Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two
13/4/2012 00:56

Reminder: Jason’s 19th birthday

Alex took the beer can out of Jason’s hands. “Dude. You can’t drink anymore.”

“Screw you,” Jason slurred, snatching his drink back. “It’s my birthday. I can drink as much as I want.”

“Don’t come crawling to me for help when you wake up later with a massive hangover puking your guts out.”

***
13/4/2012 08:23

Jason groaned when he woke up. Oh. The pain. He shouldn’t have drunk that last beer.

“I told you so,” Alex said from somewhere in their tent.

“Shut up,” Jason moaned. “Your voice makes my head hurt.” He opened his eyes and immediately closed them again. “Why does it have to be so damn bright?” he moaned again.

“Our tent’s black.”

A familiar feeling crossed Jason and his eyes sprang open as his stomach suddenly heaved.

Alex handed him a bag and Jason grabbed it and retched into it. Just in time. When he was done, he wiped his mouth on the back of his hand.

“Thanks,” he muttered.

Alex was looking at him disgustedly. “Just don’t touch me with that hand. Ever.” He stood up. “The tent reeks now. We’re going to have to air it out later.” He unzipped the tent and stepped outside. “Sanders, get out here.”

“Do I have to?”

“It’ll do you some good to get fresh air. Get your lazy @$$ out here.”

Jason groaned and crawled out of his sleeping bag and out of the tent. He squinted at the bright light. “Water,” he croaked. “I need water.”

“We can go down to the lake.”

“Please.”

As Jason slurped gratefully from the lake, Alex suddenly tensed up.

“What is it?” Jason asked, wiping his hands dry on his trousers.

Alex handed him his telescope. “Look. Across the lake.”

Jason held up the telescope and looked into it. A red tent. Barely hidden behind the trees.

“Attack or avoid?” they asked each other at the same time. Jason looked into his telescope once more, hoping that the people would come out of their tent. Deep down, he hoped that Kales was there. But he also hoped that she wasn’t. He didn’t want her to be on their side. It’d been six years, and still no sign of his sister. He suddenly realised that yesterday had been Kales’ birthday as well. Suddenly, the tent flap moved, and Jason and Alex immediately moved to hide behind a big tree.

Jason raised his telescope to his eye. A boy ducked out of the tent. He went down to the lake and splashed some water onto his face. He called something over her shoulder and a girl with black hair came out of the tent, laughing. The boy kissed her cheek as she joined him down at the lake. The girl was around Jason’s age.

Jason’s heart sank. Black hair. Not Kales. As far as he remembered, Kales had blonde hair. And he had brown hair. But now his hair was red. Not blood red, of course, but a kind of auburn-y, ginger-y, red colour. It was quite disconcerting. He didn’t like it.

“Attack,” Alex whispered to him.

“What? Why?”

“There’s a girl. They’re in love. In a daze. Off their guards. We’ll take them by surprise.”

Jason noticed that both the boy and the girl were fully armed. Besides, they were happy. Not that it was something he was supposed to feel. The Black Fighters did not feel happiness. Yet another reason he felt like he didn’t belong there. “Maybe…maybe we should avoid.”

“Why?”

Jason racked his brain for an excuse. “If they didn’t even bother trying to hide their tent, that means they aren’t scared. And that means that they must be really good.”

“We’re good.”

“But not really good.”

“Do you think so little of your fighting skills?”

“No. I don’t think little of your fighting skills either,” he added for good measure, because Alex was a better fighter than he was and wouldn’t hesitate to kick his @$$. In fact, he was sure that Alex was dying to kick his @$$. He just didn’t have an excuse to do it.

“Then why do you think we’re not good enough?”

“Never underestimate a girl, Kennedy.”

“Come on, Sanders. It’s only a girl, what harm could she do?”

Suddenly something whizzed through the bushes and stuck on Alex’s exposed arm. A Throwing Star. Alex hissed with pain and winced as he plucked the sharp metal disk out of his arm. He inspected it. “It’s theirs,” he said through gritted teeth. “It has their Sign.”

Jason looked out from his tree and saw the black-haired girl scrutinising their side of the lake. She had cold, blue eyes. Jason’s heart sank again. That definitely wasn’t his sister. His sister had the softest, gentlest, baby blue eyes. Hair could be dyed, but eye colour couldn’t change. Coloured contacts were out of the question, because all Fighters, Black or Red, had dragon-like, cat-like, narrow eyes and were shaped in such a way that there was no possibility a contact lens could fit in to it. That’s why they didn’t need glasses. Perfect eyesight was kind of part of the package deal.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped onto his. Her gaze narrowed as she aimed and threw. Jason was about to duck down when he saw that she had thrown not one, but five Throwing Stars at the same time. And they were all heading straight for him in different angles. His eyes widened and he flipped up and off the tree. The Throwing Stars missed him by less than a foot, all of them landing so close together that Jason was surprised they didn’t land in the same place. She had strength, and she had accuracy.

“Never underestimate a girl, Kennedy,” he hissed to Alex, just to wind him up.

Alex scowled at him. Jason tossed him two of his Throwing Stars so that they had three each. They each selected a target and aimed, Jason throwing them all at once while Alex threw two, hissing in pain each time. He ripped off the sleeve of his shirt and tied it around—with some difficulty, as he didn’t ask Jason for help and Jason didn’t offer it. He tucked the third Throwing Star into his bag.

“Pack up your stuff,” Alex said. “We’re leaving.”

“I told you we should’ve avoided them.”

Alex scowled at him. “I’d stay and fight, but the better fighter amongst the two of us is hurt, and we have much more to lose than we have to gain.” He held up the scroll.

Jason’s eye widened. “Don’t hold that up!” He looked quickly across the lake, but it was too late. The girl had already seen the scroll and was talking animatedly with the boy. “You idiot,” he groaned. “You were supposed to be the smart one.”

Alex swore. “Pack up. We’re leaving.” They both sprinted for the tent as arrows and throwing knives flew towards them.

Jason stuck his fingers in his mouth and whistled for their wolves. They came running. Alex tied their belongings onto them with bits of strong cord and they all ran. Jason looked behind him as he ran and saw that the girl was running across the lake. And she wasn’t sinking. That lake had to be at least six feet deep. She could run on water? She could run on water!

And that’s when he promptly ran into a tree.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment