standing a good distance away from him in case he suddenly dunked water onto her head. It had happened before, and she didn’t look forward to reliving it.

“Come here. Closer.”

“No.”

“I swear it isn’t some kind of trick. Just come here. I want to show you something.”

“You can show me from here.”

“You can only see it from where I’m standing.”

Kaley looked at her brother suspiciously and decided that for once, he actually looked sincere. “Fine,” she muttered. “But I swear to God, if you—”

He grabbed her and pulled her onto the rock where he was standing and pointed. “Look.”

Kaley looked. “What?”

“Don’t you see it?”

“See what?”

Jason sighed impatiently. “Tell me what you see, Kales.”

“Trees.”

“Exactly.” Jason looked at her, and she looked right back at him, wondering what the punch line was.

“What?” she asked him when he looked at her like she was stupid.

“Are you stupid?”

“Shut up and tell me what it is, you freak.”

“Do you see the pond that’s at the back of the garden?” He pointed to the pond that was a few feet away in front of them. “Do you remember what was behind it?”

Kaley looked at him. Was he suffering from short term memory loss? “There’s a wall behind the pond, Jason,” she said slowly and clearly as if talking to a three year old and not a twelve year old one. “A wall that runs all the way around the garden.”

“Exactly,” Jason said, mirroring her tone. “And do you see the wall anywhere?”

Kaley frowned. “It’s gone.”

“No! Really?” Jason drawled sarcastically. “Look at those trees, Kales. We’ve never seen them before when we were looking at the garden from the inside.”

Kaley’s frowned deepened. “For once, you’re actually right.”

“Come on.” He ran towards the trees.

“Jason! Where are you going?” she yelled after him, although she fully knew the answer.

“I want to check it out.”

“Jason! No! We’re supposed to go back in now. Mom and Dad could be home any moment!”

“You can go back if you want.” With that, Jason disappeared into the trees.

“Jason! Jason! Come back here!” There was no sign of him. “I swear to God…” Kaley muttered as she sprinted towards the trees after her brother.

“Jason? Where are you? I’m not kidding now.”

Silence.

Kaley looked frantically around her. She was surrounded by trees. She whirled around and realised she had no idea how to get out of the forest.

“Where are you? Jason? It’s not funny.”

Silence.

“Please. I’m scared.”

Silence.

“Jason?”

Silence.

***

MISSING

NAME: JASON KENDRICK SANDERS
AGE: 13
HAIR: SHORT, LIGHT BROWN
EYES: SILVERY GREY
SIBLING(S): KALEY LARA SANDERS (TWIN)

Name: KALEY LARA SANDERS
AGE: 13
HAIR: LONG, STRAWBERRY BLONDE
EYES: BLUE
SIBLING(S): JASON KENDRICK SANDERS (TWIN)

IF FOUND, PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE OR MR. AND MRS. SANDERS THROUGH:
(912) 850-0586

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xxnataxx on June 2, 2009, 2:47:41 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxoh btw i changed the tigers into ligers lol i dont know, but ligers are more powerful and stuff like that so...yea lol
xx

Kaley on June 1, 2009, 6:59:02 AM

Kaley on
Kaleyquestion... when's the next chapter coming out?

this was really good!

xxnataxx on June 1, 2009, 8:06:00 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxhaha thanks. as soon as possible, i guess...
i'll try to upload a new chapter today (:
xx