Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three
13/4/2012 08:26

Kaley laughed when the boy with red hair slammed into a tree. Served him right. He had almost gotten her with the Throwing Stars. Almost. She watched as his friend groaned in aggravation, picked him up and dumped him on a wolf before disappearing into the trees.

“Hurry!” She called out to Ray.

“Well, I’m sorry if I don’t have magical powers that let me run on water,” he panted. “I had to run all the way around that damn lake. Do you know how big it is?”

“I’ll answer your question later. Right now we have to get that scroll.”

“Kales, it’s not even our job to get that scroll. We were supposed to bring the amulet home to the RN.”

“I think it’s stupid that we’re called the Fighters, and that our leader is called a freaking Ninja. I mean, really. ‘We’re the Red Fighters, our leader’s the Red Ninja.’ Stupid.”

“Kaley.”

“I know, respect is important. And I do respect the RN, it’s just that…he needs a new name.”

An eyebrow went up. “Who says the RN’s a he?”

“Wow, he’s a she?”

“No, she’s a she.”

She swatted him on the arm. “You know what I mean.” Then she saw what he was doing. “You sidetracked me on purpose! Now we’ll never get that scroll!”

“We weren’t supposed to get the scroll.”

“You’re a jerk.”

“You’re a stubborn girl.”

She pouted. “We could’ve gotten that scroll.”

“And we could’ve lost the amulet in the process. Kaley, the amulet is much more important. The only reason they’re not at our necks trying to get it is because we’re not dumb enough to hold it up like that guy did.”

“But that’s the last scroll! They took the Eleventh scroll! It’s the most powerful one, and they found it!”

“Kales, we have to get back. Please.”

She sighed. “Fine.”

Ray pulled her in for a kiss before whistling for Shyam and Ramani. The tigers bounded over. Ramani headed straight for Kaley, who laughed and stroked its head.

“Hello, baby,” she cooed. She’d had Ramani since she was thirteen and Ramani was a cub, and the two had been best friends ever since. Ramani purred and nuzzled against Kaley while she tied her belongings onto its back and Ray did the same for Shyam.

“So are we going back to our base?”

“Yep.”

“And how long will that take?”

“Three, at most four days journey.”

Kaley sighed. “Really. I don’t understand why you guys don’t use hi-tech stuff. Like cars, planes, retina scans, fingerprint scans, guns, bombs and all that.”

“It’s a tradition, Kaley. Besides, not all people can handle ‘hi-tech stuff’.”

“Like you, for instance,” she teased.

“I’m only a hundred and thirty years old, and I admit, I will struggle if I have to use hi-tech equipment. But think of all the other Fighters...some of them are eight hundred years old, Kales.”

“Geez. You’d think that if they knew they were immortal, they’d try to keep up with times.”

Ray gave her a warning glance, and she knew to shut up. In time, she’d learn to truly respect the Fighters and their traditions. Hopefully.

“Ray?”

“Yes?”

“You know how when you’re immortal, your body stops ageing at a certain age?”

“Yes.”

“When’s that?”

“Usually when you hit your mid-twenties.”

“How do you know?”

“It’s weird how you can feel your body stop growing. You can’t feel it growing because you’ve lived with that feeling since you were born, but once it stops, it’s like...not being able to open your eyes. It’s quite uncomfortable, but you get used to it after a while.”

“Ah.” So the red-haired boy was still growing then, because he looked as young as she did. “So how about once you stop growing? How do people know how old you are?”

“It kind of mixes between age and experience. When you’re old, you’re experienced, and it shows in your eyes. Look at my eyes.” She obliged. Ray had grey-green eyes and Kaley saw a tiny ring of silver encasing the pupil, between the grey-green and the black. “The more experienced you are the brighter that silver ring glows. Of course, the older you are, the more experienced you are, and so we don’t actually know whether it’s the age or the experience which causes this.”

“So there’s a possibility that I can be very experienced even though I’m very young?”

Ray shrugged. “I suppose. Why?”

Kaley shook her head. “Nothing.” If there was a possibility that it could happen, it’d happen to her. She’d make sure of it. So that she can make her brother pay. Make him pay for what he did to her. Her thoughts drifted momentarily to the red-haired boy. There was something familiar about him…but he couldn’t be Jason. Jason had brown hair. But her hair used to be blonde, and it turned to black. So there was a possibility for everything. Or anything.

She was sure she could’ve recognised the boy as Jason if she’d taken a look at his eyes. Jason had light grey eyes, so light they were almost white in colour. It was weird, and it stood out, and it was how she knew it was him every time he tried to disguise himself as someone else.

She tucked her scythes back into her belt. “Let’s go.” Ray grabbed her arm. She raised an eyebrow, and he withdrew his arm. She didn’t like people grabbing her. He knew that. “What?”

“Don’t do anything stupid.”

She snorted. “Why’d you think I’d do something stupid?”

“Because you have that look in your eyes.”

“Ray, I never do anything stupid.” She pulled her arm away from him. “Outrageous or dangerous, maybe, but never stupid.”

“Don’t do anything that’s even slightly dangerous, Kales.”

“Then maybe I should just eat and sleep all day. No wait; if I ate, I might get food poisoning. So I should just sleep my life away. No, no, wait; someone might come to murder me when I’m sleeping. So I should just sit there all day. No, no, no, wait; I could—”

“You know what I mean.”

Kaley looked him in the eye, and he looked away. Everybody always looked away from her when she looked them in the eye. Her eyes scared people. It was a good thing. “Nothing is safe, Ray. Not here, anyway.” She strode away to tickle Ramani’s chin before straightening up. “We should go. We wasted the morning.”

“This way, then.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment