Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven
14/4/2012 02:10

“How dare you show me up?” she yelled at Ray as soon as he ducked inside their tent.

“The tent is not soundproof, Kaley,” he said calmly as he zipped up the tent.

She stalked right up to him and looked up at him. She could actually feel her eyes glowing with anger. She knew that her eyes would look like blue flames right now to Ray or any one who was looking at them. “How dare you?” she hissed. “What right do you have? When I tell you to let go, you let go.”

“So that you could go kill your twin brother? I don’t think so.”

“I wasn’t going to kill him!”

“You could’ve fooled me.”

“See? See? This…this is why I didn’t marry you. You can’t read my mind, Ray, and you never will be able to. You can’t just…assume I’m going to do something. It doesn’t work that way.” She stormed out of the tent to find Alex and Jason still standing outside. “What?”

“Did Ray ask you to marry him?” Jason asked.

She shook her head. “How is that any of your business?”

“Well, I’m your brother after all, aren’t I?”

“Not for the past six years, you haven’t been.”

“My sister almost got married,” Jason mused.

Kaley scowled. “Why are you here, Jason?”

“For the Conjunct Amulet. I know you have it.”

“Do you now?” Did he? How was he so sure? Even they didn’t know for sure whether that was the Conjunct Amulet. But she needn’t worry. Ramani had it. Ramani would keep it safe.

“Yes.”

“Did you expect that I would just hand it over even if I had it?” she asked them, smirking. Behind her, Ray came out of the tent and stood beside her. She tensed up a little, but otherwise ignored him.

“Well, the Kaley I knew would’ve just given it to me if I asked…nicely.”

“I don’t know whether you had cotton wool stuffed in your ears or not, but the Kaley you knew doesn’t exist anymore.” She held both her scythes in one hand and reached into the hidden pocket of her skirt. It was a black skirt. All the Red Fighters had to dress in black—which was confusing, if anybody had bothered to ask for Kaley’s opinion, but they didn’t—and they all had to wear the same thing. Well, obviously, the males didn’t have to wear skirts. They just wore something that resembled a karate costume, but in black. The girls had to wear a black fitted top and a floor length, swishy grey skirt. Black stripes ran down the skirt, gradually flaring out as they reached the bottom.

She took out four Throwing Stars and held them up menacingly. “Leave now, or find these pierced straight through your hearts. It’s not going to be difficult, considering you’re standing less than a yard away from me.”

The blonde guy—what was his name again? Oh right, Alex—held up his hands. “We don’t want to fight. All we want to know is whether you have it.”

“That’s not what he said.”

“Well he’s an idiot.”

“Oh gee, thanks, friend of mine,” Jason said sarcastically.

Alex ignored him. He was staring at Kaley. She raised an eyebrow and hardened her gaze, expecting him to look away, but to her surprise, he didn’t. She found his gaze quite disturbing. It raised the hairs on her arms.

She licked her lips. “Leave now.” She twirled the Throwing Stars between her fingers.

Alex backed away immediately, pulling Jason with him. “Let’s go, man.”

Jason shook Alex’s arm away, frowning. “No. Give us the amulet, Kales.” He reached his hand out for it.

Kaley would have laughed had they not been in such a grave situation. Did Jason really think she’d throw away all her hard work for him? Did he think that he could just disappear and then appear again after six years? Six freaking years?

“Sorry, Jason,” Ray said smoothly from beside her. “No can do. We don’t have it.”

“But be sure to tell us if you do,” Kaley added. “Because you can be sure that we’ll come for it.”

Jason smirked. “Sis, after all these years, your lying skills still hasn’t gotten any better.”

“If you noticed, I didn’t say anything about me having it, or about me not having it. Therefore, I didn’t lie, nor did I tell the truth. The only truth that was in what I said was that if you have the amulet, you can be sure that we’ll come for it.” She combed her long black hair thoughtfully with a Throwing Star. “Oh, and also that if you didn’t leave right now, you’ll get your @$$ kicked.” She held up her scythes again.

Jason laughed. “You’ve threaten us with that so many times, it’s kind of hard to believe you.”

She aimed, and then she threw. A sudden burst of energy burst through her as she threw her Throwing Stars, and as it pierced through the material of Jason’s clothing, it knocked him backwards as well and pinned him to a tree.

“Next time that’s going to go through your heart,” Kaley told him after having the satisfaction of watching his face pale with fear and shock after realising what had happened.

She had to admit, she was surprised as well. She never knew that she was so strong. Ray didn’t, either. He was staring at her with his jaw hanging down.

“Keep looking at me like that and you’ll choke on a fly,” she told him.

He obediently closed his mouth. “You never told me you could do that.”

“I never knew I could do that.”

Jason gulped and pulled the Throwing Star out of the tree trunk. He fell down onto the ground in the process. “Ow.”

“We’ll uh, leave now,” Alex said after helping Jason up. “Thank you for your time. I think.”

“You better thank us for our time. Because of you, I lost at least an hour’s sleep. Unlike some people, we have important things to do instead of going around and waking people up looking for imaginary amulets.”

“You have the amulet, Kales,” Jason hissed in a voice so low only she could hear as he stalked past her. “And I’m going to come back for it.”

“Good luck. You’re going to need it.”

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Konohasdarkshadow on May 21, 2009, 2:15:23 PM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadow:O JJ to the rescue! you made an error! you mixed up some stories XD

“But be sure to tell us if you do,” Kerri added.

you meant Kaley right? ^^. That one confuZled me lol, i was staring at it for like 3 long minutes trying to figure out what it meant, but then realized you meant Kaley

xxnataxx on May 21, 2009, 6:05:20 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxlol and i only typed the wrong name because i was writing both stories at the same time so that kind of confuzzled me lol xx

xxnataxx on May 21, 2009, 6:03:25 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxomgggg thanks for telling me that lol that would've been like a fatal error xx

liggybird on May 21, 2009, 8:35:20 AM

liggybird on
liggybirdIt's interesting to see the various ways in which Kaley asserts herself amongst the others. Having the adversaries meet (confrontationally) in the middle of the night is an excellent way of bringing out some of their conflicts imo. Plenty of interesting things are being revealed through the dialogue. Gripping stuff!

xxnataxx on May 21, 2009, 6:03:47 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxthanks liggy (: xx