Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five
13/4/2012 23:19

Kaley yawned. “Let’s make camp.”

Ray nodded. “We’ve covered quite a distance today.”

“You can say that again.” Right now, Kaley didn’t even care about making camp. She wanted to sleep. In fact, that rock over there was looking quite comfortable.

“Do you want to help?” he asked her after a while when he was untying their belongings from Shyam and Ramani.

“Nope.”

He kissed her cheek. “Sometimes I don’t know why I asked you to marry me.”

“Sometimes I’m glad I said no.”

He raised his eyebrows. “So sometimes you regretted saying no?”

“No.”

He winced. Kaley, realising the bluntness of her words—well, word—reached over to kiss him on the cheek. “I’m sorry. Now go make camp. I’m tired.” She patted his head as he rolled his eyes and left.

Kaley yawned again and snuggled close to Ramani, burrowing herself into its warm, soft fur. Just before she fell asleep, she felt Ray’s arms close around her and lifting her up.

***

14/4/2012 01:57

And the next thing she knew, she was being wakened up by him.

“What the hell?” she mumbled.

“We’re being tracked.”

“And you know this how?”

“Because I just went out to take a leak and saw them coming.”

“I really didn’t need to know the first part of the sentence. Besides, how do you know they’re coming for us?”

“Because they’re the same people you wanted to go after earlier.”

She sat up immediately, all traces of sleepiness gone. “The red-haired guy?”

“And his blonde friend.”

“Was that guy blonde?”

“How did you not see it?”

“Maybe because I was distracted by the guy who had hair the colour of ketchup.”

He shook his head. “You really need to be more observant. The other guy had blonde hair.”

“I used to have blonde hair,” she mused. “I wonder whether he used to have blonde hair as well. Or maybe he had white hair…”

“Can we not discuss hair colour and discuss escaping plan?”

“Escaping? We’re not escaping from anything.”

“Well, we will be if we continue to stay here and talk about hair colour.”

“Get a move on then,” she said, bounding up and unzipping the tent flap. “Actually,” she said, poking her head back in. “Scratch that.”

“What?” He stopped packing. “Why?”

She picked up her scythes from the floor. “We’re too late.”

Ray swore under his breath and unsheathed his rapier.

“No.” Kaley held up a hand. “You go. Pack up everything and go. I’ll catch up. I run faster than you do.”

“I’m not leaving you in danger by yourself, Kales.”

Kaley snorted. “Ray, this danger consists of a guy who ran into a tree.”

Ray shook his head. “No. If anything, you should be the one running.”

“That’s stupid. Women aren’t weak. I should be an example of that.”

“I never said they were weak. And you definitely aren’t. But I’m not letting you fight them alone. No way.”

Kaley got up and rummaged around in her bag and took out a pouch. She tightened the drawstrings around it and hung it around Ramani’s neck.

“If anything happens, promise me you’ll take this back to base safely, okay?” she whispered to it. Ramani purred and burrowed its head against Kaley’s leg.

Ray dropped a kiss onto Kaley’s forehead. “Nothing’s going to happen.”

“Just in case.” Kaley ducked outside the tent. It was dark outside, but she could just make out the silhouettes of two figures coming towards them. She held up her scythes.

“Who’re you, and what do you want?” she called out to them as Ray came out of the tent as well holding up his rapier.

“You may remember us,” the blonde boy said, stepping into the moonlight. “You threw a Throwing Star into my arm this morning.”

Kaley smirked. “I was hunting. I thought you were a chicken. Sorry.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment